Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,370 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope they don’t use JR for the main show he just won’t be up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Maybe for the last two matches,

The pop for The Acclaimed & The Ass Boys.

Scissor me Daddy Ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Winning when it's 2 Vs 4 is something I didn't think NJPW would allow. Thought the Ass Boys running backstage was just a way for NJPW to take the win there.

Ah sh¡t, that's a tough one for FTR. Could be a work, but I doubt it.

• Advertisement

That's was a disappointing finish, nearly a five count there. If that was a work, it was brutal booking.

Best match of the night so far. Connors was really good, enjoyed that one. Miro looked the part even though he didn't win.

Sting teleported hahaha

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've been enjoying this so far.

The Tag Titles match was great, FTR might go on a run in Japan

I'm sure we all thought Miro was going over in that 4-way, but fair play to Pac.

Sting is just great. Knows his limits and paces himself but pulls off some great spots. He had a moment when he no-sold that pair of super-kicks :D

Just watching Thunder Rosa and Toni Storm now, very good match.

Cassidy and Osprey now, I'm looking forward to this.

The women's match had some serious stiff spots, best women's match I've seen in a while.

Ospreay putting his hand in the pocket was a cool spot. Ospreay is great at selling moves. Sky is the limit for him

What a belter of a match. Kevin Kelly's call was on the money haha

• Advertisement

Osprey v Cassidy was match of the night for me so far, really enjoyed it.

Claudio doing the cameraman spot in his intro was very well played :)

Another weird finish, Cole should have ate a rainmaker would have made sense then. Kevin Kelly is quality, Taz as well added a lot. To be fair JR was ok too.

Looks like Cole might've gotten hurt, the finish did seem a bit anti-climactic. Gotta agree about Kelly, I've never watched NJPW but he's been a very good part of the team.

Mox's blade job is ridiculous, my only criticism of this match which is a banger.

Yeah the blade job was unnecessary, the match was pretty good otherwise.

Ah this crap at the end was a waste of having a main event, talk about taking the shine off things. Pure joke of a way to end the ppv.

Was a really solid enjoyable ppv overall but it took a nosedive after the women's match. Those last two matches didn't live up to what came before them. Main event was good but the blading and the post match just sucked the enjoyment out of it. 7/10 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess he couldn't pull double duty so had to let someone cover for him.

I guess Cole was the one who was planned to take the pin to protect the others and they decided to end it early to get him out of there. I guess even selling the Rainmaker would've been too much.

I may have said before but their camerawork is getting to be too much like WWE these days. For both Shibata and Claudio they showed the crowd reactions for about 5 or 10 seconds when the music hit instead of letting us know who it was.

Feel for Cole it was pretty clear he got his bell rung.

Fair play to them for calling an end quickly and improvising a finish to get him out of there to be looked at. 

On a side note way to many wrestlers being held together by K tape these days.

AEW Grand Slam announced for September 21st at Arthur Ashe as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going through this slowly over the day.

Sting is awesome. The entrance was incredible 😂

Im so happy for FTR. I can’t remember a tag team getting so incredibly over so naturally. I can’t remember a tag team I’d say were genuine main event level talent, but there they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking I'm glad they stopped Sting's snow entrance.

Death Before Dishonour is happening as an RoH PPV and Claudio was planned to appear at that.

I'm watching the press scrum, Jay White came out and was full-on belligerent bastard heel up beside TK which I appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What an F-ing show

That crowd, damn they made it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭ThePott

Excellent show from top to bottom, definitely overdelivered, some scattered thoughts.

Think the opener was the most forgettable of the matches but still decent. Women's match was the best match for the division in some time. It's a shame that the IWGP match had to end the way it did, seemed they called it with Cole being injured. Sting's intro spot really popped me, how is he 63.

Highlight for me was Ospreay/Orange Cassidy, knew that was going to be an excellent match but it still was better than expected. Claudio got a great reaction, not a fan of his music but other than that I'm happy. Loved the cheeky cameraman nod too. Curious to see what they'll do with the Atlantic championship now. Main event was really good, not the highlight but still great. I don't think anyone has done more to raise their stock or benefited more from leaving WWE that FTR.

One really minor complaint I had was Juice Robinson. Feels like they could have done more with him. Shibata was a nice moment and all but having him save Cassidy and holding up the 'US title' would have helped people get more excited for their eventual showdown in NJPW. Forbidden Door II in Japan would be class, great show and hope it becomes a fixture.

So claudio was signed to be the face of the new roh but the injury to danielson changed that debut i still think that is where he should land with a number of the current over stacked aew roster

Forbidden Door 2 during Wrestle Kingdom week would be a good place to have it.

It gives them 6 months to plan and storylines and have crossover apperances along the way.

My main grip was Claudio winning really puts an end to The American Dragon vs. ZSJ why would Danielson want to take on ZSJ now to see who is the best techeical wrestler in the world when he can't even beat Claudio.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭ThePott

The most recent Wrestle Kingdom was 3 nights and the final night had a NJPW vs Noah theme. Would be cool if Night 3 was a Forbidden Door style event. Although they may not have the same access to talent depending on how much work they had to put in the first two nights.

If they really wanted to have ZSJ vs Danielson at some point I'm sure they'll push the line that Zach was taken by surprise and had no way of preparing for his opponent, etc. etc. You couldn't have Claudio (or anyone of merit) come in to BCC and immediately lose and making it a dirty finish would have ruined the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Thought it was a very good PPV. Wasn't sold on buying it in til I saw the crowd on the buy in and glad I did. The pop Swerve got for his stomp to the outside at the finish sold me.

Only low point, if you'd call it a low was the silly bollocks that went on with Bullet Club during their match.

The crowd for the start of the 4 way gave it that really big match feel, it was a pity it didn't end in a big crashendo to match the said crowd energy.

I knew a lot of the NJPW lads but didn't actually see them wrestle before so the show did its job in exposing me and I'm sure many others to them. So, yeah, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The post media scrum is a brilliant watch

• Advertisement

Looks like Mox thinks he might have a concussion.

Advertisement