Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

AEW Dynamite holds my attention more than weekly NXT does. NXT Takeovers nearly always absolutely kill it though. I really like both. AEW Dark has been ridiculously good for showcasing talent and enhancement performers, I never miss it. Raw and SD are just clips and reports at this stage for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think I would say AEW Dark over the last 6 weeks or so has been the best wrestling show around and Taz and Excalibur being the best commentary as well.

Warhorse gets his shot at Cody next week for the TNT title.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,983 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Wow, the Dark Order segment on this week's BTE was painful. Poor Brodie. I wonder what he must be thinking, shackled with this god-awful gimmick, while guys like Brian Cage are getting built like proper monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Dark is stacked this week, looking forward to it, particularly Inner Circle/Private Party/SCU, Fuego/Guevara and Cassidy/Serpentico.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Wow, the Dark Order segment on this week's BTE was painful. Poor Brodie. I wonder what he must be thinking, shackled with this god-awful gimmick, while guys like Brian Cage are getting built like proper monsters.

Yeah but he got to mock Vince on tv so that’s something right. Remember how everyone loved those skits. No? Anyone? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Brodie and archer after the Cody match have been disappointing for me the last few months love Brodie but I don’t like the dark order stuff he’s done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Here's a thought, perhaps the big bad WWE were right all along and Brodie Lee is nothing more than a mid-carder. Solid worker but the drizzling ****s on the mic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ricero wrote: »
    Here's a thought, perhaps the big bad WWE were right all along and Brodie Lee is nothing more than a mid-carder. Solid worker but the drizzling ****s on the mic.

To me Brodie doesn’t fit in with what AEW is trying to do. Strange signing if you ask me.

Brodie could have switched paths with Archer maybe? Taken Jake as manager? I feel he (Brodie) could do the "massive menacing scheming psycho" far more convincingly than Archer, who has a tendency to be a touch OTT, and really just doesn't have very heelish facials.

• Advertisement

Khan was talking in an interview with ESPN about how the TNT higher up guys love Orange as he was involved in the top rated segment of AEW on the channel and seem to always be a draw when on screen along with being a huge merch seller.

I can well believe it he just has IT.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Khan was talking in an interview with ESPN about how the TNT higher up guys love Orange as he was involved in the top rated segment of AEW on the channel and seem to always be a draw when on screen along with being a huge merch seller.

I can well believe it he just has IT.

But he was also in the lowest rated segment too right? I still can't wrap my head around that, considering how popular most of his internet stuff is

But he was also in the lowest rated segment too right? I still can't wrap my head around that, considering how popular most of his internet stuff is

who was he against in both segments was it jericho? or 2 different wrestlers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

sky88 wrote: »
    who was he against in both segments was it jericho? or 2 different wrestlers

The lowest was Jericho anyway I'm pretty sure.. which makes no sense. I'm pretty sure it even did really well on youtube

What was the best rated segment?

The lowest was Jericho anyway I'm pretty sure.. which makes no sense. I'm pretty sure it even did really well on youtube

Oh that’s surprising would have thought Jericho was part of the highest rating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Very enjoyable Dark this week, I thought Dark Order, Abadon, Sammy and Scorpio Sky were particularly impressive.

Also a nod to Excalibur who has settled in and gotten much better as a result lately, he's starting to sound like he did in PWG. Him and Tazz have become a really good commentary team.

Scorpio Sky is really on the slow build to being a world champion in a year or so.

Penelope Ford could be a megastar in her own right if they play there cards right with her.

Scorpio Sky is the full package. The kind of babyface that could go on Ellen or something like that.

One who is being completely wasted is Frankie K - I only ever see him on BTE doing stupid impressions.

If the plan is to build Scorpio into a top singles star, they could do worse than to have Frankie turn on him at some point, I'd say he'd be a great obnoxious jock heel.

Wow AEW has jumped the shark with signing a steroid filled Matt Cardona. Jobs for the boys. So as long as you’re friends with Cody you’ll get a job.

Zack Ryder/Matt Cardona is too one dimensional this signing has all of the worse parts of WCW and Impact about it. Booking for your mates and signing WWE’s talentless leftovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Has a good online following, can add to their digital channels also. There figures are coming out so he has a platform to promote them also.

Something to prove also , solid enough worker and Creative so it Makes sense.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pretty sure that's not how the phrase "jumped the shark" is supposed to be used either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Do like the Dark Order but it needs to be trimmed to Brodie,Evil Uno who's twitter is excellent by the way,Stu Grayson,Preston Vance and Anna Jay and hopefully Cult Cobana turns heel and fully joins them.

Think heel Cobana when the live crowds are back would be brilliant!

Very interested to see how Anna Jay develops now.

Very underwhelmed by how Matt Hardy is being used so far and really can't believe how much they have messed up with Lance Archer!

I also feel they have signed up way too many wrestlers and they definitely need a second tv show to use some of these wrestlers.Aew Dark is grand but way too many one sided matches on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Totally agree with the previous poster. Another WWE lower card reject gets a job with AEW. Ryder hasn't been relevant in nearly a decade.

Coady knows how to look after the boys. A real danger of TNA 2.0 off all this although that may be insulting to TNA who had some minor success.

This whole Orange Cassidy push is a farce. Hes a comedy gimmick and we are suppose to take him serious now. Jericho should know better.

wrestling wise hes nothing special but he can be an entertaining character in the mid card for AEW

I'd love Kairi to stop by Daily's Place to have match with Shida before heading back to Japan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just saw MJF's promo. Kid is special.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

More of WWE's broken toys signed up. Whatever about Ryder but Cameron? Really?

MJF's machine-gun delivery is brilliant, proper motormouth. The content of the promo was **** though. Calling fans marks, half a dozen WWE references and talking about minute-by-minute ratings. Why waste his promo ability by having him do Hulk Hogan references in 2020?

Can you imagine the goofy gimmick Vince would put on MJF thankfully he ended up in a wrestling company not an entertainment company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Always funny how these guys appear out of nowhere yet the commentators know to say things like "from Strong Island". And then repeat it to try and get it across.

And why sign Cameron? She was terrible in WWE. Remember her trying to pin a face down opponent? And according to her wiki page, she's not been active since leaving there.

So why were Diamanté and Dark Order no. 1 contenders?

Advertisement