Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Market 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

Sheeps wrote: »
    Reported that to SDCC. They'll send someone out to inspect it.
    I wouldn't hold my breath...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

oceanman wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold my breath...

Was on to a number of councillor too, it'll happen.

What's wrong with them?

bubblypop wrote: »
    What's wrong with them?

They're shipping containers.

They're shipping containers.

I know someone who made a house from shopping containers. So long as they are insulated & turned into homes what would be wrong with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Looks like the ad was pulled

Kamili wrote: »
    Looks like the ad was pulled

Reported it to daft too. Didn't have the correct address. Probably to hide the location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

People complain about housing and homeless crisis.

People complain about 300 sq.ft modular home which would help others.

I can’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emmaeva9018

ELM327 wrote: »
    I have many rants

have any images and price plz share

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Slightly off topic but anyone know how you can find out if a new development will have units reserved for social housing? Does the estate agent have to be honest about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

lfen wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but anyone know how you can find out if a new development will have units reserved for social housing? Does the estate agent have to be honest about it?
    Check the Planning Application as it may be mentioned. Also check with the Council.
    Of course there is nothing to stop the builder and council to come with a late agreement particulary if sales are slow

10% minimum will be social and affordable, it's a legal requirement. Have you something against social housing?

An agent likely won't know where these houses will be until well into the development timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

We are looking at the moment and generally ask the EA's , most will tell you, or at least come back to you. Its obviously a question they are being asked a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Department of Housing heard you liked expensive property, so they've introduced new building regs from November that will tack about 7k (2%) onto the price of a €350k home.

Also, I'd you planned on getting a fixer upper making any changes to the existing structure of the house, you'll also be required to get the house up to an energy rating of B2.

As if renovating a home wasn't hard enough, it renders then completely useless to first time buyers.

I'm actually shocked there isn't more uproar over this. It seems to have gone quiet on it.

I was considering a house that needed a bit of upgrading, and with this it's kinda blown me out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

I'm actually shocked there isn't more uproar over this. It seems to have gone quiet on it.

I was considering a house that needed a bit of upgrading, and with this it's kinda blown me out of the water.
    I would say there are many around the country in the same boat as yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The main reason there is not much talk about this is because they will be introducing more grants along side exciting grants.
    It sounds worse in the article .
    3 weeks ago I got my house ber rated got a c1 to bring it up to b3 rating all I need is a new oil burner condenser change the vent covers on the walls and get a new hot water tank.
    If you really want to improve your rating get rid of your bath and install one solar panel doing this to my house would jump ber upto a b1
    House is 35 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

10% minimum will be social and affordable, it's a legal requirement. Have you something against social housing?

An agent likely won't know where these houses will be until well into the development timeline.

The reason why I wouldn't look at new, no way I'm paying 4-500k on a house and have to deal with whatever the council decides to put in beside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Planning docs should reference it , not all new estates have it but depends on the price of the houses normally

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Were I buying in a new estate, I would leave no stone unturned in order to avoid buying close to council housing, it's a valid enquiry

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

ml100 wrote: »

The reason why I wouldn't look at new, no way I'm paying 4-500k on a house and have to deal with whatever the council decides to put in beside you.

Too right, theese days the council prioritise housing trouble makers as fast as they can

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

ZX7R wrote: »
    The main reason there is not much talk about this is because they will be introducing more grants along side exciting grants.
    I...

The main reason is people are starting to realise all this expense will take a lifetime to pay for itself. So aren't doing it. So they have to force people to do it. Carrot and stick.

You are all clueless, there is a big difference between the required social & affordable housing, and council houses.

Cyrus wrote: »
    Planning docs should reference it , not all new estates have it but depends on the price of the houses normally

Planning docs don't reference it and no price does not come into it. The only thing that comes into it is development size. You don't need planning permission when the houses are the exact same.

Planning docs don't reference it and no price does not come into it. The only thing that comes into it is development size. You don't need planning permission when the houses are the exact same.

Planning docs will make reference to what’s being done re part v obligations

And yes price does come into it why do you think there are no social units in lansdowne place

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Price does come into it. If a developer has two estates, one with 30 houses for sale for 300k and the other with 30 houses for 800k they will do a deal with the council and give them 6 houses in the 300K development and 0 in the 800K development. It's a win for both as the developer makes more and the council saves more. The only loser is people who actually pay for the cheaper houses which are now 20% council.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Price does come into it. If a developer has two estates, one with 30 houses for sale for 300k and the other with 30 houses for 800k they will do a deal with the council and give them 6 houses in the 300K development and 0 in the 800K development. It's a win for both as the developer makes more and the council saves more. The only loser is people who actually pay for the cheaper houses which are now 20% council.

I thought they weren't allowed do that anymore.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

mcbert wrote: »

They're not supposed to- but look at developments like Clonburris which are going to be between 30 and 40% social and affordable housing units. Developers are being allowed to lump all their housing obligations into particular areas- and good luck to those areas- all the locals seem convinced that Clonburris is a Tallaght Mark II.

Its kind of tragic that we haven't learn anything at all from our mistakes of the last 40 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Qrt

They're not supposed to- but look at developments like Clonburris which are going to be between 30 and 40% social and affordable housing units. Developers are being allowed to lump all their housing obligations into particular areas- and good luck to those areas- all the locals seem convinced that Clonburris is a Tallaght Mark II.

Its kind of tragic that we haven't learn anything at all from our mistakes of the last 40 years.

You realise tallaght is massive yeah? And half of it is pretty much identical to the likes of rathfarnham?

Social housing is great, provided the income limits are high.

mcbert wrote: »

You can’t have million euro social units , no one can think that’s sensible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

beauf wrote: »
    The main reason is people are starting to realise all this expense will take a lifetime to pay for itself. So aren't doing it. So they have to force people to do it. Carrot and stick.

6 years ago I installed a solid fuel buner that runs on renewable wood stocks , with in 3 year's I had reduced my fuel bill enough to pay for it and labor and materials and installation of it.
    The profit made since has been put back into my house and has made much progress on my ber rating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement