Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO Lake World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

Fair point, but I think she is at nothing within the women's tournament if she's ambitious. If not grand stay where you are.

Wonder who beat her for the place in the pdc wc.

lisa ashton averaged 107 in first set again jan decker in this years pdc

fallon will prob be back in low 80s over longer format

Went twice to the grand slam in Wolverhampton. Loud raucous crowd. There's only one Philip Taylor chant would annoy the hell out of you.

i couldnt listen to that ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

sc86 wrote: »
    lisa ashton averaged 107 in first set again jan decker in this years pdc

fallon will prob be back in low 80s over longer format

Exactly and that's why any woman who's serious about playing and making a decent living needs to play a lot more in tournaments against harder opposition.

This means going down the route of having to qualify in the men's tournament. I think she would defo beat a lot in the men's.

She has to get away from the women's tournament which is in the doldrums.

I dont think they are consistant enough to compete

Lisa ashton played challange tour for few events and got nowhere , thats again the lowest players in the pdc

Look in backround

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I think Fallon is a serious talent. Almost 90 average and 50% on her doubles. If she played men I think she could be very good. 15 15 16 to win 1st set. That's serious darts.

Shes not even the best women's player, well down the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Shes not even the best women's player, well down the list.

Only Lisa Ashton has won more rankings events this year
    Lisa has won 10 rankings events this year
    Fallon has won 8

http://www.bdodarts.com/index.php/rankingsnew/ladies-rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Andy Hamilton has it all to do, 2 sets and a leg down.

3-0 Hamilton has gone the way of Wes Newton.

Hamilton an Newton shouldn't bother turning up to q school. Horrendous stuff.

• Advertisement

Scottish laddie playing now, Horgarth, looks like he's going to punch someone if he doesn't start to play better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Where can I get a stream of the BDO? Nightmare since it's left the BBC.

robman60 wrote: »
    Where can I get a stream of the BDO? Nightmare since it's left the BBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASaCUimavUI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Bob Harris wrote: »

Cheers, but it says not available in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Mobdro- europsport

Plenty illegal streams that not allowed post or you can subscribe to Eurosport player for only 6.99 a month .

how has andy hamilton got so bad ?
    also how were people tip him to win this?
    he done next to nothing on the bdo tour this year

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

sc86 wrote: »
    how has andy hamilton got so bad ?
    also how were people tip him to win this?
    he done next to nothing on the bdo tour this year

It's terrible looking at him and Wes to see how bad they have both gone . I didn't see Hamilton today but Wes was woeful . He was hitting 1's and 5's and then dropping down for cover on 19's and hitting 7's . He miscounted numerous times and was going for the wrong shots when trying to set up out shots and finishes. I felt sorry for the guy This would be bad pub darts never mind World Championship level.
    Once the first round or two is over the quality tends to dramatically improve - McGeeney , Durrant , Unterbuchner , Mitchell , Waites , Williams are all very capable players.
    I'm heading over for the semi's and final so hoping the boys are at full tilt come Saturday afternoon ....Let's...play...Darts !!

Andy Hamilton was the second most backed player after Scott Waites with Ladbrokes. Some crazy punters out there.

Andy Hamilton was the second most backed player after Scott Waites with Ladbrokes. Some crazy punters out there.

The Commentary team really talked up Hamilton for the first set and said he had some good results in the bdo this year. He was runnerup in the welsh and malta opens. He won the first leg of the match well and then that was the end of him. His scoring and finishing tumbled off a cliff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

watched some of the Hammer at lunchtime, jeebus he was woeful
    The commentator threw out a stat - he's won over £1m in prize money, the lad he was playing about £40k...

I wonder with him and Wes Newton, did they just manage to perform above their natural ability for a few years - their fall has been spectacular
    If you look at the Hammer, he had a good run through 2012/2013 but fell off the proverbial darting cliff after that, same with Wes

Lots of other examples - you could say the same of Richie Burnett for example - really hot for a few years in the mid 90's, but after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Did Brian Doggie Dawson not qualify this time either?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

robman60 wrote: »
    Cheers, but it says not available in this country.

Install Hola add on for Chrome and adjust the country setting to UK. Then play You Tube as normal.through Chrome. Sorry mods if this is not acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Have to say I'm enjoying the commentary. Better than Sky imo.

John Rawling is class at it. I even like Nicohlson.:pac: The stuff he comes out with.

i would say the type that watch it once a year
    thats incredible

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Install Hola add on for Chrome and adjust the country setting to UK. Then play You Tube as normal.through Chrome. Sorry mods if this is not acceptable

Didnt work for me. Thanks for the try though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Hamilton an Newton shouldn't bother turning up to q school. Horrendous stuff.

He got hammered

Dobromyslova just won in the women's. I don't know the average of the other girl but couldn't have been much more than 50.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Dobromyslova just won in the women's. I don't know the average of the other girl but couldn't have been much more than 50.

She complains about prize money then in post match interview. She should have being paying us to watch that .

• Advertisement

She complains about prize money then in post match interview. She should have being paying us to watch that .

Turner's avg was just over 57 and I'm not sure she even threw at a double.

Advertisement