Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunsmith

Options
  • 30-12-2018 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Who is the best gunsmith around leinster or further afield to service a beretta shotgun. Proper gunsmith not just a rfd who likes to play around.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

There used to be a guy in ardee sports (David Brennans place) who was very highly recommended. Cant for the life of me think of his name. Brennans where the main beretta dealer for a long time so he should have plenty of experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Luckysasha wrote: »
    There used to be a guy in ardee sports (David Brennans place) who was very highly recommended. Cant for the life of me think of his name. Brennans where the main beretta dealer for a long time so he should have plenty of experience

Thats great thank you. I thought their was a man up that way before ardee lost the end user alright. I will give them a bell. Thabks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

If you get no joy there i know.a man recently sent his beretta to small arm services in cork for a full restore. Brilliant service and refinishing carried out gun looks brand new

If you get no joy there i know.a man recently sent his beretta to small arm services in cork for a full restore. Brilliant service and refinishing carried out gun looks brand new

Ah great thanks didnt know they did actual servicing amd repair just thought exterior restoration etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

That would be a gentleman by the name of Tony Curran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Are you having any issues at the moment with the shotgun or do you just want a service?
    I will be setting up a workshop in the coming weeks and would be happy to do it if you dont get sorted by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

juice1304 wrote: »
    Are you having any issues at the moment with the shotgun or do you just want a service?
    I will be setting up a workshop in the coming weeks and would be happy to do it if you dont get sorted by then.
    Sorry for the hijack but would you be able to manufacture a firing pin.

If you are trained and able that would be great but i wouldnt be handing a 4.5k shotgun to just anybody

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you are trained and able .............

Have a read here, might help.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

If you are trained and able that would be great but i wouldnt be handing a 4.5k shotgun to just anybody

I completed a dual apprenticeship in Gunmaking while in Germany The bulk of my work was working on custom double rifles/guns from various places germany ferlach etc.. i have alot of experience with higher end Baretta, Westley Richards, Purdey, h&h etc.. I just moved home. And I have also been trained by Beretta directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭zeissman

I completed a dual apprenticeship in Gunmaking while in Germany The bulk of my work was working on custom double rifles/guns from various places germany ferlach etc.. i have alot of experience with higher end Baretta, Westley Richards, Purdey, h&h etc.. I just moved home. And I have also been trained by Beretta directly.

It will be great to have the services of a fully trained gunsmith in Ireland.
    Will you be doing any rifle work like rebarreling ?

Well it would be great to have soneone as experienced do the work. Please pm me details etc when you het a chance. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Think I've been following you and your work on instagram for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 1349

Are you a registered firearms dealer? Where will you be setting up shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mac10guns

If you can't get hold of Tony Curran (one of the best around) try Walter Blacklaw he services Berettas on behalf of GMK.
    Did a great job on my Perazzi MX2000 and my DT10. He's based down near Waterford but is in Dublin on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Small arms services

Advertisement