Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Center Parcs Experience

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s very accessible. I’m not sure if anywhere on site is more than a 15 minute walk to activities but you can pay to get a house closer to centre. We had a super close house last time and didn’t pay for it. Didn’t need bikes at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

They’ll manage fine walking. There are things like pottery painting that they can do/help the kids with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Has anyone gone in the winter? We're considering going in January when they have forest illuminations on, but not sure if it's worth it. The heated pool will be great of course as will a bunch of the indoor activities, but a lot of outdoor stuff that's a big part of the centerparcs experience would be off the table with the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

we were there late November last year and it was great... yes the weather was cold and there was some rain but with the right clothes and lights for the bike it was great.. the lights were savage and because of it getting dark early it made a lovely experience and atmosphere.... as for the activities..... the weekend we were there everything was running as normal.... id say it would have to be extreme weather before they would cancel most things..personally i would have no issues going back during the winter months

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Well worth it in January. It’s gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Has anyone used tesco vouchers to book CP? I followed the links through the tesco clubcard boost website, filled in all the voucher details and converted them, then when it was done it said I'll receive the CP voucher within 5 days. I've had no confirmation email or anything in a couple of days since, it all seems like quite a poor user experience. I've been trying to figure out when they would expire too but no sign of that info anywhere on the website.

Planning to put them towards a last minute booking but it's getting increasingly last minute the longer we wait, if I knew whether they have a long expiry I might just go ahead and book and use them for our next trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Currently booking some activities for a trip to Center Parcs next March. Neither the Sports Bar or Hucks Grill appear as options to reserve for food - what's the story there? They were both open when we went this February

I believe that the sports bar is walk in only now

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

….

Post edited by rubberdungeon on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Its continuation is indefinite from what I gather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Is the pool still limiting the amount of time you can spend in it and the amount of times you can go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Would you get away booking the 8 person lodge and having 4 adults and 5 kids stay? Youngest kid 4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Probably if you lie at security, they are unlikely to check, you can’t book activity for that 4 year old (might not be an issue if there is a 4-5 yr old on the booking that you can use their name. And ye won’t be able to go book a restaurant for the nine people at one as one doesn’t exist.

They check you in in the car so you’d have to make one child hide, if you were caught that’s the end of the holiday be very difficult to explain to the kids that thats that and you are heading home. I’m sure some have got away with it but it’s a big risk. It’s not like a hotel where people are milling around in reception, you’d be pulling up in 2 different cars and they’d be checking you in off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

The only thing you could do is leave your partner and one child in the nearest town to have lunch. Arrive at reception, check-in, tell them your wife is unwell and she'll be down tonight or tomorrow.

Get your keys, maybe unload a few bags, go back to town, get the wife and child and then re-enter via the lane for returning guests with no checks. Done.

Advertisement