Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 28th December

Options

Comments

Espoir D'Allen pretty good there

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

Folly dat in the 2.25 is massively overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

Thank god, that was worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Motivator wrote: »
    I like a horse called Early Doors in the Christmas Hurdle for Joseph O Brien. He finished third in the Martin Pipe behind Blow By Blow at the Festival and they thought he was going to be a Grade 1 winner. He finished 2nd in last season’s Hatton’s Grace to Mengli Khan who looked to be a world beater at that stage. I think 50/1 today is a massive price for a horse that can still improve. He may not win but he’s no 50/1 shot and I think he could sneak a place.

Edit: forgot there’s only 7 runners, big ask to finish top 2 but I think he’ll run well all the same

I hope people weren’t put off by the last 2 lines at the bottom of my post! He actually touched 66/1 about half an hour after I backed him but he shortened right back up again. Funnily enough, if he had have been 22/1 this morning I wouldn’t have backed him. He wouldn’t have finished 2nd if Faugheen has stood up but I thought he battled on well to finish a good second. Apple’s Jade just a beautiful mover, very hard for anything other than a proven Grade 1 winner to even get near her when she’s in that kind of form. I would think Early Doors can keep improving if his jumping gets better and will go well in big races as the season goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

crossman47 wrote: »
    I don't follow racing to any great extent but does Ruby have an inordinate number of falls at the last fence? Bacardys today.

Aye, he's on a treble now.

Just trying too hard. Sometimes the horses can only do so much. He is going to end up getting badly hurt again at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Jayo11780 wrote: »
    My father bred/owns The church gate who runs in 2.25.. won With a lot to spare in last race where he won running away.
    8/1 is super ew value and they fully expect to be i. The money. #info

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

My father bred/owns The church gate who runs in 2.25.. won With a lot to spare in last race where he won running away.
    Lovely jubbly
    Thanks for sharing

Fair play. Won very well

• Registered Users Posts: 42 awwalsh

8/1 is super ew value and they fully expect to be i. The money. #info[/QUOTE

Poetry in motion watching that. Fantastic stuff, Thanks for sharing

Annamix beaten in Limerick. Long time waiting to see this horse....pretty underwhelming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Fairly subdued celebrations :pac:
    Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Last time I expect Jayo to post publicly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Fair play, had Been a tough few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,872 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Coney Island ew for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Mullins did a very good job to position Kemboy in that one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Road to respect surely would have won without the 2 separate incolidents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What kind of a race was that. Shocking altogether. Ended up being a half mile sprint in what should've been a staying race. Remind me to ignore this race when checking form in a few months time. Be a nice price on Belshill for the Gold cup now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Road to respect wouldn't have won but still on good ground in Cheltenham is a main contender, dreadful race only for David Mullins, Jp should sign him up

One bet, Kemboy e/w.

Fair pick lad

Think Coney island places but for his jump at the last. Really likeable perfornance and one I'll be on next time wherever he goes.

• Advertisement

Mullins said they didnt bring Kemboy to the Hennessy due to ground and weight.

Almost sure the excuse was cancelled ferries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Think Coney island places but for his jump at the last. Really likeable perfornance and one I'll be on next time wherever he goes.

I thought it was a cracking run from him. When things cranked up a notch he wasn’t tapped for toe and but for the bad mistake at the last he’d have been bang there with Monalee and Road To Respect. He’ll come on a bundle from that race and I’m sure we’ll see him back at Leopardstown in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Very falsely run race. I'd be taking the form with a pinch of salt, personally.

RTR the one to take out of it, nearly came down twice.

Wonder what Henry will do with Monalee..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

Looked a proper race to me lads.

Monalee, second in an AB (winner won stayers race following year), second in a RSA (winner is fav for GC) and yard firing is a good mark of this batch of GC contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭BQQ

Fair play
    Thanks very much for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Cheers, Jayo! I had a fiver in this. Thank you!!

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Ffs, what a poxy three days punting and to top it off missed Jayos post.

Fair play Jayo, hope you made a killing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

faugheen lucky to be with us. feared the worst for sure, he is cursed in leopardstown and looked to be limping as he walked past the stands, i doubt we will see him again for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Bellshill the one to take from it. Cut in the ground in march and get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Bellshill the one to take from it. Cut in the ground in march and get on

Advertisement