Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 28th December

Options
  • 27-12-2018 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Im off to Ltown tomo, any thoughts or tips very much appreciated!Tempted to back Faugheen going back up in trip to 3m against the super mare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

12:10
    Charmed Life
    5/1

12:45
    Jack Fiasco
    28/1

13:20
    Bacardys
    2/1

13:50
    Bapaume
    14/1

14:25
    Arctic Light
    12/1

15:00
    Shattered Love
    6/1

My darts for the day tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Faugheen to win, 3m is his trip now. Bacardys to win. Jezki ew @40/1 has to get 2 quid.
    Pleasant company
    Espoir Dallen

Bellshill

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

The Lexus is Savage race

I like road to respect with a small saver on Disko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Last season was an absolute disaster for the horse and I thought his comeback over hurdles at Navan wasn’t bad all things considered. This time last year Coney Island was an 8/1 chance for the Gold Cup and Eddie Harty will have left no stone unturned in making sure this horse is back to his best. The Novice Chase he, Disko and Our Duke contested in 2016 was the best Novice Chase I’ve seen for an awful long time in Ireland. It’s a pity all three had issues since and obviously poor Our Duke is no longer around. Coney Island is only 7 and I think he’s a great ew bet. If he gets around in one piece tomorrow I think he’ll go close and if he gets round in one piece and gets well beaten then I’ll be backing him in February when they all rock back to Leopardstown. 25/1 is too big for a horse with so much potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

For Me

12:10
    The Red Menace
    14/1

12:45
    Russian Bill
    20/1

13:20
    Tower Bridge
    11/2

13:50
    Bapaume
    20/1

14:25
    Odit
    10/1

15:00
    Balko De Flos
    14/1

15:35
    Hell On Earth
    20/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Elliot/Mullins something like 5 winners between them from over 80 runners this week, very strange that, not sure if there is a bug or something a miss in both yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

My father bred/owns The church gate who runs in 2.25.. won With a lot to spare in last race where he won running away.
    8/1 is super ew value and they fully expect to be i. The money. #info

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Anyone know why Presenting Percy wasn't declared?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

3:00 Leopardstown

I think Road to Respect seems to be in top form this year and id expect him to win. I’m looking in the w/o markets for value here. First of all Coney Islands best form is on decent ground and I’m as sure as I can be that he will run well today after a nice pipe opener over hurdles. 18/1 w/o RTR is very good value with bet365, he is also 14/1 w/o RTR and Bellshill. I’m sure that in form he is better than most of them above him in the market. In addition Anibale Fly has the actual best form on offer here when 3rd in the Cheltenham Gold cup and a repeat of that here would be enough to win as he is sure to be staying on better than anything else. With him I’ll go just go win a win only bet as it’s the best value.

Coney Island 2 Points win 18/1 w/o RTR 16/1 generally

Anibale Fly 1 Point win 14/1 generally

Limerick 1:05

This race will suit Aurora Bell a lot more than his first run back after a very long break. He needs soft and at least this trip. If he is better for that run hell get involved here at a decent looking price.

1 Point win 16/1 @paddypower @Betfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Slattsy wrote: »
    Anyone know why Presenting Percy wasn't declared?

Ground I think with a run in Gowran the new plan.

aidankkk wrote: »
    3:00 Leopardstown

I think Road to Respect seems to be in top form this year and id expect him to win. I’m looking in the w/o markets for value here. First of all Coney Islands best form is on decent ground and I’m as sure as I can be that he will run well today after a nice pipe opener over hurdles. 18/1 w/o RTR is very good value with bet365, he is also 14/1 w/o RTR and Bellshill. I’m sure that in form he is better than most of them above him in the market. In addition Anibale Fly has the actual best form on offer here when 3rd in the Cheltenham Gold cup and a repeat of that here would be enough to win as he is sure to be staying on better than anything else. With him I’ll go just go win a win only bet as it’s the best value.

Coney Island 2 Points win 18/1 w/o RTR 16/1 generally

Anibale Fly 1 Point win 14/1 generally

Look back through Coney Island’s best form. Anibale Fly finished behind him in the Drinmore two years ago, as did Road to Respect. Two years is an awful long time in racing and Road To Respect has improved significantly but it’s not as if Coney Island is an old horse. I think that prep run at Navan will have put him spot on for this and in any case, he goes well fresh. He’s a forgotten horse but with Mark Walsh having a dream week I think there could be another bit of an upset today. I’d be shocked if he didn’t hit the frame considering the ability he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

That Leopardstown is a kip lads, you spend half ur day queing for a piss or a pint. Surely should be more toilets put in place absolute cesspit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Gringo180 wrote: »
    That Leopardstown is a kip lads, you spend half ur day queing for a piss or a pint. Surely should be more toilets put in place absolute cesspit.

You seem suprised. The Christmas festival brings out a very differrent crowd. It's more about pints and being seen than the racing. The facilities are fine for every other meeting of the year.

Felexicon wrote: »
    You seem suprised. The Christmas festival brings out a very differrent crowd. It's more about pints and being seen than the racing. The facilities are fine for every other meeting of the year.

With a larger crowd expected surely they should stick up some portacabin piss pots. Youd never see the likes of that in England at the big meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

One bet, Kemboy e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

With a larger crowd expected surely they should stick up some portacabin piss pots. Youd never see the likes of that in England at the big meetings.

What is it they say about common sense being the least common of all the senses........................

Balko Des Flos will go in today I reckon. Also have a sneaky feeling with Plinth today at a big price although I despise backing the filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Gone with Coney Island to finish in the 3 at 6/1. As said above its a quality horse and after a bit of a pipe opener over hurdles think it should run very well

Leopardstown 12:45

Plinth
    has been in better from that his figures indicate lately and if he stays this trip which looks likely to me 40/1 with 6 places is just huge. I think he could have a bit too much pace for most of these and his chances of getting in the 6 are more like 3/1 that the 8/1 we get there. In Addition Satoshi looks to be well in to my eye. He has looked as if a step up in trip will suit and is carrying almost nothing here. Some of his maiden form has worked out a lot better than a 123 rating would suggest.

2 Points EW Plinth 40/1 6 places paddy 5 places elsewhere

2 Points EW Satoshi 25/1 6 places paddy 5 places elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Felexicon wrote: »

Why did I queue for an hour at Dublin festival in February then?

Clearly they don't know how to staff for larger crowds / number of turnstiles, for me the CEO needs to take good long hard look at himself and his public comments as without people through the turnstiles he won't be in a job for too long

I like a horse called Early Doors in the Christmas Hurdle for Joseph O Brien. He finished third in the Martin Pipe behind Blow By Blow at the Festival and they thought he was going to be a Grade 1 winner. He finished 2nd in last season’s Hatton’s Grace to Mengli Khan who looked to be a world beater at that stage. I think 50/1 today is a massive price for a horse that can still improve. He may not win but he’s no 50/1 shot and I think he could sneak a place.

Edit: forgot there’s only 7 runners, big ask to finish top 2 but I think he’ll run well all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Forgot to say, myself and 3 friends won't be coming back for the Dublin racing festival on that basis and that was with prepaid tickets, where the course had been too customer friendly by "allowing people to collect tickets at the gate".

How about a qr code that works on the phone?

A total contrast to how we enjoyed punchestown festival and the access to and from the course, which gets a mention every time we visit the non festival Cheltenham meetings and queue in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

Motivator wrote:
    Edit: forgot there’s only 7 runners, big ask to finish top 2 but I think he’ll run well all the same

Saw Early Doors tipped elsewhere but 2 places put me off, sure a small ew for the craic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Looking forward to seeing Redhotfilypeppers in the next in Limerick, good to see a good pro on board. Looks to have plenty of class, could make a mokery of shortish odds

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Shemale wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Redhotfilypeppers in the next in Limerick, good to see a good pro on board. Looks to have plenty of class, could make a mokery of shortish odds

Ran v well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Ran v well

Always looked classy enough, jumped fairly well for debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Did Rachel Blackmore get pulled in over that ride? They went a bit overboard on the RTÉ coverage defending her so I assume she must have got pulled on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭crossman47

I don't follow racing to any great extent but does Ruby have an inordinate number of falls at the last fence? Bacardys today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ready4liftoff

Ruby Walsh and the final obstacle curse strikes once again at Leopardstown!

Advertisement