Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes Not Paying Out

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

It's literally what you are saying though! I have no love for LB and would never use them but it's their house and their rules. Lesson learned is to never use them again.

If you say so pal I honestly don’t care enough to get into a long debate about it, I just think he’s every right to try and get his stake back especially considering nearly all other bookies either paid out or refunded.

Totally agree with the he should learn his lesson about ladbrokes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

No bookie will pay out if jockey weighs in light unless you manage to get paid out before the stewards enquiry gets called, not sure if this thread is serious or not

• Registered Users Posts: 25,468 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    If you say so pal I honestly don’t care enough to get into a long debate about it, I just think he’s every right to try and get his stake back especially considering nearly all other bookies either paid out or refunded.

Believe it or not i do agree with you on this, it's the sense of entitlement that has come across because they have said no that pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Morgans

I just think he’s every right to try and get his stake back especially considering nearly all other bookies either paid out or refunded.

You have absolutely no proof of this statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I am not sure what you mean here? Noone is saying he can't try! It is a free world but try as he might, it is a complete waste of his time and unfair to harass innocent shop staff about it like some posters are on the verge of suggesting.
    SOME other bookies just do these things on the odd race as a non costly (relatively speaking) publicity thing, keep customers happy (PP are the most customer interactive bookmakers).
    The horses that "won" and came "second" past the post were both relative outsiders in a big field for a small evening race so it wasn't going to be a huge hit on PP to pay out. If that was a short favourite and second favourite in a 5/6 horse race in Leopardstown this Christmas, then things would be very different and it is 99% unlikely even PP would have paid out on both. It would have been too much of a financial hit.

Ladbrokes just aren't as customer friendly but still a very popular brand, both retail and online so they arent going to lose any sleep in Ladbroke Headquarters if punters like a few on here are damning them for just playing by their own rules, rules which all bookies have, but rules that some bookies like PP often break to the benefit of their customers.

Only a few bookies gave free bet/refund stake. AFAIK only PP paid out on both. (EDIT: And Skybet)

• Advertisement

Would be interested to know which bookies paid out or refunded myself, not something I have ever seen happen for cases of weighing in light in all my years

Would be interested to know which bookies paid out or refunded myself, not something I have ever seen happen for cases of weighing in light in all my years

FOR THIS RACE (ie not all races are the same when things like this happen) PP and Skybet paid out,

FOR THIS RACE (ie not all races are the same when things like this happen) PP and Skybet paid out,
    Ta, shows how bad justice refund culture has got if they are paying out on these, only serves to create a sense of entitlement from punters. Makes perfect sense from the firm's POV as keeps customer happy and money will be coming back quick enough anyway.

"Justice" or "loyalty" refunds only really came into play when social media and online betting became so big and took over the betting scene as bookies fought for publicity. Before that these conversations wouldn't happen as comparisons with other bookies weren't available at first hand.

There is only a handful of references on twitter about this incident which emphasises that it wasn't a huge deal at all and wasn't worth the bother and Ladbrokes wren't going to be better or worse off for the publicity surrounding paying out or refunding Winkleman!

This is probably the only discussion forum thread anywhere that has ammassed 100 posts referencing this particular race/incident!

It is not a big deal at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Ta, shows how bad justice refund culture has got if they are paying out on these, only serves to create a sense of entitlement from punters. Makes perfect sense from the firm's POV as keeps customer happy and money will be coming back quick enough anyway.

this is the problem with companies doing things as a gesture of good will. customers grow to think they are entitled to it and that its the proper thing to happen. just like dunnes refunding clothes bought the wrong size. people start to think they they have the right to demand it when they have no right to be refunded.

ladbrooks did nothing wrong here and are the real victims of this situation.

• Advertisement

#JusticeForLadbrokes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,468 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

#JusticeForLadbrokes

#metoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I remember a bloke going into a bookies claiming a win on a standard 90 mins acca, because one team (who let him down) conceded a goal in the 3rd minute of stoppage, but the result was right when 90 Mins was on the clock.

Happy4all wrote: »
    I remember a bloke going into a bookies claiming a win on a standard 90 mins acca, because one team (who let him down) conceded a goal in the 3rd minute of stoppage, but the result was right when 90 Mins was on the clock.

To be honest I’ve seen that myself on more than one occasion, you do have to worry about some people. I actually saw one lad in a paddy power shop the other day arguing over he had 18/1 on Salah to score anytime in the Liverpool Newcastle game on Stephens Day and he was convinced he was right. I do feel sorry for betting shop staff they put up with all sorts of idiots

To be honest I’ve seen that myself on more than one occasion, you do have to worry about some people. I actually saw one lad in a paddy power shop the other day arguing over he had 18/1 on Salah to score anytime in the Liverpool Newcastle game on Stephens Day and he was convinced he was right. I do feel sorry for betting shop staff they put up with all sorts of idiots

I think that 18/1 was Salah to score, Liverpool to win and both teams to score BOTH halves!

And that was a special! Ha!

AFAIK Salah does be at the most 2/1 to score in any game, but any team outside the "top 5" other teams and he is odds on at this stage!

I think that 18/1 was Salah to score, Liverpool to win and both teams to score BOTH halves!

And that was a special! Ha!

AFAIK Salah does be at the most 2/1 to score in any game, but any team outside the "top 5" other teams and he is odds on at this stage!

That’s it Salah scored 40 odd goals last season and has been banging them in lately and you have someone thinking he’s 18/1 to score anytime against an awful Newcastle side. Like instead of arguing would he not sit down and have a word with himself that if Salah is 18/1 that means if Liverpool played Newcastle 19 times Salah would only have to score once in those 19 games and he’d break even.

I actually regret now not giving him a little slap for stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

All footie bets are normal time only whether that is 90, 91, 98 mins etc.
    It's the usual chancers trying to get paid especially when they see young staff working who mightn't know the difference,

What really annoys me is when online companies, doing BIR updates and they put 46 mins as the time of the game when it's actually 45+1.
    2nd half starts at 46 so anything still in 1st half should always be 45+ x.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Presumedly it was a while after the race before the weight difference was noticed hence OP's friends got paid out. What happens with online accounts in this scenario? Presumedly they would have already paid out before the weigh in? Would they take the money back? What if you'd already withdrawn the funds from your account? Likewise if you had bet on the exchanges?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Presumedly it was a while after the race before the weight difference was noticed hence OP's friends got paid out. What happens with online accounts in this scenario? Presumedly they would have already paid out before the weigh in? Would they take the money back? What if you'd already withdrawn the funds from your account? Likewise if you had bet on the exchanges?

Your account would go to minus whatever your winnings were if they didn’t manage to reverse the withdrawal.

lemush wrote: »
    Your account would go to minus whatever your winnings were if they didn’t manage to reverse the withdrawal.
    If you put the balance on another bet (ideally 1/100 or something shorter) then there's nothing they can do fwiw

• Advertisement
Advertisement