Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes Not Paying Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

yep have to agree with you..there have been some insulting comments. completely unescessary.

as it stands im already over it..the only outcome from this whole charade is to steer clear of ladbrokes.

happy christmas lads..good luck with the racing stephens day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Nozebleed wrote: »
    yep have to agree with you..there have been some insulting comments. completely unescessary.

as it stands im already over it..the only outcome from this whole charade is to steer clear of ladbrokes.

I would say the rest would be the same. I have more sympathy to the person who got paid on an each way bet for someone who rocked up hours later and got more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Just to clarify though, you weren't cheated out of your money. The horse wouldn't have on but for the incident. I am saying this so as you have a positive mentality about it. It is unfortunate you didn't get your ass into the bookies until after the disqualification as you would have (like your mates ere able to) cheat the bookies (something I have no problem with, especially Ladcrookes who have zero customer loyalty)

So you are better off acknowledging it as a bet that lost than a win you were cheated out of. Just be happy a few of your mates ere able to get a few quid out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Just to clarify though, you weren't cheated out of your money. The horse wouldn't have on but for the incident. I am saying this so as you have a positive mentality about it. It is unfortunate you didn't get your ass into the bookies until after the disqualification as you would have (like your mates ere able to) cheat the bookies (something I have no problem with, especially Ladcrookes who have zero customer loyalty)

So you are better off acknowledging it as a bet that lost than a win you were cheated out of. Just be happy a few of your mates ere able to get a few quid out of it

I say that is the bit that has got him most p****ed. They got money and I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

as it stands im already over it..the only outcome from this whole charade is to steer clear of ladbrokes

Ladbrokes didn’t actually do anything wrong here but you are entitled to take your business wherever you please

• Advertisement

I would say the rest would be the same. I have more sympathy to the person who got paid on an each way bet for someone who rocked up hours later and got more money.

If you had backed the second (the eventual winner) and got paid out as a place on an e/w,all you have to do is go into the shop, write out your docket again (as it was written out similarly) and they will trace a record of it and the payout, and pay you out the remainder of your winnings. They might have to contact the head office for official permission but a bookie really shouldn't be paying out until after the weigh in anyway if they want to pay out on official result so you have a perfect case , they generally just pay out FPTP but waiting that long is not accomodating/convenient for either bookie or punter so they pay out beforehand (on course FPTP result) generally. A disqualification happens not even once in a blue moon so it is not something that would dissuade bookies doing.

I think it is similar situation to when you lose your docket in a shop. Most shops are accomodating this way, Ladbrokes even.

I would be surprised if PP didn't pay out as the horse was not heavily backed so paying out would seem like a nice touch but really it is a drop in the ocean hit to them. But Ladbrokes just don't have that affiliation with their customers that PP would have so they couldn't give a sh*te about positive publicity

[/B]

I say that is the bit that has got him most p****ed. They got money and I didn't.

Well if they good mates they would buy you a pity pint at least.............................................................

And then laugh at your bad fortune or/and boast their jammines :D:D

That's what me and my mates would do! We certainly wouldn't have the mentality that we were cheated out of our money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Just take your custom elsewhere.

You can be sure PP would have offered something as goodwill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Kevin Blake has often discussed the impact of so called "Justice Refunds"

This thread is an excellent example. Look most off course bookies are scum. However in this case Ladbrokes have done absolutely nothing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

A good few years , I presented a winning docket to an oncourse Bookmaker immediately after the last race at Ltown . He paid me . On the way home , I heard on the radio that the winner had been demoted to second place after a SE . They were obviously late calling it . Next week , Naas I think , I handed the winnings back to the Bookmaker just before the start of racing . He called , at the top of his voice , to the other Bookies , " An honest Punter lads ". I got a big cheer and a round of applause !!! . Made me feel better when he gave me back my stake money as well . Lets finish this thread on that happy note . Good Punting to you all .

• Advertisement

mountai wrote: »
    A good few years , I presented a winning docket to an oncourse Bookmaker immediately after the last race at Ltown . He paid me . On the way home , I heard on the radio that the winner had been demoted to second place after a SE . They were obviously late calling it . Next week , Naas I think , I handed the winnings back to the Bookmaker just before the start of racing . He called , at the top of his voice , to the other Bookies , " An honest Punter lads ". I got a big cheer and a round of applause !!! . Made me feel better when he gave me back my stake money as well . Lets finish this thread on that happy note . Good Punting to you all .

Didn't happen.

At least I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I'm not really into Ladbrokes myself. Went into a shop to collect 500 and they didn't have it. Yet Powers were able to pay me out 6000 3000 3000 1500 this year straight away. If you pay by card in Ladbrokes and win it takes days for the winnings to go back on your card.

Not for me I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,453 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Thread needs to go away already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

mountai wrote: »

I think I backed the same horse myself, it was called '**** never happened'-came in 1/1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

ebbsy wrote: »
    I'm not really into Ladbrokes myself. Went into a shop to collect 500 and they didn't have it. Yet Powers were able to pay me out 6000 3000 3000 1500 this year straight away. If you pay by card in Ladbrokes and win it takes days for the winnings to go back on your card.

Not for me I'm afraid.

Game by the bollox...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Not for me I'm afraid.

Excellent

I was going to suggest that this thread be closed as the OP has found the info they were looking for.....however...... It has brought some gems out of the woodwork that have really made me smile.

Leave it open...Let the magic of Christmas happen.....let them out themselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Not for me I'm afraid.

That's strange. Ladbrokes were able to pay me out €47,365 in cash no problem. Most of it was in fivers though but they gave me a big envelope.
    It was actually €47,367.32 but I let them keep the €2.32 as a tip. The cashier was very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Close down this crap thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Andrew00 wrote: »

No

• Advertisement

If you close your eyes you can pretend it's not there. Better still just don't open the forum, never mind commenting on it and bumping it up..........

I always love the "close the thread" comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Not for me I'm afraid.

Walter Mitty is alive and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Walter Mitty is alive and well.

Jockey fell off my horse with the race at his mercy. I feel cheated and Ladbrokes won't give me my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Happy4all wrote:
    Jockey fell off my horse with the race at his mercy. I feel cheated and Ladbrokes won't give me my money back.

I remember listening to the Gold Cup in 2012 on Radio One. Derek Mooney backed Kauto Star but clearly had no idea about racing. Anyway Kauto was pulled up and the bauld Derek went on a rant looking for his money back because the horse didn't get a 'fair shot' as he was pulled up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I remember listening to the Gold Cup in 2012 on Radio One. Derek Mooney backed Kauto Star but clearly had no idea about racing. Anyway Kauto was pulled up and the bauld Derek went on a rant looking for his money back because the horse didn't get a 'fair shot' as he was pulled up!

I love when this happens. Absolute morons talking ****e before the race thinking that they know everything and then get roasted and start crying like lil bitches. It's not often I'd side with a bookie but in Mooney's case I'm delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

That is the jockeys fault, not the bookies

And how is that a punters fault? So you think it’s ok for an unknowing punter to back a horse with zero chance of being paid out no matter what happened?

Your right ladrokes have done nothing wrong but it’s not unreasonable for him to try get his stake back.

Why don’t you just not reply to it instead?? I never understand comments like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,468 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    And how is that a punters fault? So you think it’s ok for an unknowing punter to back a horse with zero chance of being paid out no matter what happened?

He did have a chance! The horse started with the correct weight, the weights fell off, the horse finished (like a rocket) because it was now 2 stone lighter. Jockey weighed in underweight and was disqualified.

Jesus lads it's not rocket science!

I wonder would you be saying the same if a 500/1 shot got beat in a 2 horse race against a 1/100 shot? I mean c'mon the 500/1 shot never really stood a chance right so the punter should get his/her money back. :rolleyes:

He did have a chance! The horse started with the correct weight, the weights fell off, the horse finished (like a rocket) because it was now 2 stone lighter. Jockey weighed in underweight and was disqualified.

Jesus lads it's not rocket science!

I wonder would you be saying the same if a 500/1 shot got beat in a 2 horse race against a 1/100 shot? I mean c'mon the 500/1 shot never really stood a chance right so the punter should get his/her money back. :rolleyes:

You’re missing the point, nobody is complaining about the horse not being a winner or nobody is saying ladbrokes done wrong. But the way things panned out this lad couldn’t win either way. It’s not unreasonable at all especially after the horse finished FPTP for someone to look for his stake back as the majority of bookies would oblige you with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,468 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    You’re missing the point, nobody is complaining about the horse not being a winner or nobody is saying ladbrokes done wrong. But the way things panned out this lad couldn’t win either way. It’s not unreasonable at all especially after the horse finished FPTP for someone to look for his stake back as the majority of bookies would oblige you with this.

It's literally what you are saying though! I have no love for LB and would never use them but it's their house and their rules. Lesson learned is to never use them again.

Advertisement