Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes Not Paying Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

The horse lost a weight about 1f into the race, so when the race started the bet could have been a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Nozebleed wrote: »
    lads thanks for all the comments..i appreciate the feedback.

its obvious to me that ive been cheated of my money..who exactly has cheated me of my money is another question. imo ladbrokes should acknowledge that by returning my stake which i was placing with them in good faith.

Yöu haven't been cheated. Them the rules. Your mates got lucky getting paid on FFP rule prior to disqualification which over rules that.

Having said that, ladbrokes are the worst by a mile and I avoid like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That horse wouldn't have won if the saddle cloth hadn't slipped. He looked freakishly too comfortable on the run in.Don't feel over done out of money. If the bookies don't pay out, disputing it will make f all difference here, especially with Ladbrokes, Bet365 etc.

Saying you have been cheated out of money is the worst mentality to have in gambling. You aren't putting money in the bank here when you throw a score at Geraldine behind the counter and get a piece of paper back. You stake your money with terms and conditions. One of the main conditions is that the horse actually wins...........

The horse didn't win

Love the clowns on this forum whose only contribution is to give pretentious answers as though they wouldn’t feel aggrieved themselves.

There is a difference between feeling aggrieved/disappointed that you chose the wrong bookie to lose your bet with this time than feeling "cheated out of my money"........

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Love the clowns on this forum whose only contribution is to give pretentious answers as though they wouldn’t feel aggrieved themselves.

+1 if they had paid out the first couple of lads you’d imagine they would have honoured it as a gesture of good will!
    Walk up and down outside the shop with a placard starting your case at lunchtime today and I’d say they might be more accommodating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I saw a bookies get smashed up for **** like this

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Because he backed a horse that had zero chance of winning even if it was first past the post. Thats not a fair bet. No punter had any knowledge the jockey was going to weigh in over 2 stone lighter. He should be given his stake back imo.

The horse had as much chance as any (relatively speaking) when the race started. Jockey and horse were abiding by the rules then and punters knew this. The saddle only slipped during the race.

All sports have rules to determine winners.

It would be great to get a free bet back, but to EXPECT the bookies to be obliged to hand you back cash and say "listen you didn't know your horse/jockey was going to break the rules so it's not your fault" is laughable attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

lemush wrote: »
    Absolute bollox. The bet is a loser and righty so.

Your a clown would you say the same if you had a tonne on it my bollock$ would you.

pugw wrote: »
    +1 if they had paid out the first couple of lads you’d imagine they would have honoured it as a gesture of good will!
    Walk up and down outside the shop with a placard starting your case at lunchtime today and I’d say they might be more accommodating.

I am sure they will :D:D:D:D:D

F*cking hell!

You do realise the guys behind the counter have zero control over this in a firm like Ladbrokes. You would look like a pathetic eegit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Morgans

Anyone suggesting that the OP has a leg to stand on hasn't got a clue what they are taking about.

Bookies paying out both in fptp and official results is relatively new. Even with the most liberal bookies (and Ladbrokes are the worst) you would not have a double result for the wrong weight being carried. Imagine how open to abuse that would be.

Thinking that you were cheated by the bookies or the jockey is ludicrous and those suggesting to appeal or object to the bookies licence renewal are doing you no favours.

The only people effectively cheated in this story is the bookies.

• Advertisement

Your a clown would you say the same if you had a tonne on it my bollock$ would you.

Doing no favours to the OP. Doesn't matter how much he had on. Everyone likes to win when they place bets. He would have more chance getting his friends to chip in and give him his stake back.

Question, did you see the race? The horse clearly ONLY won because the rules were broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

The horse had as much chance as any (relatively speaking) when the race started. Jockey and horse were abiding by the rules then and punters knew this. The saddle only slipped during the race.

All sports have rules to determine winners.

It would be great to get a free bet back, but to EXPECT the bookies to be obliged to hand you back cash and say "listen you didn't know your horse/jockey was going to break the rules so it's not your fault" is laughable attitude

The jockey was hardly abiding by the rules he weighed in two stone light. So I understand where the op is coming from feeling cheated.

Question, did you see the race? The horse clearly ONLY won because the rules were broken?

Im not disputing the rules were broken. But this was neither the punters fault nor the bookies. So why should the punter be out of pocket and the bookie be up due to a freak accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

How has this clearly losing bet resulted in 4 pages of comments? Fecking hell.

Im not disputing the rules were broken. But this was neither the punters fault nor the bookies. So why should the punter be out of pocket and the bookie be up due to a freak accident?

Like a horse being spooked and falling at the last when 10 lengths ahead........... that is freakish also.

You are betting on the horse winning. Winning means abiding by the rules, same as all sports.

It really is that simple

Like a horse being spooked and falling at the last when 10 lengths ahead........... that is freakish also.

You are betting on the horse winning. Winning means abiding by the rules, same as all sports.

It really is that simple

Ah come on will you. Theres falling and theres weighing in 31lbs lower. My point is he has placed a bet that he has ZERO chance of getting a return on going by the rules. How is that fair?

ASOT wrote: »
    The jockey was hardly abiding by the rules he weighed in two stone light. So I understand where the op is coming from feeling cheated.

You don't even kno the details of hat happened here so I am not sure you should be commenting!

The jockey was abiding by the rules, everything was perfect until about a furlong from the start when the weight cloth accidentally slipped (horse now at this point disqualified - rest of the race void)
    If the horse had came second it would have been disqualified also.

The horse only hosed in because it was not handicapped fairly.

Put it this way, what if you ere on a 2/1 favourite and that horse lost by a length to this horse because of the fact that horse unfairly won?

Would you settle that as a loser?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Are Ladbrokes going to persue the punters who collected on this horse in the 20mins before it was disqualified ?
    I wouldn't think so ...
    My local shop pays "Double Result" - 1st past the post and official result.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Anyone with the slightest clue about the rules wouldn’t be aggrieved. It’s the people who part with their cash whilst clearly knowing **** all about the game that are the clowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

You don't even kno the details of hat happened here so I am not sure you should be commenting!

The jockey was abiding by the rules, everything was perfect until about a furlong from the start when the weight cloth accidentally slipped (horse now at this point disqualified - rest of the race void)
    If the horse had came second it would have been disqualified also.

The horse only hosed in because it was not handicapped fairly.

Put it this way, what if you ere on a 2/1 favourite and that horse lost by a length to this horse because of the fact that horse unfairly won?

Would you settle that as a loser?

I know exactly what happened I watched the race, the sadle cloth slipping surely had an impact but so did the fact the jockey weighed in 31lbs lighter. So I'm not sure how you think he was abiding by the rules.

Are Ladbrokes going to persue the punters who collected on this horse in the 20mins before it was disqualified ?
    I wouldn't think so ...
    My local shop pays "Double Result" - 1st past the post and official result.

Not for weighing in light they don't. Or for taking the wrong course. These are basics. For stewards enquiries into interference, yes.

I know exactly what happened I watched the race, the sadle cloth slipping surely had an impact but so did the fact the jockey weighed in 31lbs lighter. So I'm not sure how you think he was abiding by the rules.

The 31lbs was the saddle/weight cloth. Jockey could have stopped, slotted back in the lead, and realigned it during the race, but the chances are he wouldn't have caught the others. The idea that the jockey decided to go out 31lbs on purpose is again ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,882 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Went and read the Ladbrokes rules regarding first pass the post and they have it there that if a selection carries the wrong weight they won't pay out.
    I'm no fan of Ladbrokes, haven't used them in over ten years, but they have this covered in their rules to be fair.

Morgans wrote: »
    The 31lbs was the saddle/weight cloth. Jockey could have stopped, slotted back in the lead, and realigned it during the race, but the chances are he wouldn't have caught the others. The idea that the jockey decided to go out 31lbs on purpose is again ludicrous.

The weight that the horse carries is the jockey+lead+saddle. If you lose the lead during the race (it happens, not attached securely, horse sweating can cause it) you will weigh in light and be disqualified. 99.9% of the time it is not done on purpose

:D

Christ.

The "jockey" weighed in underweight because of the saddle.

It was the lack of lead in her hands in the weigh in that was out in the middle of the racecourse at this stage that meant "she" weighed in lighter.

So you clearly do not know what happened here.

For simple understanding here is a photo......... sometimes words don't help.

pdwm.php?i=2685047&s=30455&p=8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

The rider never had a winner before. Of course the only reason the horse won was due to it losing it weight cloth. Its unusual for it to happen on the flat in the UK or Ireland.

There are not many reasons you would not paid FPP. This just happens to be one of them.

Had the female jockey won the race having knocked out two of her opponents, veered across the track and attacked a member of the crowd on her way back through the parade area, you'd still get paid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    How has this clearly losing bet resulted in 4 pages of comments? Fecking hell.

But it’s attracted a whole host of lurkers to post , not a bad thing , need more posters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

lads if i set up a go fund me account would you guys do the right thing and have a whip round for me and get me back my stake at least. thanks ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    But it’s attracted a whole host of lurkers to post , not a bad thing , need more posters :)

Well for me it was an entertaining distraction from being dragged around a crowded shopping centre. It is not good that there are so many uninformed posters so confident and eager to insult.

Hope the OP gets over it. If its the most unlucky thing that happens when punting, he'll be alright

Advertisement