Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King George/Stephens Day 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Why did Barry have him in front so early.

Think he panicked after the mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Shemale wrote: »
    Thought Nico gave up way too early given Santini would get home and the front too putting in sketchy jumps near the end.

He was too soft on him. Look how much ground he made up and he wasn't even trying.

A more galloping track, extra few furlongs, and hopefully a more aggressive ride... Without doubt he beats all that lot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Slattsy wrote: »
    He was too soft on him. Look how much ground he made up and he wasn't even trying.

A more galloping track, extra few furlongs, and hopefully a more aggressive ride... Without doubt he beats all that lot again.

He’s got a few from Ireland to face down..

BumperD wrote: »
    He’s got a few from Ireland to face down..

I said he beats that lot again!

Next Destination the danger. He's yet to run though, hardly ideal. Can't have Delta Work.

I said he beats that lot again!

Next Destination the danger. He's yet to run though, hardly ideal. Can't have Delta Work.

Blow by Blow for me

• Advertisement

Blow by Blow for me

I've backed him, and really fancy him for the 4 miler!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Some race this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

mdwexford wrote: »
    Why did Barry have him in front so early.

Think he panicked after the mistake.

Thought that too, he could have cruised passed the horse in front of him.

Looked a complete mess when Nico was laying down the challenge showing the whip and his other hand looked like it was at a rodeo.

Long way to go but Thistlecrack needs to go back over hurdles!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Bristol De Mai needs to be breathalysed after that, bizarre from the start

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

What a horse Thistlecrack is, monster.

Balls anyway, thought I had that there for a while. Should have went e/w but happy i called the Haydock race right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gringo180 wrote: »
    The young improving Clan Des Obeaux has a big shout in this too. 16/1 is surely worth an each way play. Travelled beautifully in the BetFair when ran out of steam approaching the 2nd last but stayed on admirabley into 4th. Im going to take a chance on him needing the run.

:cool:

:cool:

Nice one lad!

Balls anyway, thought I had that there for a while. Should have went e/w but happy i called the Haydock race right.

Haydock form franked :)

The young improving Clan Des Obeaux has a big shout in this too. 16/1 is surely worth an each way play. Travelled beautifully in the BetFair when ran out of steam approaching the 2nd last but stayed on admirabley into 4th. Im going to take a chance on him needing the run.

Nice one Gringo

Was on Thistlecrack myself. Full sure I had it turning in

That Gringo lad is an awful bollox!

Liverpool are winning though :D

I'm gonna take on the hype horse Fury Road here and go for Mullins' thing.

Is mite bight done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Is mite bight done

I would think the Gold Cup has left it’s mark on him. Hard races at Cheltenham can ruin horses and that Gold Cup battle between him and Native River may have taken more out of him than first thought. He emptied very very quickly today.

He looks goosed which is a real pity. I like many I suspect were cheering on thistlecrack towards the end. Great to see Paul Nicholls back on the top stage

Henderson said he bled...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Could not lay Mite Bite enough but Kachy 4/7 in a conditions race [WOW]was staggering beyond belief should have been 1/6.Pat Kelly is laughing big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Already mentioned in the thread I'm on Fury Road 5/2 & Native River ew at 6/1 (going to back to place too as Gringo suggested)

Rest of the bets for they day:
    12.10 Leopardstown - Vision D'Honneur 2/1 win
    12.40 Market Rason - Imperial Knight 7/1 each way
    12.50 Kempton - Thomas Darby 11/4 win
    1.00 Down Royal - Stand Up and Fight 11/8 win
    3.30 Leopardstown - Exit Poll 13/8 to place
    3.45 Limerick - Larquebuse 6/4 win

Jaysis not a good day.... money back on Native River.

Stand Up and Fight romped.... Exit Poll wins at 14/1 but stupid Gavin backs it to place..... :rolleyes:

Roll on tomorrow!

antietam wrote: »
    Could not lay Mite Bite enough but Kachy 4/7 in a conditions race [WOW]was staggering beyond belief should have been 1/6.Pat Kelly is laughing big time.

A 1 month holiday and that’s your first contribution really? 1/100 you’ll get another ban before the season is out Sting, lump on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

antietam wrote: »

3.05PM Today Kempton

Interesting one this. Bought out of Mill Road Farm by Richard Rohan (Irish horse racing steward) and bloodstock agent for 48 grand.

Unbeaten so far over fences for Harry Fry.

All the professionals will be all over this today. Best price right now is 10/3. Got 50/1 last night

Just A Sting 10/3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

What to do with thistlecrack now? He would win the stayers hurdle lapping the field but hard to blame connections if they want one good go at the GC. He was the one to take from the KG for me. 2019 GC is wide open. Percy tomorrow will be intriguing

Advertisement