Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King George/Stephens Day 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

I'm giving Thistlecrack one last chance. Will split my bet with Bristol too. I fancy Bague Au Roi  for the Kauto Star.

In Lepordstown I've done coco beach in the juvenile won well in France and could be one to watch going forward.

Also have Bel Aml Sivola done.

Getabird, Didtheyleaveyououttoo, and Bouvir D'air in a treble too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

100% - 6/1 is insane odds imo! Will be playing it safe and going each way at them odds!

11/8 to place. Buying money son

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Don't believe he's a "Haydock" horse?

Fragile that’s all. We all thought he was a heavy ground horse too before his last run so I’m willing to take a punt he’s just hard to keep right , this being his 2nd run, hopefully he’s still ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Thought I'd pop the head in to wish everyone a Happy Christmas! All is well with me and will try post more in the New Year!

Huge, huge fan of Waiting Patiently in the King George and think he'll take the step up to 3m in his stride. Think he'll drift out to about 6/1 at one point tomorrow given the less fashionable trainer and although its not a lump bet for me certainly will be a backer (against two horses I really like in Native River & Might Bite)

Handicaps have always been where I've made my dough and 3.20 Wetherby Lester Kris 12/1 looks really interesting to me on handicap debut. Running for the in form Micky Hammond yard, it's very interesting to see Joe Colliver dash from riding an odds on shot at Sedgefield at 1.30 to make the last here when surely he could have picked up a ride at Sedgefield with this trainer having other runners there (most shorter prices). Lester Kris very much caught the eye on his stable debut at Catterick last month under this pilot when he didn't look too knocked about in 3rd and with the from looking decent I think his opening mark underestimates him. Micky Hammond like a winner on Stephens Day and had 2 on the card at Wetherby last year and I think this one should hopefully land the spoils.

Caraline 6/1 bolted in in the same 1.35 Wetherby contest last year off a stone lower mark and I think she's been aimed at this race again. Despite being pulled up on her reappearance, she had a similar run on her return last year when tailed off and I think she should be spot on for this. She's only 4lb below the mark she signed off with victory last season and hopefully Micky can repeat his feat of achieving a double on the cards with these two this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭mengele

Any trainers horses in really good form at the moment? Ones to stay away from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Lads, Waiting Patiently races in his sleep so would be absolutely amazed if he doesn't stay a soft 3m.

If he doesn't win it'll be because he's not good enough but I've rarely been as confident in how a race will pan out - Native River pushes pace, Mite Bite tracks, Waiting Patiently is produced at the last, with rest not good enough.

We're going to see a star tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Welcome back Rossom.

King George. If there is a young pretender that is set to dominate over the next few years, it may be Waiting Patiently and his connections clearly have been very patient with the limited runs this horse has made in recent years. Still think he may have to wait til next year. Why is Native River such a massive price ? There are so many questions against the rest.

For me its Native River, Waiting Patiently, Politologue in the first three.

Thought it interesting that Ruby is going to Limerick with Townend at Leop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

STB. wrote: »
    Thought it interesting that Ruby is going to Limerick with Townend at Leop.

Ruby is going where the winners are. Willie’s horses won’t like the ground in Leopardstown. Ruby would go anywhere for a winner and he’ll get one in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ready4liftoff

Latest conditions at Leopardstown suggest it is Good to Yielding on the hurdle track and Good on the chase course.

Will officials at the Foxrock venue start watering the track? I know watering on racecourses in the winter is virtually unheard off. But if they leave the ground as it is, there will definitely be some firm in the going description come tomorrow!

My best bet of the day is - Wait for me who runs in the 1:25 in Wincanton. Had recent wind surgery and will like the going for this once class horse, who is well handicapped if he returns to his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Wincanton 2:35

Dicosimo ran well last time in a much better race than this, after being too free early one. Some of his past form is easily good enough here and i fancy him to never see another horse. 16/1 is certainly value

1 Point win 16/1 hill/vc 14/1 gen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

1:20 Kempton
    @sevenbarrows doesn't have too many 122 rated horses and I wondered why. His first race over jumps was a shambles and i think with a normal passage here that rating could be made to look silly.
    2 Points win 7/1 Generally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

aidankkk wrote: »
    @sevenbarrows doesn't have too many 122 rated horses and I wondered why. His first race over jumps was a shambles and i think with a normal passage here that rating could be made to look silly.

When copying and pasting try and remember to include the name of the horse 😂

aidankkk wrote: »
    Turtle Wars@sevenbarrows doesn't have too many 122 rated horses and I wondered why. His first race over jumps was a shambles and i think with a normal passage here that rating could be made to look silly.

Fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Emerald Rose 12/1 2.20 M Rasen EW

3rd in this race last year. 5lbs higher today but only the 3 runs since last year's race and ran a cracker fto this campaign which should put him bang on for today

GL today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Already mentioned in the thread I'm on Fury Road 5/2 & Native Road ew at 6/1 (going to back to place too as Gringo suggested)

Rest of the bets for they day:
    12.10 Leopardstown - Vision D'Honneur 2/1 win
    12.40 Market Rason - Imperial Knight 7/1 each way
    12.50 Kempton - Thomas Darby 11/4 win
    1.00 Down Royal - Stand Up and Fight 11/8 win
    3.30 Leopardstown - Exit Poll 13/8 to place
    3.45 Limerick - Larquebuse 6/4 win

The Big Bite for me here in Kempton

Mr Fisher impressive

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Coure Sublime was going to win that before falling at the last. Devastated. Hope horse and jockey are ok most importantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Serious guts from the mare in Kempton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

The conspiracy theorists will have enjoyed that one from Ruby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭droidman123

Serious guts from the mare in Kempton

Johnson deserves a lot of credit too,brilliant ride

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Santini still wins the RSA. Jock kept taking the horse off his rhythm. Few extra furlongs and possibly softer ground will suit more. Kempton was never going to suit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Money for Ellie Mac in the next, steaming in since last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Le Richebourg... WOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Woops

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

You were told he is no superstar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Few fingers burned there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Jay's. BD beaten on the line it looks like.

Made a shocking error at the 3rd last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Oh dear, oh dear. Some big bets gone south there I'd say. The mistake probably didn't help but shouldn't have lost that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Slattsy wrote: »
    Santini still wins the RSA. Jock kept taking the horse off his rhythm. Few extra furlongs and possibly softer ground will suit more. Kempton was never going to suit him.

Thought Nico gave up way too early given Santini would get home and the front too putting in sketchy jumps near the end.

Advertisement