Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King George/Stephens Day 2018

Options
  • 21-12-2018 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

As there’s no dedicated King George thread I thought I’d set this one up..

Might Bite - 5/2
    Politologue - 5/1
    Waiting Patiently - 9/2
    Bristol De Mai - 6/1
    Thistlecrack - 6/1
    Native River - 7/1
    Clan Des Obeaux - 16/1

33/1 bar

Some field, have spent all week looking at it and still can’t pick one that I’m sure of, although starting to edge towards Thistlecrack e/w

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Have mad my feelings known towards Thistlecrack in other threads. But looking again now with the field and prices laid out in front of me I have to say it is total lunacy backing Thistlecrack ahead of Native River. In fact Native River represents the only value in that race currently.

15/2 with Skybet now. How likely is he to go do people think? Or should I take the hit on a lower price when someone goes NRNB?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

FatRat wrote: »
    Have mad my feelings known towards Thistlecrack in other threads. But looking again now with the field and prices laid out in front of me I have to say it is total lunacy backing Thistlecrack ahead of Native River. In fact Native River represents the only value in that race currently.

15/2 with Skybet now. How likely is he to go do people think? Or should I take the hit on a lower price when someone goes NRNB?

You’d imagine If he was going to run here he’d be 7/2? 15/2 is a crazy price the bookies must know something we dont

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Owner is pretty bullish on him in latest article. Seems like he'll go. Perhaps chances of fast ground playing a part. I think I'll take the 15/2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Will probably be on the Native River train - excellent Gold Cup win and nothing was going to beat the Haydock master Bristol De Mai in the Betfair Chase. On that note, was anything said about Might Bite after the Betfair Chase and him being pulled up? Never got going at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Native river will almost definitely not be suited to a sharp track like kempton , can see him first off the bridle with a mile to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Anyone else notice PP had thistlecrack NR yesterday and out of the betting but he is back in now.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Will put money on Thistlecrack for sentimental values and will probably bawl my eyes out if he wins. Price is poorish though. However Politologue at 5/1 is shocking I feel, does he even stay? Same with Waiting Patiently to a lesser extent. Watch them 1 and 2 it with Double Shuffle 3rd!

To be fair there are question marks over nearly every horse, which makes it a great race. Hopefully they all line up, seeing Coneygree, Native River and BDM setting a frantic pace at the front will be some sight with the lads behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Double shuffle ran a cracker in this last year so at 40-1 he'll do for me ew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

When Min is pulled from Footpads race on the Thurs @Leop he'll go 4/6 - 4/7 think Footpad is a max bet myself at 5/4 11/10

Fury Road out in the last at Leop! Looking forward to see him - up against a Mullins French import mind you.

Fury Road out in the last at Leop! Looking forward to see him - up against a Mullins French import mind you.

Have you heard much about fury road ?

akelly02 wrote: »
    Have you heard much about fury road ?

Supposedly is up there as good as Malone Road and Envoi Allen!

Its being bursted out of it in the betting. Opened 5-1 with 365 and into 7-4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

TheTorment wrote: »
    Its being bursted out of it in the betting. Opened 5-1 with 365 and into 7-4 now

It’s been tipped up and mentioned everywhere on twitter, Fury Road this, Fury Road that so that’s probably why it’s shortened

Andrew00 wrote: »
    It’s been tipped up and mentioned everywhere on twitter, Fury Road this, Fury Road that so that’s probably why it’s shortened

Too short now . I’ll do Faheys each way

TheTorment wrote: »

AFAIK, I think Bet365 priced up first then PP priced him up at 7/2 - Bet365 cut straight away so wouldn't read too much into 5/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Might Bite for me in the KG.

Kempton is his track & I'll forgive the first run of the season. Can see it being 3/1 or 7/2 on the day.

Backing it single & in a double with Santini in the novice chase

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The young improving Clan Des Obeaux has a big shout in this too. 16/1 is surely worth an each way play. Travelled beautifully in the BetFair when ran out of steam approaching the 2nd last but stayed on admirabley into 4th. Im going to take a chance on him needing the run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Bristol de Mai for me. He’s in good form and has less questions than the rest imo, only 2nd run of season so hopefully the joints etc hold up unlike prior years on his subsequent runs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Howya lads.

Waiting Patiently for Stephens day. Seeing lots saying that first run and doubt over staying are negatives but he's perfect fresh and I think his running style - just lobbing along, economical jumping before being produced late - is absolutely perfect for the King George. Think his turn of foot between the final two will prove too much for rest.

Nap.

Also like Bags Groove in Feltham as much as it pains me to oppose Santini. Think that while Santini may prove the best in terms of a Gold Cup horse, I haven't seen a staying novice chaser jump slicker than Bags Groove in a long time. A front running, fast jumper, I can see him making ground at every fence and proving very hard to catch. While respected, I'm not sure TOTG's last run was as good as looked given how slow they went and La Bague A RoI will likely go from front too but prefer Bags Groove to win the dual.

Singles and Double

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

I'll chance waiting patiently, with about a 5% confidence interval

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭droidman123

I think 3m is a bit short fot bristol de mai,i am going to back politiclogue,who i think has the pace for the k.g

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Coneygree should outrun his odds of 33/1. He's 11 rising 12 but he's had 16 career starts, only Waiting Patiently and Clan Des Obeaux have had fewer.

He's taken time to come back to anything like his form of three years ago. He's form at the track and has the right running style. He could easily hit the frame.

For win purposes, Politologue looks the one at 5/1. Really should stay and has much more pace than any of these to beat Min at Aintree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Waiting Patiently is almost jolly on the ma-cheen

BumperD wrote: »
    Bristol de Mai for me. He’s in good form and has less questions than the rest imo, only 2nd run of season so hopefully the joints etc hold up unlike prior years on his subsequent runs

Don't believe he's a "Haydock" horse?

Native River must be the most under rated horse in training. Current Gold Cup Champion not really getting a mention.

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Waiting Patiently is almost jolly on the ma-cheen

Non stayer imo. Same as Politologue.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Native River must be the most under rated horse in training. Current Gold Cup Champion not really getting a mention.

100% - 6/1 is insane odds imo! Will be playing it safe and going each way at them odds!

Advertisement