Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

And of course SF will define "Rich" as anybody who earns 1 euro more than the average industrial wage.

Like their TD's (LOL!).

I notice that Mary Lou had a lovely Burberry coat on her during her jolly to Palestine. She must have been saving for ages with the pittance that she claims to take home ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

My own town of Dundalk has got bad again latley, house robbiers, attacks on streets, knife crime, drugs etc....

Id put money that more people would rather the IRA back than the job the Gardai are doing now.

Nothing a few beatings wont solve!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My own town of Dundalk has got bad again latley, house robbiers, attacks on streets, knife crime, drugs etc....

Id put money that more people would rather the IRA back than the job the Gardai are doing now.

Nothing a few beatings wont solve!

The children of IRA members are more than likely involved.
    Was always the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Just love this! “Officers believe some attackers are possibly security guards themselves, who were annoyed that many of those chosen to protect the house at Falsk, Strokestown, were from the North”

And “ Others were locals, who opted to join in as a protest, without realising the incident was likely to turn so violent.

"This appears to be largely a case of teaching a lesson to the outsiders because of their selection for the job rather than a protest over the eviction of the family from the house the previous Tuesday", a senior officer told the Irish Independent last night.“

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-believe-whatsapp-group-organised-violent-attack-37643527.html
    According to that article the dirty savage cnuts used an axe on the Dog :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Was always the case.

No they are not, the same scum families from the 80's/90's are involved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Edgware wrote: »
    "Someone else" possibly "the rich" would pay for it.
    It would all work out because everyone would be on the average industrial wage like Mary Lou and Dessie Ellis

Before or after tax? Liadh let the cat out of that bag in the Presidential debates.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,208 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Was always the case.

In some cases, it isn't even the children, there are many IRA members deeply involved in criminal gangs. And they are still protected by Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

gandalf wrote: »
    TBH I do think all the defenders of this McGann guy only did so because they were afflicted by the Orange rage initially. As the actual facts of the situation are coming out a lot are changing their minds or slipping back into the shadows in silence. In reality the guy and his non-payment ways are irredeemable.

What we are left with are the trolls doing it for the lols or those who will protest at everything because its "giving the two fingers to the man".

Meanwhile in the real world, actual people are willing to step away from their laptops and phones and take direct action against perceived wrongs...and as long as that continues to happen your agenda is fcuked.

Meanwhile in the real world, actual people are willing to step away from their laptops and phones and take direct action against perceived wrongs...and as long as that continues to happen your agenda is fcuked.

Why do you support vigilante mob justice? Do you not think the attack that killed the dog, burned out cars and left several people just doing their job in hospital to be horrific?

blanch152 wrote: »
    In some cases, it isn't even the children, there are many IRA members deeply involved in criminal gangs. And they are still protected by Sinn Fein.

.....and here we go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Those people would be what are known as 'morons' and better off ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cool, so if I perceive that someone cut in front of me in Tesco, and I burn out their car and kill their dog, will this shower of gob****es who probably can't even spell IRA defend me??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Cool, so if I perceive that someone cut in front of me in Tesco, and I burn out their car and kill their dog, will this shower of gob****es who probably can't even spell IRA defend me??

there are two that were also living in that house, they are the ones that suffered

blanch152 wrote: »
    Why do you support vigilante mob justice? Do you not think the attack that killed the dog, burned out cars and left several people just doing their job in hospital to be horrific?

So if the Gardai do no protect you, what is the alternative?

goat2 wrote: »
    there are two that were also living in that house, they are the ones that suffered

They should direct their ire at their selfish brother then who has put them in this position.

If they suffered, it's because their brother has lied to them about paying loans for a decade.

Unless of course they knew.

gandalf wrote: »
    They should direct their ire at their selfish brother then who has put them in this position.

It could be the position that they did not know that he was up to his eyeballs in debt,
    he may not have told them, as he is the owner of the property I am gathering from the information,
    They could have had the permission to live their lives there but not have the ability to have a say on what happened it.
    It is a terrible situation,
    We all cannot know what our siblings are up at all times, I for one don't know my siblings situations or how much they owe anyone nor I don't tell them my financial situation, even though we are all great buddies

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It could be the position that they did not know that he was up to his eyeballs in debt,
    he may not have told them, as he is the owner of the property I am gathering from the information,
    They could have had the permission to live their lives there but not have the ability to have a say on what happened it.
    We all cannot know what our siblings are up at all times, I for one don't know my siblings situations or how much they owe anyone nor I don't tell them my financial situation, even though we are all great buddies

It is a terrible situation for them but it is entirely their brothers fault. Nobody else is to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Who are the Gardai not protecting?

kippy wrote: »
    Who are the Gardai not protecting?

They didn't protect the fella pinned down by 5 goons.

• Advertisement

It is a terrible situation for them but it is entirely their brothers fault. Nobody else is to blame.

I agree with you that the brother is at fault, but it must have been a terrible shock for them,
    I would not like to have found myself in their situation, would be in shock, wondering what tomorrow brings, I cannot emagine

What laws were being broken??

Perceived is the key word here. The real problem is that your perception of the situation is wrong and twisted. If this was someone who got into difficulty because of illness or unemployment but who did try and service their debts or engaged with the bank and still got evicted I'd agree with the protest (once it was peaceful).

However the reality (not the perception) is we have a serial defaulter who has tax judgements and district court convictions. He has been given plenty of opportunities to come to an agreement and didn't bother. He is not worthy of any sort of support or protest. It definitely isn't an excuse for the barbarity that was unleashed on Sunday morning. This is the real world version not the concocted green tinged narrative that broke on Sunday, which has been falling apart as the details of the whole farce have become apparent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He was being restrained while on private property, not attacked. So no need for the police to step in as it was reasonable force. And it was 3 security personnel.

I would agree if it was just one loan but given he has multiple defaults, a judgement from revenue, two district court tax related convictions and owes a number of local suppliers I suspect they had an inkling that something was amiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

It's fascinating to see opinions change on this one amongst work colleagues as the week goes by. I guess the facts have overtaken the initial outrage and a few folks have gone very quiet.

So you do think that vigilante mob justice is ok.

Astonishing disregard for the rule of law.

Was that the fella with a small cut on his knee, or the one who got a nosebleed from all the excitement?

The guy was trespassing and impeding a legal eviction. The contractors were allowed to use reasonable force to subdue and remove him from the premises which they did (personally I believe they were very restrained in dealing with these eejits). As I have said many times before in this thread I have seen trouble makers get worse from security in a pub/club on a Saturday night in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Maybe the Gardaí should have arrested those who were illegally occupying a property that is owned by the bank?

Or maybe the ex-property owners should have just complied with the repossession and court order and left the property peacefully as they were legally obliged to do?

Instead they acted the d1ck and had to be evicted.

I've seen the video and I would judge that reasonable force was used. It wasn't excessive, I saw no hammerings, kickings etc.

Advertisement