Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight's fights 15/12 (Katie Taylor/Canelo/BT Card)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Canelo fights everyone and anyone to be fair. GGG twice,Mayweather, Lara etc. The Fielding fight was just a first step into that division.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fielding, as I thought...muck..

You won’t get a softer belt, Canelo...

Smith would definitely pose more issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

walshb wrote: »

Plucky Brit. Did his best. Very brave getting up 3 times etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Canelo is a sponge. Every top guy he fights he learns something from them, takes something from them and adds it to his own game. His mentality is A1. I definitely saw a few snippets of Golovkin in him last night. He has his critics but I adore watching him. Credit must go to the Reynoso's though who always fly under the radar but have done stellar work with him. Already Ryan Garcia looks miles better in his first fight under them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

walshb wrote: »

Smith would be done within 6 or 7 rounds. He wouldn’t cause any issues at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Smith would be done within 6 or 7 rounds. He wouldn’t cause any issues at all.

I’d back Canelo, too....but at least Smith has some talent, and has a good dig on him...

Tall, rangy, decent puncher and big SMW..

He’s fought nobody apart from a has-been Groves...

I normally don’t root against British/English, but the sooner the better these overhyped, overrated and very ordinary British fighters are cleaned out, the better.

Sky really do grind you down with it all..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭obi604

in regard to the Katie Taylor V Wahlstrom fight, was there a press conference after the fight?
    Had a gander around online and could not find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Lot of talk that Canelo - Jacobs is as good as a done deal for May.

https://twitter.com/Woodsy1069/status/1074440820986707968?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good fight that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

We arrived just as Ryan Garcia was beginning to dominate. Missed the Katie fight as we stayed till the end of the Jets game thinking they would win!

Anyway we ambled up to the bridge section at the very top which is a very impressive way to watch the proceedings and watched Garcia swarm Rodriguez. After the ref counted Garcia admitted he knew no Spanish but appreciated the hispanic support!

IMG-3748.jpg

Next up was a welterweight clash between Sadam Ali and Herrera. Over 10 rounds no doubting the winner but Ali doesn't look great and the crowd is bored and distracted. Very forgettable bout.

Tevin Farmer was up next and this fight had more action as his opponent a very brave Costa Rican/Nicaraguan came to compete. Despite the Champ promising an early ko this went the distance. Farmer was quick handed and very sharp given how many fights he has had this year. Impressively jabbing throughout his work rate and superior skill set made the UD the right decision.

On to the main event and with the arena now filling up the atmosphere was building. However anybody who just arrived can feel a wee bit cheated as the gulf in class was enormous. Fielding taking a knee in the first was ominous and his subsequent body language was of a guy who wanted to be out of there. Hard to figure what kind of gameplay there was to engage at close quarters with Canelo really.

Fair play to anyone at home who stayed up till 5am to watch this one sided farce! Our 2 tickets came to $145.

IMG-3750.jpg

IMG-3756.jpg

IMG-3758.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement