Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Was expecting the stip to somehow be linked to the previous rounds stip from what you said i.e In this round your pick has to have held the same belt as your draftee last round. In which cause I (with Chyna) would have had to pick either an IC or womens champion.

Considered that, but then I'd actually have to do some work to enforce it :pac:

Guys, I'm away next weekend btw. Depending on how the speed of the draft goes I have (like in previous years) a Royal Rumble round planned.
    I'd imagine we'll likely get through Round 10 anyways this week but I'll likely leave a few things with BH in case something is required on my brief foray to the UK (Going to the Arsenal/Utd Cup game, and have a 70th on the Saturday).

Home the Sunday in time to watch the Rumble though!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The amount of women gone so far esp in the last round, is making the upcoming round impossible for anyone on the rnd of the draw.

Its way to restrictive this late into the draft considering the rise in popularity of womens wrestling.

Ill be resilient though despite it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Are female world champions ok for tag teams? I didn't think so hence people no longer doing the Trish/Lita type picks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

Are female world champions ok for tag teams?

Updated my choice (although it's just the WWE Women's title that counts, so it seems women's titles from other companies won't negate tag teams).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Nope we brought in the women’s championship rule last year

• Advertisement

Updated my choice (although it's just the WWE Women's title that counts, so it seems women's titles from other companies won't negate tag teams).

Just noticed that, was about to edit away my post above but no point now. Does the TNA title not count too?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just noticed that, was about to edit away my post above but no point now. Does the TNA title not count too?

Nope just the WWE one

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

Apparently not. (Although I do have a habit of misreading the rules!)... it's just the WWE's women's titles that count (I don't think NXT counts, but not sure about that).

Since last year, any version of the WWE Women's Championship was also included as a part of this rule. This will continue for 2019.

Apparently not. (Although I do have a habit of misreading the rules!)... it's just the WWE's women's titles that count (I don't think NXT counts, but not sure about that).

Correct, just the WWE Women's Title (or any version thereof).

Necro wrote: »
    Nope just the WWE one

*rushes off to see if I've missed some potential picks*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've got two I want. Not sure which to go for though.

Sexy or crazy? :P

I... think... you went with crazy? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I... think... you went with crazy? :pac:

OPJXHmW.gif

EDIT: Bonus Gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMI7vn8kOjFmu8Mpm7RKAIsM-j_wiiocnt-vZSdBthypqhoq-C

That is a fine pick by Liz that suits her roster perfectly. Nicely done!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That is a fine pick by Liz that suits her roster perfectly. Nicely done!

Thanks, I was going to go with a bigger more known diva but Eddie's daughter will fit more and even though I do not think Shaul was picked before and might not be on anymore's radar for this round and may have lasted for a later round, I didn't want to risk it

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Gonna be tomorrow afternoon before I get my pick up (sorry) as I have my list of potential people left in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Sorry for the delay in picking - got to work and couple of unexpected things were landed on my desk.

Pick up now! Have a minor thing planned for Carmella, but we'll see how it can play out..

And mine is up too :)

PM sent to Brad. Happy with Michelle, under-rated talent imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

When I saw the stip I drew up a list of 5 and added 2 more to it the next day. Only 1 has been taken so far so I've a bit of thinking to do before I'll get my pick up.

When I saw the stip I drew up a list of 5 and added 2 more to it the next day. Only 1 has been taken so far so I've a bit of thinking to do before I'll get my pick up.

Ha, EXACT same as me actually. Had Michelle as my top pick and 6 others, only Bayley got taken out of my list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Ha, EXACT same as me actually. Had Michelle as my top pick and 6 others, only Bayley got taken out of my list.

Chyna was mine. I like a lot of the people taken but I wanted to stay away from current WWE main roster women once I got Asuka. Interested to see if the rest of my list will go in this round as I still have a long enough list of males that I'd still like to get as well.

Chyna was mine. I like a lot of the people taken but I wanted to stay away from current WWE main roster women once I got Asuka. Interested to see if the rest of my list will go in this round as I still have a long enough list of males that I'd still like to get as well.

Ha I would have definitely taken Asuka to face Chyna if I could have but I’m happy with Tessa and like yourself intentionally stayed away from the main roster. Someone like Bayley for example (she’s already gone so can be mentioned and was on my list ) could have been a great babyface to go against Chyna but I do fear WWE have booked some like her in such a way that it’s sometimes hard to look past the apathy I feel towards them atm. Meanwhile Ms Blanchard has that best outside WWE kinda shine to her.

Similar to how Broken Matt went very early last year but this year after the WWE got their hands on the him, his woken self dropped a few rounds.

Round 10 order up with a 'kind' of a stip. Putting it up now as I'm off to work and won't have access to my spreadsheet till about 1am otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Next round has become tag team round I guess.

What if a team had two world chsmpions, is that allowed?

Also I knew the last few round orders were kind to me and the average really shows it!

DM_7 wrote: »
    Next round has become tag team round I guess.

What if a team had two world chsmpions, is that allowed?

It is from Round 10 onwards. Not limited to Round 10 though as it's just abolished from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Was hoping round 10 would be a celebrity round. I've gotten the wrong end of the draw more often than not so far, and a plum draw in the celeb round would have balanced that out. Had someone in mind too who would nicely tie a few threads together.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Was hoping round 10 would be a celebrity round. I've gotten the wrong end of the draw more often than not so far, and a plum draw in the celeb round would have balanced that out. Had someone in mind too who would nicely tie a few threads together.

Can understand fully why someone would think that way but tbh I am happy that round is coming later. Means two things for me, people's rosters will be less planned around their celeb and you don't have to choose between a celeb and a big name wrestler of which there are still many with the smaller number of contestants this year.

Not 100% sure if I will avail of the stip removal this round but there are def some good teams available now because of it. Again because there were more main event talent available with less pickers I think more people will be in a position to avail of it too as I think most have only drafted 2 tag teams so far.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Soz :( Celeb round is planned alright though, have no fear :D

Do people want the Write Ups Thread opened from round 10 or are ye happy to wait another little while? I don't mind either way, just wondering what the preferred option is. I know I likely won't be posting anything till probably after the last round concludes.

• Advertisement

Do people want the Write Ups Thread opened from round 10 or are ye happy to wait another little while? I don't mind either way, just wondering what the preferred option is. I know I likely won't be posting anything till probably after the last round concludes.

The speed we are going with less players, rd10 is coming around a lot quicker than usual and there are still more game/storyline changing picks available so I don't intend to start writing yet personally.

Advertisement