Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Very happy to get DDP, had hoped a couple of the tag teams might slip through but DDP was an important piece for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Very happy to get DDP, had hoped a couple of the tag teams might slip through but DDP was an important piece for me.

I had something lined up for DDP too. Probably wouldn't have taken him next round though as it would've been a standalone thing. Very under-rated pick I think. First Jake, now DDP... you're grabbing all my guys!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Good time to get him Brad, he was my planned next pick after Shane O Mac. Happy with getting him though, pieces falling nicely into place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    Round 8 order and stipulation up folks :)
    There's a reason it's not too limiting tbh. All will become clear in the next round...

These latest rounds have not been kind to me, near the end again but you have me now very curious about round 9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Don’t want to pre-empt the stip in the next round. But will you have to name the title said person won?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Don’t want to pre-empt the stip in the next round. But will you have to name the title said person won?

You can if you like, it won't impact the next round though ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Happy with New Day to take on LOD. Both popular, both capable of a high quality match and feud, both a completely different styles... Im happy.

Pick Kenny, and the Bullet Club gets picked.
    Pick Xavier, and New Day gets picked.

Upside, I can have a story of them going solo :P

Working on my pick now.

I'm...like....90% sure my pick isn't taken. I checked five times....five times....five times...five times.....FIVE TIMES....and couldn't see him on anyone's list :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm...like....90% sure my pick isn't taken. I checked five times....five times....five times...five times.....FIVE TIMES....and couldn't see him on anyone's list :P

Nope, definitely not taken.

Happy with that pick. Can use both in a number of ways. PM sent to Shag as well.

• Advertisement

Updated Rosters to End of Round 7:

Tables were getting a bit on the large side :pac:

Mr. Nice Guy: Randy Orton Bret Hart AJ Styles Mick Foley Bray Wyatt The Great Muta Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes

Bounty Hunter: Shawn Michaels Hiroshi Tanahashi The Rock Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman Ricky Steamboat Jerry Lawler New Age Outlaws

beakerjoe: Becky Lynch Aleister Black Cody Rhodes & Goldust Dusty Rhodes Ted DiBiase Road Warriors Big E & Kofi Kingston

Necro: Finn Balor Sheamus CM Punk Rob Van Dam Braun Strowman Gallows & Anderson Shane McMahon

Mr. Guappa: Ronda Rousey Trish Stratus Randy Savage Rey Mysterio Rusev Will Ospreay Shayna Baszler

daithi1989: John Cena Pete Dunne Goldberg Drew Mc Intyre Nikki Cross Matt Sydal & Ricochet AJ Lee

Ruat Caelum: Chris Jericho Roddy Piper Hulk Hogan Young Bucks Sami Zayn & Neville Jeff Jarrett Elias

paulie21: Roman Reigns Edge Ric Flair Scott Steiner Dean Ambrose Matt Hardy Big Show

JP Liz V1: Seth Rollins Owen Hart & British Bulldog Eddie Guerrero Christian John Morrison Austin Aries Curtis Axel & Bo Dallas

Alfred Borden: The Undertaker Kane Sting John Bradshaw Layfield Ultimate Warrior Bubba Ray Dudley Lita

Lord TSC: Triple H Kenny Omega Batista The Miz Velveteen Dream Xavier Woods Booker T

Shagnastii: Kurt Angle Tetsuya Naito Scott Hall & Mr. Perfect Vince McMahon Kevin Nash Marty Scrull & Zack Sabre Jnr Matt Riddle

SlickRic: Brock Lesnar Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi Steve Austin Chris Benoit Vader Bruiser Brody Tyler Bate & Trent Seven

A Brad Maddox Guy: Daniel Bryan Cesaro & Tyson Kidd Samoa Joe Jake Roberts Shinsuke Nakamura Jeff Hardy Diamond Dallas Page

DM_7: Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Kazuchika Okada Kevin Owens Lashley Charlotte Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole American Alpha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pick Kenny, and the Bullet Club gets picked.
    Pick Xavier, and New Day gets picked.

Upside, I can have a story of them going solo :P

Working on my pick now.

Im always open to offers for folk

Might as well give a few early thoughts on other rosters:

Mr. Nice Guy: Randy Orton Bret Hart AJ Styles Mick Foley Bray Wyatt The Great Muta Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes

Love this roster, I'm really excited to see which direction you go for your main feud. Styles, Hart, Legend Killer Orton, Muta... Not to mention Foley VS Wyatt if that's a plan of yours. Defending Champ has a champion filled roster.... be afraid, be very afraid.
    Bounty Hunter: Shawn Michaels Hiroshi Tanahashi The Rock Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman Ricky Steamboat Jerry Lawler New Age Outlaws

Again this roster is just packed with talent. HBK, Tanahashi the BWA regular, The Rock.... the madness of Pillman - It's another one (and this is prob gonna be a regular comment) I have no idea what the main event might be as there are plenty of ways to go. HBK VS Rock is the obvious but BH doesn't always go the obvious route...
    beakerjoe: Becky Lynch Aleister Black Cody Rhodes & Goldust Dusty Rhodes Ted DiBiase Road Warriors Big E & Kofi Kingston

Becky is a very brave first pick, I'm intrigued as to your plans for her. It's something I considered myself on the other hand though. But I really like the rest of your roster too. Black was on my radar had I not got Sheamus and he was still available, The Rhodes family together is a clever bit of picking too, especially with the AEW stuff currently being big news. And of course you have Ted who is always well written wherever he ends up, and a Road Warriors/New Day feud which could be a barnburner. Looks like the former champ is coming back swinging.
    Necro: Finn Balor Sheamus CM Punk Rob Van Dam Braun Strowman Gallows & Anderson Shane McMahon

Awful, what was he thinking with these picks:pac:
    Mr. Guappa: Ronda Rousey Trish Stratus Randy Savage Rey Mysterio Rusev Will Ospreay Shayna Baszler

Another brave draftee, two women in the first two rounds. Rousey and Trish would be a dream match alright, and then you have Baszler lurking in the background too. Coupled with that you have some OOOOOO YEAH!, a 619, Ospreay and Rusev (Day). Interested in how all this pans out as your writing last year was very good.
    daithi1989: John Cena Pete Dunne Goldberg Drew Mc Intyre Nikki Cross Matt Sydal & Ricochet AJ Lee

Cena/Goldberg - take my money. Then you have Dunne, Mc Intyre, Sydal, Ricochet - all high quality. Loving the feel of this roster. AJ and Nikki Cross is very clever drafting too.
    Ruat Caelum: Chris Jericho Roddy Piper Hulk Hogan Young Bucks Sami Zayn & Neville Jeff Jarrett Elias

This is a roster just oozing charisma. Jericho, Hogan and Piper. The Young Bucks, Pac and Jarrett and Zayn, not to mention Elias. I like it a lot and am interested in how you book it. Great picking so far.
    paulie21: Roman Reigns Edge Ric Flair Scott Steiner Dean Ambrose Matt Hardy Big Show

Spear VS Spear? Lunatic VS Broken Matt? Steiner and Matt Hardy were on the same roster last year as well I think, Steiner is another character I'd like to book but never have. And that's before I mention Ric Flair! Looking forward to this one.
    JP Liz V1: Seth Rollins Owen Hart & British Bulldog Eddie Guerrero Christian John Morrison Austin Aries Curtis Axel & Bo Dallas

Your roster is packed full of great characters and athletes, and the B Team :pac: Seth VS Owen or Eddie would be a great main event, and that's before you fit Christian in somewhere :P Another match that would be fun is Aries VS Morrison, and then the Bulldog has to slot in somewhere too!
    Alfred Borden: The Undertaker Kane Sting John Bradshaw Layfield Ultimate Warrior Bubba Ray Dudley Lita

This is an old school, hard hitting roster with some huge names. Taker, Kane, Sting in the first three picks is great drafting imo. Then there's JBL and Warrior, Bully Ray and Lita. Just saw you draft Paige and that looks like a fun match too. I like it!
    Lord TSC: Triple H Kenny Omega Batista The Miz Velveteen Dream Xavier Woods Booker T

Omega and Triple H on the same roster is great. I can see a natural feud between the two there developing. Then there's the Hollywood connection in Batista and... Miz :pac: Dream Woods and Booker all add up to a fine roster so far.
    Shagnastii: Kurt Angle Tetsuya Naito Scott Hall & Mr. Perfect Vince McMahon Kevin Nash Marty Scrull & Zack Sabre Jnr Matt Riddle

Quite how you managed to get The Outsiders, Vince, Angle and indie talent such as Scrull, Sabre Jnr and Riddle is pretty damn good drafting. I like this roster a lot and it's one I'm very interested in seeing how it's booked.
    SlickRic: Brock Lesnar Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi Steve Austin Chris Benoit Vader Bruiser Brody Tyler Bate & Trent Seven

Last year I had land of the giants, this year Slick has assembled some of meanest, baddest mofos to ever enter pro wrestling. There'll be no moonsaults or shooting star presses but there will be Stunners, F5s, Flying headbutts and Vader Bombs. This is so much fun to look at and Austin/Lesnar obviously stands out but I think each match will just be wall to wall brawling which I love!
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Daniel Bryan Cesaro & Tyson Kidd Samoa Joe Jake Roberts Shinsuke Nakamura Jeff Hardy Diamond Dallas Page

I'm really interested in how this is booked as you can literally pick any of the names you've so far drafted (with the possible exception of Kidd), clang them together and it would print money. Bryan VS Cesaro. Bryan VS Joe. Bryan VS Roberts (my personal choice for some reason, I think it could be brilliant). Bryan VS Nakamura, Hardy or DDP - all money spinners, and you could swap pretty much all of them about and I'd want to see the matches. I think it's one of my fave rosters this year actually.
    DM_7: Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Kazuchika Okada Kevin Owens Lashley Charlotte Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole American Alpha

Great mix of mainstream and indie talent in this fed too. I'm a huge fan of Owens and Ciampa/Gargano work either individually or as a team, so it's a great first round draft pick. Adam Cole on his own I expected to go earlier tbh, and AA is a great pick as they were brilliant in NXT. Charlotte then as well, intrigued who her opponent(s?) will be.

All the rosters are great this year so far, looking forward to see what else people draft in the coming rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

This is a roster just oozing charisma. Jericho, Hogan and Piper. The Young Bucks, Pac and Jarrett and Zayn, not to mention Elias. I like it a lot and am interested in how you book it. Great picking so far.

Cheers! I'm interested in how I'm gonna book it too ... not fully certain yet. Will say I am open for trades on some of them still (not quite all of them).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Surprised I just went with that Pick as I she was not on my list but with my original opponents planned all gone for Charlotte I need at least a quality name option, who better than a major rival?

I'll likely put up Round 9's order and stip this evening, working early shift tomorrow so will be away from my trusty spreadsheet till about 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I'll likely put up Round 9's order and stip this evening, working early shift tomorrow so will be away from my trusty spreadsheet till about 5pm.

Have no objections! Might be able plan my R9 pick before R8!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Also no objections here, that said if daithi makes his pick soon it’ll be a drunk pick for me.

Drunk picks have gone seriously wrong once or twice for me in draft history but meh :)

*hic*

Round 9 up... don't say I didn't warn ye ;)

Well that stip for R9 changes my plans.. Have to give me a few min to have a look at my list and how I proceed.

This might be good for BH though, who is less likely to drunk pick!!

• Advertisement

Pick up (don't think they had been picked by anyone else!) and DM sent to BH.

Had planned on starting my Tag Division in the next round, but Stip obv put a stop to that - more plans thrown up in the air; joys of the Draft!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I was very surprised to realise The Revival hadn't been picked when it got to me in this round, found it very difficult to not pick them. That said it appears I chose a good time to get Asuka in though I'm not sure which potential opponents will be left now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Ah man, #15 is a killer next round!

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Ah man, #15 is a killer next round!

Not nice certainly... but... Round 10 is another average order round ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That round stip hurts a little, I was hoping some would not make any female picks and hoped to pick up a few more to make a good division. 14 going in next round will make that much harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Round 9 up... don't say I didn't warn ye ;)

th?id=OIP.3GJdMiv-1iczQWURTu0N8AHaE7&pid=15.1&P=0&w=276&h=184

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

I had a massive debate with myself whether to pick Haas/Benjamin or The Revival as potential rivals for the bucks, or a female wrestler! While I'm happy with my pick for round 8.... I've gotta say I'm very glad I'm at the top of round 9!

Benefits of late pick/early pick is I can shape a feud here. Also, knowing the stip helps. Had been going to leave Steph till the next round, but then realised I should grab someone for her to fight next round, and re-unite The Authority now :P

Gah, I was thinking about drafting Steph next round tbh. Was always unlikely to reach me with the stip though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gah, I was thinking about drafting Steph next round tbh. Was always unlikely to reach me with the stip though.

I'd say quite a few might have had her in mind. Wouldn't have gotten to me for sure but I'd have taken her if she had for instance. Chyna yes was a drunk pick where I actually missed the next round stip at the time of picking but she was also one of the most likely people I was going to pick and at least now that I've spotted the stip I can hopefully match her with someone next round as apposed to picking my first women after everyone had already taken the top talent in that round so happy enough with another former DX member.

Was expecting the stip to somehow be linked to the previous rounds stip from what you said i.e In this round your pick has to have held the same belt as your draftee last round. In which cause I (with Chyna) would have had to pick either an IC or womens champion.

Advertisement