Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamped

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Are they still charging more if you pay by card

Yeh they charge €5 extra if you want to pay by card. How the fcuk are you meant to drive to an ATM with a clamped car? Assh*les

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

I was recently clamped at a train station after a nice Xmas day at the panto! I use park by text and only remembered a few hours later to pay by text,arrrgggh!

As I was doing this I couldn’t find the carpark code, Maybe they’ve gotten some sense and stopped charging people extra to use public transport - WRONG!!!!

the cRpark had actually changed over to a different company, €120 to remove clamp, ouch!!

This train station is 2km outside of a town and unsafe to walk to after dark, I don’t understand why people using public transport are even getting charged to park there never mind the the clamping by a private company.

I hope your mum gets her money back

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Yeh they charge €5 extra if you want to pay by card. How the fcuk are you meant to drive to an ATM with a clamped car? Assh*les

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Heat_Wave wrote: »

Every other organization in the world moving towards electronic payments because it's cheaper and more convenient for all concerned, yet clampers penalize it to milk an extra couple of euro out of people!? Says it all.

That's the Isuzu, right? Something like this?

If you send me her pps number and IBAN, I should be able to get it sorted.

What? You've lost me there. What do you want to do with her IBAN , dya need her debit card and pin number too?! I'll PM it to ya sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I would suggest buying your mother a bolt cutters for Christmas.

and glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I run a building supplies business, and had a serious issue with people using the car parking spaces outside while not being a customer of my business. I must say I find clamping to be an extremely satisfying solution to this problem. I get a large amount of pleasure from actually applying and removing the clamp. I also recently upped the release fee from €75 to €150, which should give me a nice bit of spare cash to play with at my annual trip to the Cheltenham festival. It’s an extremely effective way of teaching inconsiderate drivers a valuable lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I run a building supplies business, and had a serious issue with people using the car parking spaces outside while not being a customer of my business. I must say I find clamping to be an extremely satisfying solution to this problem. I get a large amount of pleasure from actually applying and removing the clamp. I also recently upped the release fee from €75 to €150, which should give me a nice bit of spare cash to play with at my annual trip to the Cheltenham festival. It’s an extremely effective way of teaching inconsiderate drivers a valuable lesson.

Good man, Paddy! That must knock that sense of entitlement out of those selfish pricks.

I bet you don’t tell your auld ‘ball and chain’ about that cash? Nothing better than heading to Cheltenham with a good war chest that herself hasn’t a clue about.

How are ya paddy. You're a builders' supplier? I always imagined you'd be doing something more middle class and were a solicitor or something. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. You'll have to give up the Ross O'Carroll Kelly act!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

I'd say the only thing Pintman Paddy Losty ever clamps is his hand around his dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ncps clamped me twice in 4 years when it was their fault. First time there was a paper ticket in my window, second time they must have not scanned my reg as I paid for parking on my app weekly and had actual physical proof. I’ve also been clamped by them when it was my own fault. I have paid when it was my fault, but on the two occasions they made the mistake the lady on the phone was insisting that I would have to pay and then appeal. I had read and done my research and it’s a known thing with ncps that they do not issue refunds after appeal. So they essentially immobilized my car and demanded payment when I had complied with parking regulations. So, the first time, it was removed with a consaw.
    The second time, the lock was popped, and the clamp was then clamped to the clamping sign in the carpark, using the same popped lock. Appeal that,
    fückers

Way to go! Wish there was a post of the week award! Wonderful! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I haven't worked in a clamping place but I have worked in customer service and laugh all you want but what I said is the actual reality. And you actually inadvertently acknowledged the exact problem - yes, someone higher up make the rules/might be able to accelerate things but they're not around. It's the person at the bottom of the heap who takes the calls and they are extremely limited in what they can do. They don't make the rules and can't bend them. Believe me, if they could sort things out there and then, they would. As it would stop abuse or people getting upset on the phones. Despite popular opinion, they don't actually enjoy that. They are just regular folk like you and me, in a sh1t job until they find something better.

I agree with you in 99% of cases when talking to someone in customer service. But if you take a job in a clampers "hotline" or whatever the fúck it is, you're going to have to deal with pretty irate customers because your company is extorting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If they won't refund you do a chargeback on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fieldofsheep

This happened to me previously in an Irish Rail car park (transposing 2 digits of the car reg) - had to pay the release fee initially, but when I explained the situation to the clamper he advised me to contact Irish Rail directly, as the clampers were only working on their behalf.

Got in touch with Irish Rail, explained the situation and was able to show how I had been a regular parker there with the correct registration - they got in touch with the clampers and I got the money refunded. Remember that the clampers are only working on someone's behalf - find out who's responsible for the car park and try get in touch with them rather than appealing to the clamping company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

99% of people who are clamped deserve it and I wish there were more of it.

For every genuine story like the OP, there's a 100 ignorant fcukwits with a sense of entitlement.

A short walk through my local town yesterday evening had numerous examples of general parking fcukery including double-yellow line parking, parking at a pelican crossing, partially blocking a footpath etc.

My favorite was the ignorant spazbot who parked with all 4 wheels on the footpath forcing everyone to walk out on the road to get past. What made it particularly galling was the large number of legal parking spaces less than 50 yards away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Yet in another thread you have no problem with people sponging free parking of the backs of others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ok with criminal activity when it suits I see. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Yet in another thread you have no problem with people sponging free parking of the backs of others?
    He's obviously just a fella taking the piss..

Far worse are the actual preachy hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Graces7 wrote: »

There is! You won it last week when you compared Travellers to the Amish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ok with criminal activity when it suits I see. ;)

Criminal activity? They immobilized my property, worth thousands of euro, on private property, while I followed the required rules and procedure and paid a fee to Irish rail to use their private carpark. In order to use my car, which is taxed and insured, paid for, kept roadworthy, and was parked in a spot that was paid for in advance, I had to “criminally damage” an item that was trespassing on my car, and the second time no criminal activity took place because the popped lock was undamaged, and was used to successfully secure the clamp back on their own property. If they had to damage their lock opening it off their own property that’s their own fault to be honest. I asked them nicely on the phone to come and fix their mistake and they declined without payment. That’s extortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I hope your Mum gets her money back O.P.

For a nanosecond there I thought I was going mad I couldn't remember my Mam telling me she got clamped recently! :o

This reminds me of a T.A. now.

Graces there was a brill Thread on Boards a while back about clamping and eh erhm friendly assistance of sorts.... :pac::D

Results in...........she got 50 of the 80 euro fine back.

More than I was expecting so that's good.

They're still c*nts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

They deserve the "Jobsworth" award! Give some folk a little bit of "power" and they run amok. I never use that kind of car park; LIDL and ALDI are the best ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Omackeral wrote: »
    There is! You won it last week when you compared Travellers to the Amish!

Has won that award a few times alright. Another classic was irish folk moving to the US and Oz ro claim social welfare.

Im still laughing at the stupidity of that post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

rafatoni wrote: »
    Has won that award a few times alright. Another classic was irish folk moving to the US and Oz ro claim social welfare.

Im still laughing at the stupidity of that post.

It's funny when her mask slips

Can only keep up her woe is me bleeding hearts club act for so long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

There's now a clamping regulator you can appeal to. It's independent rather than the charade appeals process the Clamping companies run. Your mother should use it.

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    There's now a clamping regulator you can appeal to. It's independent rather than the charade appeals process the Clamping companies run. Your mother should use it.

Thanks, I didn't realize that.

There are complaints and appeals forms along with information on each procedure.

For anyone else who needs these, you can find them on the national transport authority website

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/vehicle-clamping/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Thanks, I didn't realize that.

There are complaints and appeals forms along with information on each procedure.

For anyone else who needs these, you can find them on the national transport authority website

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/vehicle-clamping/

I went to the regulator after NCPS refused my appeal. I won and got my full fee back.

€50 back out of €80 stinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

can't do the time don't do the crime
    Not a crime, just a design deficiency that creates errors and mistake.

Human stupity. Design out the problem and you wouldn't need any clamps.

Advertisement