Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Not too likely now they've announced administration in UK

Not a chance..... a lot of people with vouchers from the last time that never got anything. It would have cost the administrators cents on the dollar to honour the vouchers but they didnt. They completely destroyed any good will the company had associated with the brand. I used to love both HMV and Virgin/Zavvi. Now I have no brand loyalty towards either.

I wouldnt give a gift voucher for a friend to any establishment that I didnt have friends working there or knew the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Donald Trump is impeached, is hung by the balls in Washington then Melania is given two oranges peaches as a souvenir

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Bus drivers to be replaced with the Autobot 2019 vers 1.0.

I'm not sure about that one. Last I heard there were major problems writing code that will replicate the current deviations from Timetables.

It was so far off that the trials appeared on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A workable solution is finally reached for the flooding at the section of rail at Ballycar.

Bus drivers to be replaced with the Autobot 2019 vers 1.0.

I think we were promised that about 5 years ago by the cardboard Taoiseach Enda Kenny with the advent of the Google car. I was lead to believe that both Mercedes-Benz and Volvo were separately working solutions.

I myself believe the contract should have been given to the Deceptions. Starscream always showed the most promise as leader. I could see Ravage, Frenzy and Buzzsaw driving buses and Soundwave as minister for Transport.

• Advertisement

Hungary decides to leave the EU after refusing to block inward migration as ordered by BrusselsGermany.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Dublin to win 5 in a Row. Pat Spillane to have a meltdown after it.

Limerick to win back to back All Ireland hurling titles after beating Galway in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

The year Facekicker returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Anything you firmly believe, or hope, will happen in 2019?

Male Vaginal pain will be recognised as a real illness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I think 2019 will bring Leo Varadkar a wardroom malfunction and we'll see his lizard scales.

Michael Martin will have a similar malfunction and we'll see his yellow feathers.

AH will have another change of moderators as the burn out continues. Speaking with the benefits of hindsight, moderating is the most thankless job you'll ever do.

Boards.ie will continue to hemorrhage people to other less restrictive social media platforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

Michael Jackson comeback tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I predict another thread to be created with Predictions for 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Brexit will end up being thrown under the bus, and the UK will quietly give itself a great big sigh of relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Leo will make a speech on his 40th Birthday about how his life has changed since coming out!

This thread will merge with the one that is already running.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

My bad. Not sure how I missed it. I've asked for the thread to be removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Nostradolan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

Leo will make a speech on his 40th Birthday about how his life has changed since coming out!

Since he came out as Indian is it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

More moaning about dole dependent scroungers looking for their forever homes, Louise O’Neill, the threat of Islam, and the sheer injustice of the Ulster rugby rape trial outcome for Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding.

And other such stuff.

Maybe a general election by the end of the year as the effects of Brexit kick in and the housing situation becomes completely intolerable for a big chunk of Irish people who vent their anger on the streets and at the ballot box. Varadkar and chums ousted, Coalition govt formed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Maybe a general election by the end of the year as the effects of Brexit kick in and the housing situation becomes completely intolerable for a big chunk of Irish people who vent their anger on the streets and at the ballot box. Varadkar and chums ousted, Coalition govt formed.

After the success of the water protests and what people power can do I'm surprised this hasn't happened already.

Leo and his ministers must waken up every morning thinking 'Is this the day it all goes tits up for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think that in the local elections in May we'll see people make similar comments that Peter Casey made regarding the travelling community. Somebody might even get elected in areas when Peter polled well.
    However they'll be a big backlash against this person in the media who'll make them out to be an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

My earlier predictions are all more or less on track and '19 hasn't started yet
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108841043&postcount=17

But the mystic one called 'Baba Vanga' doesn't herald much in the way of cheery news:
    Vlad is challenged, Trump looses hearing and there's mega-waves and meteorites to look forward to:
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/blind-mystic-baba-vanga-who-13780296

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

My earlier predictions are all more or less on track and '19 hasn't started yet
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108841043&postcount=17

Well the Liverpool one is. Maybe the Syria one. That's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Well the Liverpool one is. Maybe the Syria one. That's about it.

Ah you selectively forgot...

The challenge to May, who will now almost certainly hold on until brexit +1day as suggested.

Also the Donald is still the clear favourite for POTUS 2020, as he ramps up the China trade war further, and brushes off challenges. China announced they are aiming to replace 5,000 Western airlines with their own fleet in the coming years (bad news for BAE/Boeing)

Europe is becoming ever more right, even VOX has large gains last week in post-Franco Espania. Macron's time would also appear to be up in France.

Moves towards digital taxes in the EU (Austria today indicated support)

More places off the holiday list (backpacking in Morocco isn't what it used to be). Paris is only romantic if you lust yellow jackets and waterey eyes.

{Still 365+2days to go to get the rest correct}.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,808 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

After the success of the water protests and what people power can do I'm surprised this hasn't happened already.

Leo and his ministers must waken up every morning thinking 'Is this the day it all goes tits up for us?

Not a hope will there be serious housing protests (on the scale of the water protests) as homeowners themselves don't particularly care (value of their gaff can only increase), workers are far too busy keeping their sh1t together, so that leaves SF, the alphabet soup parties, Eirigi loons, the 'foreva home' squad and assorted hangers on to march and most if not all of the latter would put a lot of folks off protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

At the end of the year, Boards will have a thread named "Your Predictions for 2020"

Meh, I can't see that happening before the guillotine falls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

The love of my life will finally ride me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

The love of my life will finally ride me.

Good luck with that. :D:D

Advertisement