Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions 2019

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

We’ll say good bye to Gay Byrne.

Grim, I know, but the man hasn’t been very well lately by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

The Irish band Six will reform briefly.
    Terror attack(s) on mainland Europe will grab headlines.
    An Irish burglar will be shot dead on the job and the country will rally in support of their victim.
    We'll have a second cracking summer in a row.
    Dubs will retain Sam (again).
    A Munster team will win the hurling.
    My trusty 'Rolla will hit 350,000km's :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

There is much focus here on the one formerly know as Sinead O' Connor, perhaps a seat at the UN beckons.
    Perhaps too, a representative should the Pleiadians land at the Great Pyramid looking for their gold and spice bags to take back to their system.

Am already sold on the idea of Nathan Carter (as mentioned above) switching to ska or punk.
    It would be like wan Mliey Cyprus who gave up country music and descended into public debauchery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    'Game of Thrones’ Season 8 set to air

Once this happens then I'm not pushed about anything else.

Same here, final season of GOT for me is the only major event of 2019, nothing else is anywhere near as important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Faugheen wrote: »

Gay has been dying for years.. ............. sick of hearing about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Brexit will go ahead, but Ireland will lose a lot of the single market integration to avoid the hard border that would otherwise be imposed by a clean break Brexit.
    The EU will continue for a few more years yet, maybe morphing back to the original EEC model or completely breaking up in the next ten years.
    The Chinese empire building continues apace, with consolidation in the south China sea which is grudgingly accepted by neighbours to avoid unfavourable trade with China.

More African countries will find themselves on the hook for binding trade & debt deals that effectively give China a say in the internal politics of those countries (we're already seeing that now).

Investment in future oil exploration is cutback as EV's start to make a real dent in oil consumption, resulting in a period of glut followed by shortages three or four years down the line as new fields are not developed and expensive fields are shut in.

Car buyers will have a dilemma, either go EV ASAP or have a couple of years of cheaper motoring in an ICE vehicle, those who can't affors new will almost certainly go the second option.

I agree with Britex and the EU bit. Britex will happen and the EU is not going to last for much longer in its current form.

China needs to be watched. They are spending huge amounts in Africa and its not aid.

Mass EV use is way off. The electric grid won't be able to handle it and there is still issues with lithium production.

Same with AI and self driving vehicles. Not next year or 2029 for that matter.

My own are that Russia will invade Ukraine, Prince Philip will die, Trump will be ousted and jailed.

Cash will make a come back also. There will be some meltdown with a banks system that will leave the Apple/Google pay generation up **** creek for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Far from watching China, Europe should join in the new silk route.

We need to get off the teet of the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Amazon.co.uk, and several other UK based websites announce they will stop shipping to Ireland.

Due to tariffs and long queues at ports many brands of EU and UK products we are used to seeing on Irish shelves either disappear or increase in price by 40% or more.

Or, just use Parcel motel. Ship it all to the north then fast track it down.

He will be the last pope but I think he will last until 2033 as the predictions of Revelations. The fall of Rome will be the end of Europe and there will be a change of regime in Europe.

This is all predicted by Nostradamus too. I am glad I wont be around to see it

Nostradamus hasn’t been wrong yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Nostradamus hasn’t been wrong yet.

No human has or ever had the ability to accurately predict the future, the outcome of complex dynamic systems are too complex to do so, I've reason to believe nostradamus's 'predictions' are beyond vague at best

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    No human has or ever had the ability to accurately predict the future, the outcome of complex dynamic systems are too complex to do so, I've reason to believe nostradamus's 'predictions' are beyond vague at best

Yeh I was being sarcastic.

In my lifetime he (or his interpretators) predicted nothing beforehand and everything in hindsight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Wanderer78 wrote: »

The claim for the last few popes has been that they're either the last or second last. World should have ended a few times at this point. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭LordBasil

Trump survives the year as President, he'll ride out any controversies regardless.

General Election in Ireland before Brexit as FF walk out of C&S talks with FG. Despite public unrest over housing, they don't trust SF enough, haven't forgiven FF enough yet and therefore election results in FG led govt propped up by Labour, Greens, Indos. SF become largest opposition party. MM resigns as FF leader, contest between Michael McGrath, Eamon O'Cuiv and Stephen Donnelly to succeed him. Donnelly wins, radically alters FF policies.....FF then do well at the local and European elections.

A Brexiteer replaces Theresa May as PM, but doesn't last long as No Deal Brexit on 30th March results in chaos at Dover and widespread panic across the UK causes government to collapse and a GE held in May. Corbyn becomes PM. The ERG breaks away from the main Tory block.

Merkel resigns as Chancellor and AKK replaces her, Macron faces further protests. The EU decides to invest heavily in youth employment schemes, housing, and education in order to show young people that their future is in the EU.

More Mass Shootings in USA, Trump offers thoughts & prayers but nothing else.

Ireland Rugby team wins World Cup after beating NZ in the final after Jacob Stockdale scores a try in the last minute.

Deaths of Pope Emeritus Benedict, Jimmy & Rosalind Carter, Betty White, Sir David Attenborough and Gay Byrne.

The Queen & Prince Philip both survive the year.

Ireland and the UK both do very well at the Eurovision Song Contest, with 1 possibly winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Snickers goes back to its old name Marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Poor Gay Byrne. I hope he is not reading here of his oft-predicted demise.

Anyways, cryogenic preservation technology will take a huge leap forward in 2019 enabling Skooterblue to be revived in 2033 (with a trumpet blast) just in time to witness the Second Coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The Queen of England will pop her clogs. Trump will resign citing Liberal media something something. FF/FG will try privatise elements of currently publicly owned water concerns. We'll have a GE and FF will narrowly top FG to form another sham government. Varadkar will leave politics having been distracted by something shiny elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Brendan Dassey will be released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Gay has been dying for years.. ............. sick of hearing about it.

Will we see the Final Eposode of “The Meaning of Life?” Gaybo will interview himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Moonjet wrote: »
    The first (of many) babies will be aborted in Ireland under the new legislation, sometime in January.

Followed by many Facebook status essays by girls with septum piercings and fringes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Faugheen wrote: »

He looks dreadful god love him. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

conor mcgregor going on trial for serious crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Either Elton John or Robbie Williams will die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Zorya wrote: »
    Poor Gay Byrne. I hope he is not reading here of his oft-predicted demise.

?width=532&version=1911933

Bus drivers to be replaced with the Autobot 2019 vers 1.0.

Also, as people become increasingly dumb and challenged with the actual task of walking, due to staring at smart phones
    - flat moving escalators at walking pace, will all urban concrete pavements, stand to the left and alight when needed.

batgoat wrote: »
    The claim for the last few popes has been that they're either the last or second last. World should have ended a few times at this point. :p

No, go research the prophecies exactly. The second last was "Of the olives" which was Pope Benedicts order was the Benedictines whose crest are the olives and also known as "Olivetians". The head of the Jesuits is known as the Black Pope, hence Pope Francis is the last pope. This also feeds into Nostradamus prediction about "an end for candle wax and a time for Honey"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

No, go research the prophecies exactly. The second last was "Of the olives" which was Pope Benedicts order was the Benedictines whose crest are the olives and also known as "Olivetians". The head of the Jesuits is known as the Black Pope, hence Pope Francis is the last pope. This also feeds into Nostradamus prediction about "an end for candle wax and a time for Honey"

Cool, go to the biblical conspiracies forum.. I'm sure they'll be fascinated.

St Mally, said it would be Peter the Roman, who would be the last, while Pete a Roman is Francies actual birth father (before moving to Arg), it's hard to know if he ever took that description upon himself.

St Mally, said it would be Peter the Roman, who would be the last, while Pete a Roman is Francies actual birth father (before moving to Arg), it's hard to know if he ever took that description upon himself.

The markers are ever clearer. Now my buddy is more into it than me. It has to do with the celestial arrangement of stars and markers in society. The bit about the virgin with the crown of 12 stars could be interpreted as the EU and the Dragon could be what is coming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

conor mcgregor going on trial for serious crime.

Id say that trial wont start till at least 2020 :eek::eek::eek:

should be a dinger though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Xposé is finally axed.

Advertisement