Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Are Fiat engine bays always in primer or has that had a colour change?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Are Fiat engine bays always in primer or has that had a colour change?

Yes, they done come in that colour weirdly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Tzardine wrote: »
    Yes, they done come in that colour weirdly.

They do I just googled a pic of a Fiat 500 Abarth engine bay and they are all red or else everyone painted theirs as well.

They do I just googled a pic of a Fiat 500 Abarth engine bay and they are all red or else everyone painted theirs as well.

The car in the ad is not a 500 Abarth.

Its actually a Fiat Panda with a 500 engine in it.

The seller goes to great efforts to show all the Abarth badges in the ad.

The Panda had the camo colour bulkhead panel.

The car in the ad is not a 500 Abarth.

Its actually a Fiat Panda with a 500 engine in it.

The seller goes to great efforts to show all the Abarth badges in the ad.

The Panda had the camo colour bulkhead panel.

Really didn't know that. Well tbh I don't know much about Fiats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The absolute state of that Fiat.

It looks like it has been completely bodged together. Look at the way they positive wires to the battery terminal are connected with one of those plastic connector strips.

6SJbjVS.jpg

I imagine the claims of 180bhp are overly optimistic too. Probably just as well with the bogey looking Uniroyal ditchfinder tyres.

That lad needs to be sectioned if he thinks it worth anywhere near 9,000. Not even an NCT on it.

Uniroyal are very far from ditch finders, one of the best rubbers I've ever used.

Uniroyal are very far from ditch finders, one of the best rubbers I've ever used.

They are a budget tyre.

Not something I would personally be putting on a 180bhp FWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They are a budget tyre.

Not something I would personally be putting on a 180bhp FWD.

Why not they are yes a budget but not bottom of the barrel, they're a fantastic tyre, had the rainsport 2 and 3 the 3 was a big improvement.

Ran them on a 200hp vRS and drove it like I stole it. Never stepped out and in the rain they were unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭HBC08

No test drive until you give the owner cash to cover the price of the car.

Huh? So I arrive to meet this lad to buy his 2002 Honda with €17000 in cash. I give him the cash and then test drive? What if I dont like the car?

I can't see many people doing that,maybe im misunderstanding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

HBC08 wrote: »
    Huh? So I arrive to meet this lad to buy his 2002 Honda with €17000 in cash. I give him the cash and then test drive? What if I dont like the car?

I can't see many people doing that,maybe im misunderstanding it.

Its been around years, stops people that have no intention or haven't the money to buy from rocking up for a teat drive. Take an silvia/skyline/supra/evo for example you'd be hard pressed find anyone that will let you drive it without proving you can buy it.

You're not misunderstanding it just misjudging how common it is.
    Happens with bikes all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Why not they are yes a budget but not bottom of the barrel, they're a fantastic tyre, had the rainsport 2 and 3 the 3 was a big improvement.

Ran them on a 200hp vRS and drove it like I stole it. Never stepped out and in the rain they were unreal.
    Have to agree. I don’t know what people expect from a tyre, A good tyre is not going to save you from going backwards through a hedge if you’re clueless behind the wheel. Having said that, I had a mk1 CRV on Chinese death rings that could spin you at 20kph on a damp roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭HBC08

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Its been around years, stops people that have no intention or haven't the money to buy from rocking up for a teat drive. Take an silvia/skyline/supra/evo for example you'd be hard pressed find anyone that will let you drive it without proving you can buy it.

You're not misunderstanding it just misjudging how common it is.
    Happens with bikes all the time.

Ok thanks
    That's fairly mental imo.

HBC08 wrote: »
    Ok thanks
    That's fairly mental imo.

Not really when you think about it say I'm selling a fully built supra that's worth a fair whack. Now every chancing tom, dick and Harry that has ever wanted to drive one will make contact to "view and test drive".
    I only want genuine buyers turning up so you have to prove you have the capacity to make a deal. The money may or may not physically change hands before a test drive, its also insurance that if a ken block wanna be comes along and bins it, I'm not laboured with having to claim for it.

If the car is low value eh who cares, you're less likely to get mentalers trying to rally it or bring it out to say they did. If it attracts certain kinds of wannabe "pilots" or is of high value makes sense.

Load of rubbish IMO. If i ever seen it in an ad for a car i was looking for, i wouldn't even bother calling.

Who is actually faking an interest in buying a car, arranging a meet up and traveling half the country to get their kicks test driving a ****ing bog standard 200bhp DC5. Nobody, that's who.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Load of rubbish IMO. If i ever seen it in an ad for a car i was looking for, i wouldn't even bother calling.

Who is actually faking an interest in buying a car, arranging a meet up and traveling half the country to get their kicks test driving a ****ing bog standard 200bhp DC5. Nobody, that's who.

Exactly, that numpty thinks it's still 2005...

Was never into hondas so I can't comment on them but I do know they have their following. Would I pay €17k for a dc5? Not unless there was a lot of money in the boot.

Mate of mines father has had a tommi makinen evo 6, evo 4's, 5's etc and the amount of chancers that showed up for a spin of them when up for sale was unbelievable. A lot of lads will never own or drive them so will fake interest to have a go. Personally wouldn't be arsed but the saying came about for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

DC5 is such an underwhelming car

PsychoPete wrote: »
    DC5 is such an underwhelming car

To be fair we live in a country where young lads cream themselves over straight piped 1.9/2 L straight diesels and 80bhp petrols. That's a super car in comparison 🀣.
    But yea give me an s15 over it anyday

Mjolnir wrote: »
    To be fair we live in a country where young lads cream themselves over straight piped 1.9/2 L straight diesels and 80bhp petrols. That's a super car in comparison 🀣.
    But yea give me an s15 over it anyday

Compared to what came before it, it's a bit "meh"

I know they’re pretty scarce but €4K???
    Plus it looks sh1t
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26729874

• Advertisement

The chequer plate mats are very 90's but other than that i think it's a nice yoke. No negotiation on price is a dick thing to write in the ad but i think he's in the right ballpark. If you bought it for 3500 or that kind of area and threw the mats in the bin you'd be delighted with it.

The chequer plate mats are very 90's but other than that i think it's a nice yoke. No negotiation on price is a dick thing to write in the ad but i think he's in the right ballpark. If you bought it for 3500 or that kind of area and threw the mats in the bin you'd be delighted with it.

And change that exhaust but I do like it

PsychoPete wrote: »
    And change that exhaust but I do like it

Yea, I'm not usually fussy on exhausts but that the first thing I noticed.

I suppose taste is subjective but why is it even worth €3.5k???

Ah if you don't get it, it'd be very hard to explain, genuinely.

Andrew33 wrote: »
    I suppose taste is subjective but why is it even worth €3.5k???

It was the performance model of Rav 4 released back then in Japan.

I've only ever seen one for sale here

Ah if you don't get it, it'd be very hard to explain, genuinely.

Please don’t be condescending. I’m a huge fan of the mk1 Rav (I have a ‘95 shortie).
    I know people bang on about the BEAMS engine but it’s basically just vvti, I wasn’t aware there was a “performance” model of the mk1 or that they were worth that type of money. Thanks.

It was the performance model of Rav 4 released back then in Japan.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Please don’t be condescending. I’m a huge fan of the mk1 Rav (I have a ‘95 shortie).
    I know people bang on about the BEAMS engine but it’s basically just vvti, I wasn’t aware there was a “performance” model of the mk1 or that they were worth that type of money. Thanks.

Ya but its vvti on a 3sge kind of a different kettle of fish compared to the normal 3sfe.

4k is small change compared to what some lads are throwing out for 90s jap yokes

Advertisement