Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Better off going for a 3dr one anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Blue850 wrote: »
    They had fields full of unsold cars sitting at their original dealership in Portumna

Fun fact, once sold them 12 business phone packages in one go.
    Yes, they had 12 seperate phone lines

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

Fun fact, once sold them 12 business phone packages in one go.
    Yes, they had 12 seperate phone lines

Why do you think they wanted 12 separate phone lines for???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Phone them up and ask for Damien and tell him he was the best Captain Galway ever had and then ask about the Car..

I'm serious BTW..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

Truckermal wrote: »
    Phone them up and ask for Damien and tell him he was the best Captain Galway ever had and then ask about the Car..

I'm serious BTW..

Taken from the About Us section on their website.....GAA sells as they say!

The most familiar member of the Hayes family will no doubt be Damien Hayes. Boasting 4 All-Ireland Hurling Club medals with Portumna and three All Star Awards with Galway, Damien Hayes has been one of the most prominent Hurling GAA stars of recent years. Now retired from inter-county hurling, Damien is arguably taking on his biggest challenge in establishing Al Hayes Motors, ŠKODA in Ennis Co. Clare.

Source: https://alhayesskoda.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Tzardine wrote: »
    Really ? Yeah I never heard of them.

They will be a long time waiting €1,000 for that.

Practically every car being driven by our local ethnic minority has an Al Hayes surround on the number plate....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Practically every car being driven by our local ethnic minority has an Al Hayes surround on the number plate....

Also correct so maybe edit the conversation to Howya Boss before mentioning the rest...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I know it's close but not until it's on the cheap tax IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,433 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Even in 2 years time that will probably be considered a bit expensive.

Even at that, is it as desirable as an LS400?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Even in 2 years time that will probably be considered a bit expensive.

Even at that, is it as desirable as an LS400?

I think the 1UZ-FE is a lot more desirable than the actual car

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

No disc holder in the windscreen, I wonder if its even registered here at all.

Still really lovely though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nice house and grounds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

PsychoPete wrote: »

Ah thats a nice car. Toyota and cheap tax is worth a few bob in any form!

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1999-toyota-cresta-2-0-beams-with-lexus-engine/24608087

This looks like a far bigger stretch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Absolutlly bomb proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Used to be the case but when the time comes a ls400 on 56 euro tax will be exceptionally desireable and its creeping ever closer.

8k for that one is far too strong yet though.
    Interslice wrote: »

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1999-toyota-cresta-2-0-beams-with-lexus-engine/24608087

Wild money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Interslice wrote: »

This looks like a far bigger stretch?

It's an Is200 in disguise :pac:

Isn’t the BEAMS engine 4 cylinder?

Or are all the Is200 a 6 cyl BEAMS engine?

Either way, that’s an ugly ass car that looks like a taxi. Can’t see the appeal beyond the mileage.

Isn’t the BEAMS engine 4 cylinder?

Or are all the Is200 a 6 cyl BEAMS engine?

Either way, that’s an ugly ass car that looks like a taxi. Can’t see the appeal beyond the mileage.

Correct Colm!

The 1gfe (2.0 6 cylinder 150bhp) isn't a beams engine, the seller is just probably confused.

The beams is the 4 cyl in the altezza, a different breed altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Correct Colm!

The 1gfe (2.0 6 cylinder 150bhp) isn't a beams engine, the seller is just probably confused.

The beams is the 4 cyl in the altezza, a different breed altogether.

I'm sure it is a beams engine, 1GFE to me was always a beams to me anyway. Didn't it get VVTI before being shoehorned into the Altezza (3sge)?

EDIT: Yeah if you zoom in on the engine pic there it is, "BEAMS 2000".

beams.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm sure it is a beams engine, 1GFE to me was always a beams to me anyway. Didn't it get VVTI before being shoehorned into the Altezza (3sge)?

EDIT: Yeah if you zoom in on the engine pic there it is, "BEAMS 2000".

]

You are right for sure! I was thinking of the blacktop 3sge as 'the beams', which it also is :pac: , and is also by far the most desirable engine for an altezza.

So I guess this is even slower than an IS200 plus it’s auto and looks like a Camry taxi.

Form an orderly queue.

So I guess this is even slower than an IS200 plus it’s auto and looks like a Camry taxi.

Form an orderly queue.

Barely spin a wheel, very little hope of destroying a crossroad anyway :pac:

Form an orderly queue.

It's either a 125 bhp or the 160 bhp as the owner clamis, either way... yawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

3-rd gen: In 1998 was introducted the 3-rd generation with called the 1G-FE BEAMS. This engine used new pistons and connecting rods. This version is equipped with VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing) system on intake camshaft, ACIS (Acoustic Control Induction System) – variation of a Variable Length Intake Manifold system designed by Toyota and electronic throttle body. The output power of this version is 160 PS (118 KW; 158 HP) at 6,200 rpm and 200 Nm (20.4 kg·m; 147.6 ft·lb) at 4,400 rpm of peak torque

https://www.engine-specs.net/toyota/1g-fe.html

Not sure where the beams comes from. I know the is200 4 pot beams is a yamaha design.

The auto box (assuming it’s a 4 speed TC as per IS200) will take away a lot of whatever power it has.

The auto box (assuming it’s a 4 speed TC as per IS200) will take away a lot of whatever power it has.

I drove a few cars like this in NZ with the same engine and box, Vista? Anyway, horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

ZWZjZWE3YmZlM2IyODEwMjljYTNhNTRhZjA2OGQyMGFK-HUZmkrX6zPfk4Iqe_92aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTM2OTAwNDN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-audi-a3-sportback-special-edition-low-mileage/25629102

2006 A3 1.6 €4850 on UK plates
    But it's ok, as it will come vrt'd & taxed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

homer90 wrote: »
    ZWZjZWE3YmZlM2IyODEwMjljYTNhNTRhZjA2OGQyMGFK-HUZmkrX6zPfk4Iqe_92aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTM2OTAwNDN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-audi-a3-sportback-special-edition-low-mileage/25629102

2006 A3 1.6 €4850 on UK plates
    But it's ok, as it will come vrt'd & taxed :pac:

I sold a high spec-full leather-low miles one for 1500, 2 years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭User1998

Wouldn’t mind but its not as if he’s after getting stung with a huge Nox bill, its petrol for god sake

Advertisement