Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

CoBo55 wrote: »
    40K a month!! Sure he has to be good.. Is the tiger back? Celtic that is?

As colm mcm said, he's in 'Merica where you have people who can drop insane money on cars, (but somehow there is also insane poverty).

He makes money from those annoying YouTube ads and sponsorships.

Its the going through the stupid little details of the dash and stuff that makes his videos good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭CoBo55

FillaName wrote: »
    It's all about those annoying YouTube ads and sponsorships.

It's worse they're getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Vittu

Jaysus, would it even be legal to put that on the road again

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Vittu wrote: »

In Ireland it would :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    We have a winner, lads...

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26047006

He’s smoking crack if he thinks he’ll get anywhere close to €42k!

He’s been watching a few too many Doug Demunro videos.

Is this really a legitimate ad?

Has anyone rang him to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,420 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Vittu wrote: »
    In Ireland it would :mad:

Even closing the bonnet will make that look 10 times better. It’s all the other damage like the airbags and dash that probably make it an uneconomical repair. Most of it is the fact that it’s stripped, I don’t think it would be unsafe to repair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭User1998

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I don’t think anyone has fond memories of 90s Astras unless they got a bit of action in the back of one.

I had a 1992 Opel Astra GT, go fast stripes and different hubcaps!!! Lots of room in the back as well!!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

FillaName wrote: »
    Lad I'm afraid you're the numtpy if you are on a car forum and don't know who Doug DeMuro is.

He makes over 40k a month from his YouTube channel reviewing cars. And his reviews are usually pretty good and kinda funny.

Doug is a little too fond of the hyperbole for my liking. Stopped watching his videos ....as everything is insane, the best, the worst...etc.

He never has a video titled...." A fairly decent car...".... Which is the conclusion he inevitably comes to in pretty much all his videos, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

"**NO TIMEWASTERS NO TIMEWASTERS ONLY RING IF YOU CAN READ ADD**"

I wonder would he take €2,200 for it???? :-)

What a fool. Its a 10 yro car with 175k km's on the clock.....I think that must have been the 'for sale' price BEFORE someone crashed it into a bloody wall ..

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Its not actually that badly priced...... 2011 Yaris / Vitz autos are up for north of €6k

Buy that for €2k, even allow another €2k to repair and its still a cheap car.

E36Ross wrote: »
    Its not actually that badly priced...... 2011 Yaris / Vitz autos are up for north of €6k

You'd let your daughter driver that after a DIY repair?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

E36Ross wrote: »

2k wouldn't repair that.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

You'd let your daughter driver that after a DIY repair?

Well no but only because its a Toyota. :p

Seriously though, very hard to judge from the pics. (Although it does look like the passenger door is out so maybe too far gone) but there's stuff like that repaired everyday considering 80% is bolt on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

That Yaris only needs a front panel and repair to the near side valance, also it needs a airbag kit and new dashboard, it’s not the worst but it would be uneconomical for someone to buy and farm out the work. Ideal for a panel beater.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Punto Sportings?

Here is my beautiful example. My first car, bought in 2007.
    It came with stickers up the door, I managed to get some off but the bottom two which are still visible were lacquered over for some reason.
    It had the abarth front bumper, 17s and a noisy exhaust! I loved it :D

522339.png

This caught my eye... Rather the 01 plate, fairly rare Lenso S7's, the colour mirrors (which weren't standard for the Sporting I think) and the obscure sticker on the rear window

I think I had that car at one stage. Got it from a garage in Trim with a blown engine, I shoehorned a Mk1 Punto engine complete into it. Smoothed out the badges/rear lock/wiper and painted over it. Had a lovely twin pipe backbox too. Done other bits and bobs but that's about 11/12 years ago now and I can't remember at this stage. Yeah, I'm getting on in the years :o

Here it is under daily service in 2010, you can kind of make out the number of it and confirm if it was yours beforehand:

528113.jpg

Sold onto another boardsie in 2012 :D

150879_176244019061721_2063447_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I think I had that car at one stage. Got it from a garage in Trim with a blown engine, I shoehorned a Mk1 Punto engine complete into it. Smoothed out the badges/rear lock/wiper and painted over it. Had a lovely twin pipe backbox too. Done other bits and bobs but that's about 11/12 years ago now and I can't remember at this stage. Yeah, I'm getting on in the years :o
    Here it is under daily service in 2010, you can kind of make out the number of it and confirm if it was yours beforehand:
    Sold onto another boardsie in 2012 :D

No way!
    I can confirm it is the same reg. Mad.

I sold it in January 2008 to a young fella

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Is there a way to see if it's still alive? NCT says it was due in March this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭selectamatic

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Is there a way to see if it's still alive? NCT says it was due in March this year

Due date rolls over every year.

This will tell ya the expiry date
    https://www.ncts.ie/1263

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Long dead unfortunately.

Next NCT Due By : Saturday, March 21, 2020
    NCT Certificate Expiry Date : Friday, March 20, 2009
    Valid NCT Certificate : No

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Heh. One of my first cars was a mk1 Punto “GT”.

1.6, 18” wheels, Lexus lights, bodykit.

For a while I thought I was cool...But it was the era of max power.

Yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Am looking at a winter project, and looking around at Mk5 Fiestas. (Was my first car so have some nostalgia for them)

Came across this.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/fiesta/ford-fiesta-1999/21651782

NCT Failure - but not mentioned on what
    Usual rusty arches
    Higher mileage than most

Asking price of €1,000. Very rich for one of these.

I sent the garage an email during the week. Offered €500 (which is still probably too much - but its the exact same spec as my first one - so would pay a bit more). Gave my contact details and offered to pay in full over the phone.

Garage has not even responded to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Tzardine wrote: »
    Am looking at a winter project, and looking around at Mk5 Fiestas. (Was my first car so have some nostalgia for them)

Came across this.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/fiesta/ford-fiesta-1999/21651782

NCT Failure - but not mentioned on what
    Usual rusty arches
    Higher mileage than most

Asking price of €1,000. Very rich for one of these.

I sent the garage an email during the week. Offered €500 (which is still probably too much - but its the exact same spec as my first one - so would pay a bit more). Gave my contact details and offered to pay in full over the phone.

Garage has not even responded to me.

And they won't. Ring them at least. Even better if you land down with €500 in your hand.

And they won't. Ring them at least. Even better if you land down with €500 in your hand.

I hate calling main dealerships. Its a pain in the arse. First you get reception, you get left on hold for ages and then they always say that the salesman is on a call or busy and they will call you back.

There is an email facility on the ad, so I used it.

Ordinarily I would pop into the dealership, but its the other side of the country.

TBH, at €500 I expected that they would be quite quick to accept that offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

I hate calling main dealerships. Its a pain in the arse. First you get reception, you get left on hold for ages and then they always say that the salesman is on a call or busy and they will call you back.

There is an email facility on the ad, so I used it.

Ordinarily I would pop into the dealership, but its the other side of the country.

TBH, at €500 I expected that they would be quite quick to accept that offer.

You must not know Hayes reputation, they will let the car sit and rot rather than take less than the asking price.

Blue850 wrote: »
    You must not know Hayes reputation, they will let the car sit and rot rather than take less than the asking price.

Really ? Yeah I never heard of them.

They will be a long time waiting €1,000 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Not really, it either sells or he crushes it after several months.

Blue850 wrote: »

I believe it's for 'accounting purposes'.

They buy car a ****box in for 1k, Add the ****box to inventory at 1k and advertise the ****box for 1k.

Either sell at loss or let it rot, and use the 1k loss against profits to minimize tax payable.

While in reality, the 1k was just a discount off the new car the ****box driver traded against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

Really ? Yeah I never heard of them.

They had fields full of unsold cars sitting at their original dealership in Portumna

Advertisement