Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

lawred2 wrote: »
    1750 surely..

Even that's pushing it with near 2k road tax
    If you can find me an E46 M3 for €1750, that isn't bent in a hoop, I'll take 3 of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

If it was mint condition and low mileage, it might not be far off, they're really blowing up in price. That one isn't worth nearly as much, needs a full respray by the looks of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Killinator

Looks like someone just saw it while walking parked up and took a few photos before throwing an ad up!!

Astonishing lack of effort

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Here's a low milage one for 13k asking...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e46-m3-2005/23094303
    m3.jpg

Fairly original with long NCT and a lot of work done such as fully polybushed etc.

That one for 17,500 looks ropey as fcuk to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If it was mint condition and low mileage, it might not be far off, they're really blowing up in price. That one isn't worth nearly as much, needs a full respray by the looks of it?

I thought it was wrapped with a matte or semi gloss wrap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Manual M3s are going for mad money 40 - 50k. The smgs are anywhere beween 8 and 24 depending on the colour spec and condition

Interslice wrote: »
    Manual M3s are going for mad money 40 - 50k. The smgs are anywhere beween 8 and 24 depending on the colour spec and condition

Yeah CSL's. You'd get a low milage one with full service history for less than half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Yeah CSL's. You'd get a low milage one with full service history for less than half that.

Was looking at the prices recently. Couldnt find a manual that wasn't a csl. Thought they would be somewhere between the smg a csl price wise

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/lotus-7-style-electric-car/23600970

Is this just a kit body, suspension, etc and an electric motor with a lidl arc welder pigeon-shyte 20mm box frame holding it all together....?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,410 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

dubbrin wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/lotus-7-style-electric-car/23600970

Is this just a kit body, suspension, etc and an electric motor with a lidl arc welder pigeon-shyte 20mm box frame holding it all together....?

Look up the seller.

Anybody remember the Spika/Fintos electric car that was supposed to be coming out in 2019 for €65k, to be built in Ireland? Think they got money from SEAI for this.

Then there was Swift Conposite Prototypes which went bankrupt before this trying to peddle the same thing. Same guy.

There’s a thread here somewhere about it, it was heralded as the new De Lorean by the Times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

I had to stop reading at "unique scissors doors"..... then I saw the Spike itself and I'm afraid some of my soul has been absorbed into the awful matt finish. That yellow yoke doesn't do much to promote Irish hand build electric cars. Bottom shock bolt isn't even threaded onto the nyloc nut ring and the bleed nipple is bushed into the caliper with what looks like PTFE tape. John DeLorean weeps...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There’s a thread here somewhere about it, it was heralded as the new De Lorean by the Times.

They weren't wrong with the comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭coolbeans

marcos_94 wrote: »

I dunno. I think that's very cool and they've got proper old school turbo lag. There's not that much wrong with them mechanically as they're pretty tough. You'll do well to find a comparable one. My favourite Punto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

At least 3k overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭coolbeans

At least 3k overpriced.

Probably yes but it looks to be totally mint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

It does but for me, it's the same price as a 2012 Abarth 500. Similar idea, but newer and no doubt better in every way.

Not denying it's not a good car, looks absolutely savage. But there's a lot of fun cars in that price bracket both new and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I have bought a car from Deane Motors, and got a good discount on the asking price. The Punto would be the same.

In saying that, I dont think he is too far off with the price of that Punto.

Its a rare car, massively so in that condition, and it will appeal to a lot of people in the 30's.

Tzardine wrote: »

Its a rare car, massively so in that condition, and it will appeal to a lot of people in the 30's.

Only 10 years to go so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I had one before and it was easily my favourite car, if this was a Gt3 in light blue in this condition I'd buy it in a heart beat.
    Edit:
    When I say one, I mean 3 and a Hgt :P

The Mk2 Punto HGT is the most disappointing car of its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I always had a soft spot for that gen punto

I had two gen1 puntos and they’re both up there with the worst cars I’ve ever owned. Had a boring 1.7 diesel one that thought it was a 5.8 V8 the amount of diesel it went through and I had a UK import 1.6 petrol... which was fairly rare... but still terrible.

Had a Mk2 new and loved it.

The thing that needs to be remembered is that the competition to the Punto was largely old fashioned, small and boring. The Mk1 Punto was revolutionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

'Literary' the best......'sowing machine quiet' .....'animal to go'.....would these lads ever pretend at least to be grown up....depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

He’s doing something right anyway, he sells and deals in some serious stock

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Tad bit over priced but that is in serious good condition.

Had 3 of them 10 years ago. Shouldn’t of sold them seeing this ad.

Not your average punto for people that don’t no about the gt.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Was there not a bigger lump in her more so then a 1.4 could have sworn was....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Was there not a bigger lump in her more so then a 1.4 could have sworn was....
    The Gt was a 1.4 8valve turbo, the mk2 hgt was a 1.8 16valve NA.

Advertisement