Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Eoinbmw wrote: »

100%

€950 is about what it’s worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

This is a very good reliable Car with no issues.
    This is a real drivers Car with great performance and power

after reading this Im 100% sure its 9500 and not a typo :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Carpentry wrote: »

Oh its definitely not a typo. They really do think its worth €9500

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭jmreire

Maybe he does not want to sell it...and that the reason for the impossible price tag? Could be division of property due to divorce or some similar situation ?
    I will say one thing for it, that interior is really something else to look at.Italian design showing through every inch of it. Pity that they don't have such a good reputation here in Ireland , at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

I also reckon it's his price and not a typo. Stunning car, I like estates and I'd love it but that price is crazy.

• Advertisement

.red. wrote: »
    I also reckon it's his price and not a typo. Stunning car, I like estates and I'd love it but that price is crazy.

Just as a matter of interest, I wonder what that car would have cost to buy new back in 2006?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I was selling Alfa in 2006. Iirc, the 159 started at €32k so add a bit for the estate. That's the base model

I was selling Alfa in 2006. Iirc, the 159 started at €32k so add a bit for the estate. That's the base model

WOW,,, back in 2006, that was a lot of money to pay for a car...and the base model at that. So while I don't think that anyone will pay it,( but again, you never know ) you can understand the owners expectations. The true value of anything is what people are prepared to pay for it. And it looks to be in VGC, and as for the interior.....:rolleyes: What kind of price would you put on it, CharlieCroker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

If that's really 9500 that it's probably the best/most deluded I've seen in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭pah

No way it's worth a cent over 3k, and that's pushing it IMO

• Advertisement

pah wrote: »
    No way it's worth a cent over 3k, and that's pushing it IMO

You'd get a 2008/9 for that.

It's worth a grand.

You'd get a 2008/9 for that.

It's worth a grand.

At a grand, or even 2 at a push, it would be a good buy. You could take a chance with it at that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

jmreire wrote: »
    At a grand, or even 2 at a push, it would be a good buy. You could take a chance with it at that kind of money.
    No Leather either!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

jmreire wrote: »
    WOW,,, back in 2006, that was a lot of money to pay for a car...and the base model at that. So while I don't think that anyone will pay it,( but again, you never know ) you can understand the owners expectations. The true value of anything is what people are prepared to pay for it. And it looks to be in VGC, and as for the interior.....:rolleyes: What kind of price would you put on it, CharlieCroker?

€32k could've been the diesel.

The original petrols in them weren't particularly good. They got rid of the traditional twinspark (even though they were badged jts) and went with GM engines. That 1.8 is 140bhp, not 160 as claimed. That was the 2.2.

The best one to get from that era for bangernomics money is 1.9 jtdm Sportivo 150bhp. Remap would have it to 180bhp without too much difficulty.

My money would be on a 1750TB in Ti spec but they still make very strong money.

That particular one is €1200-1500 max, even with the low miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

2.5k is seriously overpriced as it is, with nct nearly out.
    But the fact that it's advertised as having 150k km when the nct cert in one of the pictures shows 132k miles is the kicker.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-toyota-rav-4/23223520

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

terrydel wrote: »
    But the fact that it's advertised as having 150k km when the nct cert in one of the pictures shows 132k miles is the kicker.

Im getting vertigo looking at the add!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Dodgy out with the mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Could easily have just been a mistake and not clicked miles instead of kms

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Clocks are in miles as it’s a UK import. No big deal.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Could easily have just been a mistake and not clicked miles instead of kms

132k miles on nct, 150k km claimed on ad.
    Bit more than clicking the wrong unit of measurement.

• Advertisement

It’s not that hard upload photos the right way up. That drives me absolutely mental. People also screenshoting their pictures that were taken in landscape and are now in portrait with massive black borders top and bottom is also a personal hate.

There’s definitely a market out there for a new website for cars that allows you upload HIGH RES pics of the car. The amount of cars I’ve seen on donedeal that look immaculate and are in fact dirtboxes in real life is mental. Donedeals pictures are pathetically small as is.

Rant over.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Clocks are in miles as it’s a UK import. No big deal.

The ad claims 150k in kms, the cert says 132k miles.
    So he's fibbing on the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The ad claims 150k in kms, the cert says 132k miles.
    So he's fibbing on the ad.
    Cert is from a year ago

150k miles now, 132 on the cert a year ago.

What’s the mystery?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

132k miles on nct, 150k km claimed on ad.
    Bit more than clicking the wrong unit of measurement.

When placing an ad you have to change it to miles. The seller would hardly be that stupid to post a photo of the nct cert with the mileage at 132k and then claim in the ad the car has 40k less miles

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Cert is from a year ago

150k miles now, 132 on the cert a year ago.

What’s the mystery?

I've an email from him saying a couple of thousand miles since last test, it doesn't add up. How hard is it to type in correct figures.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    When placing an ad you have to change it to miles. The seller would hardly be that stupid to post a photo of the nct cert with the mileage at 132k and then claim in the ad the car has 40k less miles

You'd be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

People putting mileage in as "100km" instead of "100,000km" is completely disingenuous and is simply to deceive and bypass filters that people place when searching for cars. I immediately scroll past any ad like this as it is a red flag in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

BMW 3-Series Touring 335, 2009, €14 950 - NOT A TYPO

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-touring-335-2009/23167534

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

BMW 3-Series Touring 335, 2009, €14 950 - NOT A TYPO

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-touring-335-2009/23167534

Thats not crazy money. Go find another 335i or d touring in Ireland or the UK for less with that mileage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

marcos_94 wrote: »
    Thats not crazy money. Go find another 335i or d touring in Ireland or the UK for less with that mileage plus it's not a M Sport and it's a Ex UK car.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808179584897?atmobcid=soc3

Download the app to find your perfect car.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.autotrader.androidconsumersearch&referrer=utm_source%3DApp%2520Share

This is the nearest i could find but i can't see the mileage being genuine on the one above.

Advertisement