Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

Is this guy actually selling these cars???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Is this guy actually selling these cars???

I think most sell but I've seen a good few price reductions. I think that's advertised at almost double it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That Carina owner has it a long long time, also has or had a white GTI too. It really is in amazing shape.

But no. I’d never pay that for it. Not even half of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

That Carina owner has it a long long time, also has or had a white GTI too. It really is in amazing shape.

But no. I’d never pay that for it. Not even half of that.

There was a caldina turbo sold for a fair bit less than the asking (4.5k asking price i think?) of that carina gti recently, hard to see the gti being worth more than the 4wd turbo wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Gimp alloys and stretched tyres. WHY, oh WHY?

Nice set of alloys and non stretched tyres and you have yourself a nice car. I still don't think it would be worth 6 grand though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

There was a caldina turbo sold for a fair bit less than the asking (4.5k asking price i think?) of that carina gti recently, hard to see the gti being worth more than the 4wd turbo wagon
    Yea but Caldinas don't have much of a following in Ireland, wheras Carinas are sort of "cult".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

millington wrote: »
    Yea but Caldinas don't have much of a following in Ireland, wheras Carinas are sort of "cult".

Oh I know the carina would be the one, was just poking at the idea that it's not the 3sge powered carina that has all the grá, the cult following is more based around the diesel & the lane burn.

A mint example of a dandable 2.0 diesel would ignite flames of passion across the country, possibly more than the gti

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A great honour for Liam Byrne to have an engine named after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0TH3W9i3Gj

OJ9S3Xr.png

This guy is known for optimistic pricing but usually backs it up with rare, unique stock.
    €24k for a 22 year old 4 cylinder, I know W124's have a following but I think this has another decade before it would be worth half that. Here's one for £8k (admittedly with double the mileage) and I still think that's crazy money
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201905238257191

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭selectamatic

20190725-122030.png

For sale on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

selecatic wrote: »
    ]

For sale on Facebook.

Wonder what color is written in logbook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

If I was in the market for a Micra I'd love that but not for €2.2k!

Funny enough, local to that area Richie Kavanagh has a Polo Harlequin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Carpentry wrote: »
    Wonder what color is written in logbook

NCT site has it as red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Funny enough, local to that area Richie Kavanagh has a Polo Harlequin.

He also has a top spec mark 2 rally car

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

Please tell me this 13 year old, 1300 euro a year to tax Focus for 15k has been posted before?

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/ford/focus/used-2006-ford-focus-st-2-5-modif-dublin-fpa-201807268806663

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

username?! wrote: »
    Please tell me this 13 year old, 1300 euro a year to tax Focus for 15k has been posted before?

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/ford/focus/used-2006-ford-focus-st-2-5-modif-dublin-fpa-201807268806663

So much to love in that Ad:

"There is no end to the amount of work done to this vehicle... Cloth seat upholstery with additional cloth... windscreen wipers."

CrankyHaus wrote: »

"There is no end to the amount of work done to this vehicle... Cloth seat upholstery with additional cloth... windscreen wipers."

Those look like specs from Jato and not something that was manually filled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

CrankyHaus wrote: »

And 'indicators ' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

username?! wrote: »

I remember somebody on here selling one a few years ago and he could hardly give it away.. think tax was a killer

• Advertisement

At least that one is turbocharged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Never knew until recently that them Focus were at the higher end of the 2.5 tax bracket. Always assumed they were €1080 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

And with 2 litre turbo performance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Never knew until recently that them Focus were at the higher end of the 2.5 tax bracket. Always assumed they were €1080 a year.

2588cc I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

And with 2 litre turbo performance.

2006 was a while ago man.

We had turbos back then too to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

If I'm correct the s60 and v70 t5s of the time still produced more power ? +260bhp ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yeah they're mad tax. There's a guy in my apartment block with one, but it's utterly battered. Not a single body panel without damage, wheels are shredded, and the turbos clearly blown on it by the sound of it. I wonder why he still drives the thing at that tax rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Marked as sold on DD.

If anyone knows the seller I'd be very interested to hear what he got for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Nowhere near his asking price I'm sure. Someone must have talked some sense into him.

Advertisement