Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

ODQzMTZhYzJhMmYzM2Y5ZmYwODAxN2ZlN2UxOGJmMzOWTJvfArLh1J6YO4QjcOLjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjY4Nzk5MTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-1-8i-vtec-type-s-sport-3dr-with-pan-r/22203548

Meaning to post this one for a while.

Great car, great engine, great mileage but main dealer or not its taking the piss. One with a few thousand more miles can be got for probably half the price if not less.

I remember when I bought my Civic from Honda in Tipperary last year seeing similar examples for a few grand more from Clonskeagh Motors.

Off the scale overpriced, worth less than half that even in such great condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

homer90 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what do you think is the true value of it? Assuming its in as good of order as the seller describes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

" I'm not giving this car away for peanuts so don't waste my time & yours "

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

PsychoPete wrote: »

I'd be embarrassed to show my reg # too. Some fellas wrote less in college than that description.

• Advertisement

" I'm not giving this car away for peanuts so don't waste my time & yours "

Lol

He probably knows you actually couldn't give those cars away

He's pricing in the wheelchair adaptions?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Out of curiosity what do you think is the true value of it? Assuming its in as good of order as the seller describes.

It’s more a €4K car. €6k max from a main dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

For someone who really wants a great example of that car and is willing to pay a premium for it 5K.

Otherwise 4 to 4.5k

What wheelchair adaptions ?? he goes out of his way to say there aren't any.

• Advertisement

knipex wrote: »

Yeah,they were in the 2nd chapter :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

He's pricing in sentimental value!

I completely misread his rambling essay. I blame the Garbage concert last night (and partaking in some quality beverages)

dmc17 wrote: »
    He's pricing in sentimental value!

He is pricing in fantasy..

He is looking a cars with similar mileage and seeing what they are getting and ignoring that its a 12 year old car, that's been discontinued and wasn't very popular to start with..

If he gets 2K he should bite their arm off but I suspect he is the kind of guy would would leave it sit in a shed than sell it for 2k..

He is pricing in fantasy..

He is looking a cars with similar mileage and seeing what they are getting and ignoring that its a 12 year old car, that's been discontinued and wasn't very popular to start with..

If he gets 2K he should bite their arm off but I suspect he is the kind of guy would would leave it sit in a shed than sell it for 2k..

They are still available in Europe alright, but some of them were around 40k when they came out. Nobody in there right mind would spend 10k on a Renault of that era

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I'm not sure that Espace has any wheelchair adaptions. Those tie downs can be made to fit the existing tracks so you just pop back in the seats.

In short you're buying a 7 seater that just so happened to carry a wheelchair user.

He hasn't even made it clear whether he's giving the ramps and tie downs with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

2007 Vw Touareg, bargain at €12 990

ZmYxOGZmYjBkZjhmYmU4MzI2YWEyNDM5OWY3NzhhMjMwd5HcRCLCteWY1DEP-2KQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjcxMzE1ODJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/touareg/22237339

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

"Purchased this vehicle in England 3 months ago" and never bothered to VRT it so now you can.

Edit: Also did he park in a handicapped space for that photo? Really makes me think he's an honest bloke I can trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    "Purchased this vehicle in England 3 months ago" and never bothered to VRT it so now you can.

And pay a massive fine to go along with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Carpentry wrote: »
    2007 Vw Touareg, bargain at €12 990

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/touareg/22237339
    Genuine vehicle - doe'd 3 months ago - but photographed with UK plates? If its genuine lets see what it looks like now with its Irish plates. And if it's doe'd (which is actually CVRT now) is it a 2 seater or a crew-cab?

Whole lot of waffle, but not a lot of actual useful information. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Big piece of sh!t imo... Who will VRT that thing and end up paying pre 2008 tax on it ? Scrap it, that's the best thing for it.

Owned by a diplomat ? More then likely it wasn't, not that it makes it better if it was. He probably thinks it sounds better to just say this.

His story screams of "WTF did I get myself into buying this thing, I need to get rid of it fast and recoup my losses".

Top Dog wrote: »
    Genuine vehicle - doe'd 3 months ago - but photographed with UK plates? If its genuine lets see what it looks like now with its Irish plates. And if it's doe'd (which is actually CVRT now) is it a 2 seater or a crew-cab?

Whole lot of waffle, but not a lot of actual useful information. :rolleyes:

He bought it 3 months ago, says it was DOEd (I’d read MOTD from that) 4 months ago and the ad says it’s registered in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-carina-e-gti/22505931

ZDhlYjRjYTRmNWYxZDYzZWY0OTRlNWY3OWI4NzIwZDL2f4lQL-u1LAr2MLYsW2pkaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjkwOTAyNjd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is lovely, but is it near 7 grands worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Jesus I don't know, I think the right buyer may be out there for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

millington wrote: »
    Jesus I don't know, I think the right buyer may be out there for that.

Probably is for sure, either way hard to value it.

Fanboy here and all but would nearly want a bit of a resto for that money, not just a spray and new wheels.

The quality of the respray is critical.

You're all welcome to it lads.
    Other than a work horse I NEVER got the Carina love

colm_mcm wrote: »
    He bought it 3 months ago, says it was DOEd (I’d read MOTD from that) 4 months ago and the ad says it’s registered in the uk.

Was DOE'd ABOUT 3 months ago . Was serviced ABOUT 4 months ago. What a tin roofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It's at least a 5k car going by the pics so depending on what it's like in the flesh it could get very close to that asking price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Advertisement