Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

He's so close to having the highest grossing movie of all time, he can almost taste it.....

Highest-grossing films
    Rank Peak Title Worldwide gross Year
    1 1 Avatar $2,787,965,087 2009
    2 2 Avengers: Endgame film currently playing $2,743,413,993 2019
    3 1 Titanic $2,187,463,944 1997

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I think it will fall short. what is it now, 9 weeks since its release? Another 45m is a huge gap for a film out this long. even with the release of Once Upon an Endgame, I don't see it hitting those numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

He's so close to having the highest grossing movie of all time, he can almost taste it.....

Highest-grossing films
    Rank Peak Title Worldwide gross Year
    1 1 Avatar $2,787,965,087 2009
    2 2 Avengers: Endgame film currently playing $2,743,413,993 2019
    3 1 Titanic $2,187,463,944 1997

My friend's movie here is gonna beat Avatar....
    So+close+i+think+i+can+make+it_e2b389_4442472.gif

I reckon they are gonna re-release it alright. Just to get it over that magic 3Billion number (Remember the shock when Jurassic Park made ONE Billion?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Delighted to hear it’s being rereleased. It deserves to take down Avatar.
    We all wish something would let’s be honest.

It’s so close it should sail past it easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Any idea how much footage ? I suppose I could see it a third time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,033 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Annoying it's not getting the same release outside of the US.

assume the bluray release will mirror it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Most likely a discussion for another thread but fook it. What way are the totals made up? How late can you re-release and have it as part of the numbers?

If avatar was released again and did 500m would it go on the total? Like the recent saving private Ryan , doe sthat go on to the total figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,033 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Most likely a discussion for another thread but fook it. What way are the totals made up? How late can you re-release and have it as part of the numbers?

If avatar was released again and did 500m would it go on the total? Like the recent saving private Ryan , doe sthat go on to the total figures?

The avatar number is already including a re release the same as avengers is getting. So I assume it is lifetime numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

The box office from when Avatar was rereleased back in 2010 with the additional footage, is included in the total amount that endgame is trying to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Calhoun wrote: »
    Any idea how much footage ? I suppose I could see it a third time.

Barely anything, a deleted scene, a tribute, and some “extra surprises”.
    Not even a post credit scene, or a prequel to phase 4.

It wouldn't make me spend the price of another cinema ticket, or spend 3 hours back in a cinema seat.

although, I did regret not watching it in IMax 3D first time around...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

It does smack of being a move designed to get them past that final hurdle to beat Avatar, but what the hell, they can have my money again. Comic book films used to be low budget rubbish and it's good to finally see them ascend.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not even a post credit scene,

Personally I'd be happy about that tbh. Thats better left alone. Anything added can be stuck in before or within the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They better stick me in that extra scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So did anyone see the re release ??

What was the extra stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

PTH2009 wrote: »

What was the extra stuff

A brief intro from one of the directors, and after the credits, we got an unfinished deleted scene, a tribute to Stan Lee that comprised of clips from previous interviews and behind the scenes footage, and a clip from Spider-Man: Far From Home. Nothing within the actual move as far as I could remember.

It's worth going to if you want to rewatch the film or missed if the first time. Definitely not worth going just to see the additional material, most of which is likely to released by Marvel online at some point or as material on blu-ray/DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

those extra scenes are already on youtube, after watching it... definitely doesn't justify paying to see it again

Quick question. I heard this mentioned on Kevin smiths podcast but I was glad it wasn’t just me.

If Loki grabs that stone in endgame and bails out into another universe (this the premise of the tv show they’re making apprently)

Does he not go into a parallel universe with another Loki in it? And doesn’t that change what happens next?
    And how can Loki face or trust himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

PTH2009 wrote: »

What was the extra stuff

I went to see in in Omniplex with my nephew yesterday and there was a nice Stan Lee tribute and an unfinished scene with Professor Hulk
    saving people from a burning building by putting them into the satellite dish

Apart from that it wasn't worth going to see it again in the cinema and we didn't even get the free poster that some cinema's were giving away on attendance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Quick question. I heard this mentioned on Kevin smiths podcast but I was glad it wasn’t just me.

If Loki grabs that stone in endgame and bails out into another universe (this the premise of the tv show they’re making apprently)

Does he not go into a parallel universe with another Loki in it? And doesn’t that change what happens next?
    And how can Loki face or trust himself?
    Time travel stuff makes my head hurt but I'll give my 2cents on it anyway!
    I think when he escaped he created a new timeline in which there is only 1 Loki. When Captain America travels back in time with all the infinity stones, the space stone he had wasn't the same one Loki had because of the new timeline. So Loki is now in a new timeline with the space stone and I guess that will be the focus of the tv show

Autecher wrote: »
    Time travel stuff makes my head hurt but I'll give my 2cents on it anyway!
    I think when he escaped he created a new timeline in which there is only 1 Loki. When Captain America travels back in time with all the infinity stones, the space stone he had wasn't the same one Loki had because of the new timeline. So Loki is now in a new timeline with the space stone and I guess that will be the focus of the tv show

That makes sense thank you :)
    Yeah the time travel thing can be so confusing.
    Timey wimey bendy wendy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Cotts72 wrote: »
    those extra scenes are already on youtube, after watching it... definitely doesn't justify paying to see it again

Loved endgame, loved pretty much all of the Marvel films, delighted there's going to be a lot more marvel films in the future but this is a cheap and cynical way to get to No.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Greyfox wrote: »
    Loved endgame, loved pretty much all of the Marvel films, delighted there's going to be a lot more marvel films in the future but this is a cheap and cynical way to get to No.1.
    Also how Avatar did it.
    In fact, didn't they re-release it more than once?

Greyfox wrote: »

Following the model set by Avatar. Which had several cinematic releases with extra footage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

This re-release has really been very low key. It probably isn’t too surprising given how much effort/money it would take to make noise during the summer. Can see them doing it again with actual extra footage in the relatively big gap before the next MCU movie and when there is less competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Yeah, definitely. I think this release was just a set up to give the actual re-release a better chance of beating Avatar. Iirc there’s a bunch of stuff they cut out, like Katherine Langford’s part. A movie of this scale and length is sure to have a lot of fat left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Given that Disney now own the rights to Avatar and have the control of any re-release, I presume that there won’t be another attempt to regain top spot unless demand for comic book movies completely fall away and they want to hype up Avatar sequels.

$21.7m away from toppling Avatar to become King of the box office.

Disney will leave it out there now till it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

inflation adjusted?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Well then Gone with the Wind will never be caught.

Endgame is $36m behind Avatar inflation adjusted and neither get into the top 10 films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I think I looked into it earlier in this thread or another and it would be something like an extra billion to catch gone with the wind

Advertisement