Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New RTE Player

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just seen the full RTÉ Player has been added to the list of apps on sky Q … any idea when this was added?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Came up on my box Monday pal but honestly could have been there a few days or even a week or so prior.

Very good picture quality

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

What extra is available on the RTE Player app that has been added to Q, compared to the version of RTE Player that was already available on Sky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

its now not just a catch up service but the full RTÉ Player - full series, live tv etc.

I also notice that RTE News appears to be in HD via the player .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sheehan6023

"Maybe I enjoy the misery!"

~ RTE Player, 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Wish they’d have live content on the RTÈ player via smart tv apps!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There will be Womens World Cup games on it so it would be bad form of RTÉ if they don't make those live streams available on smart televisions.

I read an article back in January, that RTE hoped to have live channels on the smart TV apps sometime this year, but I suspect they have other things on their minds now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭waywill1966

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

A new plague from RTE Player…

I know I’ve mentioned about the pre-roll adverts on live streams a few times. Not sure if it’s just me, but in the last week or two, the RTE Player seems to have started interrupting live programmes with adverts.

In so far as I can detect a pattern, I’m wondering if it’s a case of programmes running over or under schedule and the automation being set to trigger ads being inserted where the ad breaks should be but not being manually adjusted to take account of the over or under run. For example it just cut off the end of the post Six One weather forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That makes it absolutely useless for live viewing so. Bravo RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭geographica

Rip the whole thing up and start again, it’s complete crap

During live tv they put up a “resumes shortly” message and poxy music instead of having ads - for a station that claims to be forever broke they don’t even have ads during this time

It would drive you insane. I can’t decide if the RTE One or 2 break filler is worse, they are both different types of annoying.

It has been my main method of viewing live RTE since I dumped Sky a few months ago and it’s ironically the one thing that would send me right back to them. No rooftop aerial for Saorview and don’t plan on investing in one at this point (I’ve tried a set top before with quite limited success).

Missed most of the post Nine O’Clock News weather forecast last night thanks to wrongly timed inserted adverts again. This thing would seriously drive you daft.

Advertisement