Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Speaker Connolly for the Close Brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Motivator

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Ireland v England this year? The one week break last month shouldn’t affect English horses too much but it’s very hard to tell. Willie is taking a smaller team than usual this year but Gordon thinks he has a chance of beating last year’s total of 8 winners. I don’t doubt that ireland will have more winners but a lot of people I’ve spoken to seem to think Ireland will win every race.

It’s very difficult to focus in on any English horses that have an outstanding chance. I think Beuveur D’Air will win the Champion Hurdle and they’ll pick up a few handicaps but I’m finding it difficult to get a proper angle on the English horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

Motivator wrote: »
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on Ireland v England this year? The one week break last month shouldn’t affect English horses too much but it’s very hard to tell. Willie is taking a smaller team than usual this year but Gordon thinks he has a chance of beating last year’s total of 8 winners. I don’t doubt that ireland will have more winners but a lot of people I’ve spoken to seem to think Ireland will win every race.

It’s very difficult to focus in on any English horses that have an outstanding chance. I think Beuveur D’Air will win the Champion Hurdle and they’ll pick up a few handicaps but I’m finding it difficult to get a proper angle on the English horses.

Even when we have been doing well the last few years there is little to nothing in the amount of races won. I seen England can be bet at 7/4 to win it. I think you could have a lot worse bets during the week than that.

Just looking at the favorites on Oddschecker right now. England have 15 favs vs Ireland 13. Id have to dig into the next few in each of the markets but tbh i see absolutely no reason why it is not a 50:50 bet. Barring a draw of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Ireland v England this year? .

I would say the Welsh and Scottish trainers might have something to say about above, but I know what you mean.;)

I think the Paul Nicholls yard is flying. I am going to back his runners fairly blindly. It looks to me like Nicky Henderson is on the bottle again, so who knows what is happening there. I don't think either Willie Mullins or Gordon Elliott are having a stonking year either. The main reason for that is that Joseph O'Brien is lashing in the winners, I will be backing his runners also. I think some of the leading British trainers have being scared off ( Greatrex seems to be targeting Aintree this year ). Philip Hobbs should have a few winners, his yard seems to be out of the slump it was in last year.

It wasn't that many years ago that Ireland would be happy with 5 or 6 winners, in fairness we have had it really good the last 4 -5 years. The Brits know how to get one right for the handicaps also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I stonewall GUARANTEE you Buveau D'air will NOT win champion hurdle.

Guarantee!

ROGER KNOWS !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Guarantee!

ROGER KNOWS !

were you chatting him rodge ?

said he didnt fancy it 3 years running?

akelly02 wrote: »
    were you chatting him rodge ?

said he didnt fancy it 3 years running?

Vautour appeared to me in a dream last night AK.
    Told me 2 things
    1. BD won't win CH
    2. Everton will beat Liverpool

VAUTOUR KNOWS

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Buveur D'air will destroy the 2 mares.

Told me 2 things
    1. BD won't win CH

VAUTOUR KNOWS

i hope hes right about half if it

Altior might have a squeak in the champion chase maybe?

There's a fair amount of doublethink on here come Cheltenham time, every Irish horse can't be beat, the English have nothing etc.

It will be close enough. If anything I would say the English are stronger in the novice events than they usually are. The fact that the supposed irish banker isn't going off until Friday morning tells you everything you need to know.

• Advertisement

Closer it gets to day 1 I am starting to think about kalashnikov for the arkle. If as reported defil is staying in jlt then this opens the arkle right up for one of lalor, Glen Forsa or murphys yoke who ran relatively well last year just nabbed at the line.
    Classy sort and not much to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I think the English should be about 1/2 this year. Not many huge irish certainties, apart for Apples Jade :rolleyes:

Jeez just looked and UK are 7/4. Id Pile on if i was bothered with that kind of price.

Ill probably add that to a multiple or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

I think they were 5/2 around christmas time, they will win most of the handicaps now after the weights came out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Told me 2 things
    1. BD won't win CH

VAUTOUR KNOWS
    Talking pony Roger

Closer it gets to day 1 I am starting to think about kalashnikov for the arkle. If as reported defil is staying in jlt then this opens the arkle right up for one of lalor, Glen Forsa or murphys yoke who ran relatively well last year just nabbed at the line.
    Classy sort and not much to beat

He was beaten out of sight by glen forsa rodge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

And Lalor thru dynamite dollars

He was but wasn't he just after his shots I heard? Can't have that as his true form

He was but wasn't he just after his shots I heard? Can't have that as his true form

what about kempton then?

dynamite dollars had no bother with him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Guarantee!

ROGER KNOWS !

End of the day defending champ going for a historic 3 in a row. It's the bar and well done to any nag that puts BD away.

I'll be delighted to get a decent price on him on the day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Looked like he was after been shot alright Roger. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The Mig wrote: »
    Talking pony Roger

Absurd really. It's the mad house in the antepost thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Kalashikov will be a different proposition on a left handed course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Kalashikov will be a different proposition on a left handed course

He’s too slow a jumper, save your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

too late......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Don’t forget it was a shocking supreme last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Think the Arkle will be one of those races where a pig outsider will win. Very poor race. Someone like Mengli Khan could end up thriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Don’t forget it was a shocking supreme last year.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The RSA and the Arkle are absolute dross this year

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭famagusta

Angliru wrote:
    Think the Arkle will be one of those races where a pig outsider will win. Very poor race. Someone like Mengli Khan could end up thriving.

I'll be 4k up when Articulum wins !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Angliru wrote: »

Knocknannus

Advertisement