Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Zappi charge points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

JohnC. wrote: »
    While researching charge points, mainly through this forum (thanks guys!), one of the points is seeing if the main fuse is 63A. Mine is, except there's actually 2 63A main fuses on the board. I take it this isn't normal as people always seem to mention it in singular, not plural? There's also another board out in the garage with another 63A main fuse.

If you had two feeds coming in you'd have two bills. If you had an upgraded feed you'd have an 80A fuse.

That's unless you have three phase? I presume you're paying for standard single phase 63A?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

anybody know if the gen 2 zappi is released yet.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

daheff wrote: »
    anybody know if the gen 2 zappi is released yet.?

The website says it's available from July for pre-orders but we've seen their dates slip a few times already.

ethernet wrote: »
    The website says it's available from July for pre-orders but we've seen their dates slip a few times already.

yeah it was april...then may...then june...wonder whether they are pushing it out to sell off old stock first or if there are problems with it.

i want it as its untethered & is suited for solar panels. Although at this stage if somebody can recommend an alternative then I'm all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

daheff wrote: »
    yeah it was april...then may...then june...wonder whether they are pushing it out to sell off old stock first or if there are problems with it.

i want it as its untethered & is suited for solar panels. Although at this stage if somebody can recommend an alternative then I'm all ears.

Electric autos say their current stock is all that’s left.

Personally I love my gen 1. No putting wet cables into the boot. No fiddling about. Pull up and plug in.

When I get a car with a Type 2 cable I’ll just swap the whole cable over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,841 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I use untethered, but with a permanently plugged in cable that terminates right beside the charge point in my car. Literally takes me 5 seconds from getting out of the car, plugging in cable and locking the car (so it will charge once night rate kicks in). Lot to say for the convenience of not having to get your car cable in and out of the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

unkel wrote: »
    I use untethered, but with a permanently plugged in cable that terminates right beside the charge point in my car. Literally takes me 5 seconds from getting out of the car, plugging in cable and locking the car (so it will charge once night rate kicks in). Lot to say for the convenience of not having to get your car cable in and out of the boot.

5 seconds?

Get out of the car, grab the cable, go to the charge port, say fuck, put the cable back, go back into the car, open the charge port door, grab the cable, plug it in and lock the car.

Impressive. :p

5 seconds?

Get out of the car, grab the cable, go to the charge port, say fuck, put the cable back, go back into the car, open the charge port door, grab the cable, plug it in and lock the car.

Impressive. :p

Open the charge port door from inside the car? Like a savage?

(laughs in Outlander)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Latest from myenergi:
    The v2 zappi's are going into production next week, and the first batch will leave the warehouse the following week.

Any new orders placed have a 10-12 week lead time as we have over 1,000 pre-orders to build.

thos wrote: »
    Latest from myenergi:

my installer already has a pre-order. good to know i'll finally be getting a fixed point rather than having to use a portable charger!:)

• Advertisement

Zappi installed today! Happy out, need to play with the settings a little for my solar setup and ECO+ modes, but tidy install. Works great.

Gen1, so cheaper than the newer one, but still just as good (better really if you consider the price!).

Small issue with the Zappi last night in that it only delivered 7A / 1.6kw to the car on it's Boost Timer, as opposed to the full 32A / 7kw it gets on Fast charge. Rang MyEngergi this morning, talked it through, tested it again on the phone, and looks like a firmware issue. They were going to send me out a loaner Hub to upgrade the firmware, but I had a Hub on order, so they've prioritised that shipping and should be here early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hi all,

Anybody have any trouble getting their hub to connect to MyEnergi's server?

Mine has a red light, constantly. Probably need to open some port for the hub.

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Mine didn’t like auto negotiating in a gigabit switch port, it worked better in a 10/100 port on another switch I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just did a hard reset of the hub, started from scratch and now I have the app up and running. Looks pretty nifty and it feedback is instantaneous.

Knowledge is power :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

I have a Zappi (1) original with 2 CT clamps wired all the way to the charger.

I was thinking of getting the hub so that I could use the app. I havn't been able to make out if I can just plug in the hub to my router, do the setup and update and pairing etc, and expect to be able to connect to the app and get all the functionality that it gives. Is there any need to fit Harveys or anything else like that?

davidod1 wrote: »

I was thinking of getting the hub so that I could use the app. I havn't been able to make out if I can just plug in the hub to my router, do the setup and update and pairing etc, and expect to be able to connect to the app and get all the functionality that it gives. Is there any need to fit Harveys or anything else like that?

My understanding is you can just plug and play. At least once you have your firmware up to date. Instructions here: https://myenergi.info/instructions-for-updating-firmware-on-hub-zappi-an-t218.html

Thanks for that Stimpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭zg3409

davidod1 wrote: »

It is a multi stage set up process and setting you had before can get lost. Make a note of setting such as grid limit, CT clamps setup.

You do not need a harvi.

You connect the hub using a wired cable to the internet. Wait for it to set itself up. Then you update the hub. Then you link hub to Zappi, update Zappi which can take 20 minutes. The hub worked out about 150 euro and the app is really basic and only shows simple information in a picture format. The software update actually had a bug, which they only found after I found it. So beware.

zg3409 wrote: »
    It is a multi stage set up process and setting you had before can get lost. Make a note of setting such as grid limit, CT clamps setup.

Thanks for pointing out the issue on lost settings. I suppose it is likely to happen if you're updating the firmware. Everything is working perfectly at the moment, so I don't want to break it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

zg3409 wrote: »
    The hub worked out about 150 euro and the app is really basic and only shows simple information in a picture format...

So, is that fancy flow diagram all the hub does?

Are there no other benefits? e.g Remote configuration? etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

KCross wrote: »

AFAIK the only way to update the firmware on a Zappi is via the hub - very happy to be corrected on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

The app does offer a few other features such as priority of charging, setting charge mode (Fast, Eco, Eco+) and it's corresponding settings like Manual, Smart and Timed. The app also provides useful information including status of charging, how many kWh charged and graphical history.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

handofdog wrote: »
    AFAIK the only way to update the firmware on a Zappi is via the hub - very happy to be corrected on this!

It is. And they'll send you out a loaner hub free of charge to update your firmware, then you can play around with the app. They give you a pre-addressed envelope to send the hub back to them, they send a courier to collect it I think.

But they also give you the opportunity to keep the loaner hub for a discount price, which is a handy way to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭zg3409

The flow diagram is not much use to me as I do not have solar.
    As others have said, from anywhere in the world you can change from fast to eco to eco+. You can view the kWh used to charge the car in any easy number format e.g. 16kwh. It can be used to confirm car did charge overnight. You can change night rate times (timed boost) and manual one time boost, along with viewing graphs showing house consumption (grid history) and car consumption (charge history) presumably also solar generation to house. It could be very handy if you had solar slowly charging car and then wanted to quickly fill the car up while not at home, while car was at home. Firmware update adds various fixes and options to Zappi such as time syncing to internet time (via hub) and extra menu options. I believe the old Zappi gets much the same features as the new Zappi although they are different software. Hopefully in the future the app or website will get an update to show annual consumption and downloadable tables of house and car consumption, which is do-able as all data seems to be sent to hq database anyway. I know the team were busy launching the new Zappi and apps, so most "would be nice" features did not make it to release. One disappointment is that Zappi cannot show car filled %, as in your car is 70% charged and never will as the protocol between the car and charger does not include that information (if charging fast using CCS the charger knows cars % full). It would be great to have this info in the app, and also use it to ensure car reaches a certain % when on solar by a certain time. It can guess the fullness of car by giving it some kWh energy and seeing that car is full. You could also manually enter the start % by hand, and then Zappi could calculate it. All a bit of a bodge. Main reason I got hub was to firmware update and to keep an eye on charging (which works)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

New to night rate electricity and wondering what's the best option to use, set times on car (ioniq) or on the Zappi? If Zappi can you use timer on fast mode or only boost mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Personally would recommend setting the timer on the Zappi. Also handy to get a Myenergi Hub as can configure the timers via the app and option to update firmware on the Zappi.

I use the Zappi timer on my outlander due to issues with preheating when using the car timer. I put it in Eco++ mode and then have a timed boost for 7AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

jspuds wrote: »
    Personally would recommend setting the timer on the Zappi. Also handy to get a Myenergi Hub as can configure the timers via the app and option to update firmware on the Zappi.

Is the hub compatible with gen 1 Zappi?

• Advertisement

iniall wrote: »
    Is the hub compatible with gen 1 Zappi?

Yes. Apparently so.

Advertisement