Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRITTEN EXAMINERS 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I’ve used it in another capacity. It’s very handy all right. The only thing that got to me was the screen glare if I worked for too long. It’s the way forward. In a few years we won’t know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

For those correcting a Junior Cycle subject. Are we correcting the assessment task for free? I am getting €X per exam paper but it says nothing about the assessment task.

Both would be included in the price in your letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

For those correcting a Junior Cycle subject. Are we correcting the assessment task for free? I am getting €X per exam paper but it says nothing about the assessment task.

Out of interest
    Are you correct the entire paper or just specific questions from each script

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

km79 wrote: »
    Out of interest
    Are you correct the entire paper or just specific questions from each script
    I'm correcting entire paper, but not the same paper and AT from the same candidate (they download separately).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

*Marking.
    And no, of course you're not. The figure you are paid is based on one exam paper and one assessment task, and if you're not marking both, you'll be paid less, because you're contracted to mark both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Anyone still waiting for advance payment? I'm nearly finished! I rang and was told that there was a delay which could be from 7 to 9 days but my spríoc la is nearly on me. I was excessively taxed for supervising and now no advance - if that's the SEC want to play - they will serious recruitment problems next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Anyone still waiting for advance payment? I'm nearly finished! I rang and was told that there was a delay which could be from 7 to 9 days but my spríoc la is nearly on me. I was excessively taxed for supervising and now no advance - if that's the SEC want to play - they will serious recruitment problems next year.

No mine was one week later, 7 days from the conference date.

Moody_mona wrote: »
    No mine was one week later, 7 days from the conference date.

11 working days since conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

11 working days since conference.

Hugely frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

No sign here either, getting towards two weeks after conference. Not that I care. Don't have time to spend it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

None here either. Conference finished 27/6. Not too big of a problem as I'm not overly waiting for it, but my hotel for the conference is on my credit card and that's what the advance was going to pay!

Must be incredibly tough on those who don’t have other money to rely on. It’s not like the SEC. It’s usually 5 days on the dot.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Must be incredibly tough on those who don’t have other money to rely on. It’s not like the SEC. It’s usually 5 days on the dot.

Yes I do agree, the SEC are usually on top of everything and I have praised the way they run many times. I have marked for a good few years and have always been paid my advance but don't know what's happening this year. It is unfair and a difficult time for teachers not being paid for the summer and they can't claim jobseekers as they are officially working.

The SEC are not answering calls except between 4 and 5 every evening .... that will also aggravate people.

Much easier and quicker to email financial@examinations.ie with your pps number anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Apparently the new PAYE modernisation system is delaying payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

For those who haven’t been paid, did you get your prsi form sent in?

This paye modernization system has been implemented months ago, there’s no reason for the delay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nothing here either so it must be a number of subjects affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    This paye modernization system has been implemented months ago, there’s no reason for the delay.

This is what the SEC are blaming it on anyway.

• Advertisement

It must be revenue though because they are making them tax us on the installments instead if the end like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Corkgirl18 wrote: »

But they paid the superintending advance without delay so I don't buy this excuse

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

- if that's the SEC want to play - they will serious recruitment problems next year.

That would suit them just fine. Then they can say "Can't get markers, we'll just have to scrap the exam / get teachers to mark their own"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

Hi everyone, waiting on advance here too, almost two weeks after the end of conference.

Has anyone who emailed got a response indicating when they will be paid?

I believe them with regards to the modernisation, I've found them excellent the last 3/4 years and I know there were issues with the Superintending pay too.

dory wrote: »
    That would suit them just fine. Then they can say "Can't get markers, we'll just have to scrap the exam / get teachers to mark their own"...

This is definitely going to happen in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

This is definitely going to happen in the future.

This was why it was so important the assessment tasks battle was won

I don’t even think parents would want teachers correcting their own students state scripts in fairness
    Won’t happen
    If it hasn’t happened in England it won’t happen here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Corkgirl18 wrote: »

Is this still confusing them? How long has this 'new' PAYE system been in.

Methinks the dept. and SEC need to be sent on inservice.

I got notification from Revenue that the SEC exams have been put on as an employer for me, so hopefully that means that payment will be processed soon!

My advance arrived today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

sullivlo wrote: »
    My advance arrived today.

Me too.

Advertisement