Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UN Migration Pact Ireland's Position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Sand

demfad wrote: »
    Facilitating "Safe, Orderly and regular migration" describes actions toward exiting migration. It does not facilitate migration, in fact it reduces that prospect. It facilitates making migration safer etc.

You are deliberately and dishonestly misleading.

Nowhere in the document is the objective of reducing migration mentioned. The aim is to facilitate and regularise mass migration, but not to reduce it. Afterall, the compact asserts that migration is inevitable and an absolute good.
    To describe it as mass or otherwise you must substantiate and quantify it. How do you evaluate "rapid demographic change".

I don't have to quantify a puddle, or a lake or a sea. But for what its worth:
    Migration that creates rapid demographic change in relatively short periods of time. You could alternatively define it as migration that is of such a scale that it creates large populations able to resist assimilation and sustain their own culture. Sweden for example is only track for the Swedes to become a minority in their own homeland within our lifetimes if they a) don't increase their fertility and b) don't end mass migration into Sweden. In London the English have already become a minority in their own capital, with Birmingham soon to follow. In Germany, politicians now acknowledges that Germans will also become a minority in their own cities, but that this fine. The story is the same across western Europe to varying degrees.
    The compact seeks to reduce existing migration and make migration safer. Your assertion is baseless.

Now whose being deliberately and dishonestly misleading?
    Migration of peoples happen for a variety of reasons. You would think with the upcoming climate change cataclysm that opponents of migration would be advocates of a global response to human made climate breakdown or wars or other drivers of human movement. But no, your solution is based on barbed wire guns and firing statistics out to make these people appear lesser. It is petty, and ultimately it is stupid.

You would think with the upcoming climate change cataclysm, environmentally minded people would not be advocating a mass movement of people with the attendant increase in pollution. Afterall, Nigerians emit 0.6 tons of CO2 annually, and presuming they move to Germany and converge on the norm there they will emit 9.2 tons instead, 15 times greater than if they remained in Nigeria. But no.

Does the cognitive dissonance ever hurt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Sand wrote: »

In London the English have already become a minority in their own capital,
    Source please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭political analyst

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1053064/United-nations-Global-Compact-for-Safe-Orderly-and-Regular-Migration-Alistair-Burt-italy
    BRITAIN will sign a controversial new legislation proposal put forward by the United Nations (UN) which could see people who criticise EU migration policies jailed and makes immigration a universal human right.

Is this true?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

There is a protest against Ireland signing the UN Migration Pact without any debate, protest is outside the Dail tomorrow 6/6.30pm. Organised by Irexit party but all those who oppose the signing of the UN Migration Pact are welcome to attend. Expecting a decent crowd hopefully. It won't be the usual PBP types at it either.
    Well I was wrong the Profit Before People and their rent a mob anarchist pals did indeed show up. They had a counter protest of about 30-40. Was about 150 of us protesting on the Irexit/UN Migration Pact side. A very decent turnout on a Thursday evening. All normal ordinary people unlike the professional protestors with PBP. They were a truely pathetic bunch.

Gardai did a good job keeping the peace and there was no violence just threats and abuse being hurled. Lucky for the posh PBP bourgeois scum who would have had their arse handed to them very easily if they tried anything. The days of Antifa running people off the streets are well over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Your link is from that rag the Daily Express, so what do you think? :D

You really are pretty cheeky, you know that?

Ask for sources, discredit sources, change the goalposts, and call the person you're talking to a racist. Is that a typical approach you follow? I know you mean well, but you're doing your position no favors.

Source please.

English people make up 44.9% of the population of London. Are you actually taking the piss? Everybody knows that crime has risen in Germany because of migration, and you glibly declare otherwise. Everyone knows that English people are a minority in London, so naturally you query this as well.

You should fight battles you can win. Throwing up idiotic roadblocks that people can easily disprove are going to do your arguments no favors, at all.

Edit: It subsequently turned out I was not entirely correct on one of these points, which was based off of a lazy reading of relevant literature on my part..

You really are pretty cheeky, you know that?

Ask for sources, discredit sources, change the goalposts, and call the person you're talking to a racist. Is that a typical approach you follow? I know you mean well, but you're doing your position no favors.
    i) Is the Daily Express a reputable source?
    ii) Is the claim true?

I'll give you a hint on both counts - the answer is no.
    English people make up 44.9% of the population of London. Are you actually taking the piss? Everybody knows that crime has risen in Germany because of migration, and you glibly declare otherwise. Everyone knows that English people are a minority in London, so naturally you query this as well.

You should fight battles you can win. Throwing up idiotic roadblocks that people can easily disprove are going to do your arguments no favors, at all.

I asked the previous poster for a source.

You haven't provided a source.

Oh, and by the way "everybody knows" isn't a source either.

Everybody knows that.

Except you, it seems.

Well I was wrong the Profit Before People and their rent a mob anarchist pals did indeed show up. They had a counter protest of about 30-40. Was about 150 of us protesting on the Irexit/UN Migration Pact side. A very decent turnout on a Thursday evening. All normal ordinary people unlike the professional protestors with PBP. They were a truely pathetic bunch.

Gardai did a good job keeping the peace and there was no violence just threats and abuse being hurled. Lucky for the posh PBP bourgeois scum who would have had their arse handed to them very easily if they tried anything. The days of Antifa running people off the streets are well over.
    I get the distinct impression that your definition of "normal people" wouldn't meet most people's - in fact the history of extreme right-wing protest in Ireland proves that people who attend such "demonstrations" are anything but normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

ii) Is the claim true?

And the Mail, Sputnik, RT, Sun, Breitbart, Fox. Is there anything else on the banned list?

I asked the previous poster for a source.

You haven't provided a source.

Oh, and by the way "everybody knows" isn't a source either.

Everybody knows that.

Except you, it seems.

Google it! For something that's common knowledge the onus is on you not to be lazy! Laziness does not excuse ignorance.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/census-reveals-white-britons-as-minority-in-capital-for-first-time-8405998.html
    https://www.ft.com/content/4bd95562-4379-11e2-a48c-00144feabdc0
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-21511904
    https://mangomap.com/demographics/maps
    https://www.londonmedicine.ac.uk/londons-landscape/population/ethnicity-in-london/
    http://worldpopulationreview.com/world-cities/london-population/
    https://data.london.gov.uk/topic/demographics
    Good one shinner. Nothing extreme right at all about last night, if I was you I'd be bricking it, the amount of ex Sinn Fein members and voters I met last night was amazing. Guess that is what happens when you turn into the Labour Party haha. You lot are ****ing history.

Wait, is he a Sinn Fein guy? That would actually explain a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭jay0109

Podge_irl wrote: »
    What court? It would not be enshrined in Irish or European law.

It becomes a standard by which we are judged.
    Irish politicians (and I use that term loosely) going to the UN to answer questions before a committee there on Migration about why Ireland is so far down their table on Migration standards, standards which we 'signed' up to.

Any new legislation we pass here being exmined by the myriad of NGO's ho then report us o the UN if they feel the new laws re out of kilter with the UN Migration policy...

It doesn;t have to be lega binding to be binding when you have such a PC government as we always seem have gotten in the past 20 years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

ii) Is the claim true?

The Daily Express sells little compared to the likes of the Mail, Sun, or Mirror. However it still greatly outsells the extreme left's news handbook i.e. the Guardian - which sells the very least of all daily national newspapers.

Q. Did you actually check the 2011 census for youself?
    A. No.

The 'White British' classification only makes up 44.9% of all Londoners. So compared to all other enthicities combined (that are not white british), they would indeed appear to be technically outnumbered as such.

The Daily Express sells little compared to the likes of the Mail, Sun, or Mirror. However it still greatly outsells the extreme left's news handbook i.e. the Guardian - which sells the very least of all daily national newspapers.

Q. Did you actually check the 2011 census for youself?
    A. No.

The 'White British' classification only makes up 44.9% of all Londoners. So compared to all other enthicities combined (that are not white british), they would indeed appear to be technically outnumbered as such.

Ah, and now we cut to the chase.

Non-whites are not British now, apparently.

It's always, always, always the racism, stupid.

God, you guys are so easy to expose.

I didn't ask how much the Daily Express sold.

I asked whether it was a reputable source.

A quick dig into the "story" from it that was linked proves it isn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

I'm not a "Shinner", mate.

I'm not a member of any political party and have no fixed party loyalty - but nice attempt at a straw man.

You've just said 150 people turned up, and given that you have a heavy vested interest in bigging up the turnout, we can safely assume it was nowhere near that.

Even at your claimed upper limit of 150, it's utterly hilarious to see you claim that the "amount of ex-Sinn Fein voters" you met "was amazing".

You evidently have a very, very low amazement threshold.
    Ah yes the typical "I'm not actually a Shinner" routine yet you post their rhetoric non stop. Why don't you fellas just admit you vote for Sinn Fein? Because you would have to stand over their nonsense. Easier to attack everyone else isn't it.

There was easily 150, maybe even 200 including people at the sides supporting us quietly. A number of republicans were present. Sinn Fein are more likely to wave the rainbow flag than the tricolour these days.

Yep he is, can tell by his posting. He was attacking people for voting Casey in the last election. Even his name gives it away, a typical Celtic supporting Sinn Fein lout.

Woah, someone has lost the plot in a major, way, eh? :D

Haven't you?

Ah yes the typical "I'm not actually a Shinner" routine yet you post their rhetoric non stop. Why don't you fellas just admit you vote for Sinn Fein? Because you would have to stand over their nonsense. Easier to attack everyone else isn't it.

There was easily 150, maybe even 200 including people at the sides supporting us quietly. A number of republicans were present. Sinn Fein are more likely to wave the rainbow flag than the tricolour these days.
    Ah, the old gay bashing routine comes out.

It's never far away with the extreme right.

Calm down dear, the census referes to 'ethnicity', the census doesn't care if you sing 'god song the ...' every morning or wave bunting.

It only cares what box (people themselves) actually tick on the census form. It only cares about hard data, stats and such.

If Hans from Holland, who lives in London wants to tick the Dutch box by himself, is that not allowed now?
    Is he not allowed to identify to his heritage, must he become british as soon as he steps off his KLM flight?

Maybe post your crocadles tears in a glass jar, to their Office for National Statistics.

Precisely none of that backs up what the poster Sand claimed.

Your claim, and his, is based on the entirely false and flagrantly racist premise that non-white people cannot be English or British.

non-white people cannot be English or British.

They can be whatever the choose to be, they tick the box that they identify to best, by themselves.

Sounds like you want to force people to become what YOU want them to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Podge_irl wrote: »
    What court? It would not be enshrined in Irish or European law.

There has been claims the UN migration pact could be used as a template for countries as part of their migration policy, I guess in this context.

Calm down dear, the census referes to 'ethnicity', the census doesn't care if you sing 'god song the ...' every morning or wave bunting.

It only cares what box (people themselves) actually tick on the census form. It only cares about hard data, stats and such.

If Hans from Holland, who lives in London wants to tick the Dutch box by himself, is that not allowed now?
    Is he not allowed to identify to his heritage, must he become british as soon as he steps of his KLM flight?

Maybe post your crocadles tears in a glass jar, to their Office for National Statistics.

The claim was made that English people are a minority in London.

This is disinformation. It is FALSE.

The claim was made on the basis that non-white people cannot be English, which I'm sure would amuse the many non-white Londoners.

I'm surprised you're telling me to calm down, given that I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the ethnic make up of the population of London.

You're one of several posters on this thread who very definitely do have a problem, you seem furious about it.

Who's the calm one again?

• Advertisement

Who's the calm one again?

It's very highly likely in this case the other poster meant 'white english', or even muti-generational, traditional english.

Looking at the census, it does not ask directly if you are 'english' it is only interested in ethnicity. And 'white english' is a minority compared to all others combined.

You can be English-Indian, but the census doesn't even ask that.
    It only has a tick box option for Indian.

cSs5v6t.png

It asks which ethnicity you are, not nationality or colour (aside from the white-british, white-other, or other-black options).

Write you concerns to the ONS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

This is disinformation. It is FALSE.

Article from 2013 stating white natives a minority in London.

They can be whatever the choose to be, they tick the box that they identify to best, by themselves.

Sounds like you want to force people to become what YOU want them to be.
    This is what I wrote, mate.
    Ah, and now we cut to the chase.

It's always, always, always the racism, stupid.

Please don't try and selectively edit my quotes like that to try and make it appear that I said something which is the direct opposite of what I said.

It's utterly pathetic, and sadly utterly predictable from the extreme right.

And very ironic, given that you clearly hold the sort of disgusting view that you were trying to mendaciously ascribe to me.

This is what I wrote, mate.

Please don't try and selectively edit my quotes like that to try and make it appear that I said something which is the direct opposite of what I said.

It's utterly pathetic, and sadly utterly predictable from the extreme right.

And very ironic, given that you clearly hold the sort of disgusting view that you were trying to mendaciously ascribe to me.

Extreme Right this........ Extreme Right that..,.........bla bla bla......... racist........ extreme

Hillboy maybe consult the ONS procedure for compiling their Census, and take a chill pill, else lie-down in a non-colour specific room.

It's very highly likely in this case the other poster meant 'white english', or even muti-generational, traditional english.
    This is what the poster wrote.
    In London the English have already become a minority in their own capital

I know exactly what that means. It's right there in front of you. It's clear in its meaning.

And I haven't selectively edited it either to take it out of context to make it appear they were saying something else, as you just did to me above.

The quoted claim is false. It is disinformation. Spreading disinformation is what the far right do.

DS86DS wrote: »
    Article from 2013 stating white natives a minority in London.

And there's another poster who believes if you're not white, you can't be English.

This is what the poster wrote.

Yes, and likely he/she implied 'english' in the traditional sense, and as used by the ONS.

The Indian man in London certainly can be English (or more likely, 'British'), but when it comes to filling in census forms and official documents, when asked about 'ethnicity' he would have 'no other choice', but to tick the 'indian' box.

The fact remains, 'british-whites' are an ethnic minority (under 50%), along with all other ethnic minorities (all also under 50%) in London.

DS86DS wrote: »
    Extreme Right this........ Extreme Right that..,.........bla bla bla......... racist........ extreme

And I've been proven thoroughly correct.

• Advertisement

And I've been proven thoroughly correct.

And those of us "Far Right", simply referred to as nationalists in times past are more than thoroughly correct.

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/26/muslim-majority-in-france-projected-in-40-years/

Thank you very much "enlightened" leftists. The whole of Europe, having survived thousands of years of wars and invasions......all to be confined to the dustbin of history thanks to people like you

Enjoy been a smug liberal lefty when then punishment for theft is for a hand to be chopped off....or the punishment for homosexuality is to be thrown off a roof.

You'll get very far under Sharia Law, your so arrogantly confident of that fact.

Advertisement