Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Unlimited Sim only 25GB plan - €19.99 for 12 months

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Good old eircon, up the price by €30 a year and call it a half price sale.

€14.99 a month for the 6 months and then jump ship or change to the latest offer on Eir still is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Stupid Q alert, can you just switch after the 6 months or are you held for 12 months etc?

Also, do you pay by Direct Debit or just log on and prepay when it expires?

Lastly, we have home broadband and phone with them. Anybody know if we can get the €5 bundle discount off this SIM deal?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Stupid Q alert, can you just switch after the 6 months or are you held for 12 months etc?

The link is a sim only plan which only lasts for 30 days. You can switch to another network at any time.

Payment is by direct debit in advance. Sim only plans are billed the same as standard billpay. No credit involved like PAYG.

Lastly, we have home broadband and phone with them. Anybody know if we can get the €5 bundle discount off this SIM deal?

If you are an existing Eir broadband customer, you can get the mobile cheaper yes. Be aware that if you take the offer on the mobile it will lock you back into a 12 contract on the broadband bundle which you might not want. The mobile remains 30 day contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Davy wrote: »

The link is a sim only plan which only lasts for 30 days. You can switch to another network at any time.

Payment is by direct debit in advance. Sim only plans are billed the same as standard billpay. No credit involved like PAYG.

If you are an existing Eir broadband customer, you can get the mobile cheaper yes. Be aware that if you take the offer on the mobile it will lock you back into a 12 contract on the broadband bundle which you might not want. The mobile remains 30 day contract.
    Be aware eir customer care sucks,as does their data speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Thanks Davy, all cleared up in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Details aren't very clear on how to get this...
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/
    Switch to eir prepay and save

Enjoy Unlimited calls AND texts, social networks, plus Free YouTube + 20GB of data. Normally €30 top up every four weeks, now €20! Offer available exclusively online while stocks last!

It's the 30e PAYG plan for 20e

It seems that you need to switch your number to eir and they set it up to get the 30e plan (20GB+calls+texts) but it only costs 20e. This was an offer before Meteor brand ended.

Assume that you keep the plan for as long as you stay with eir and don't change plans but as with all things eir tread carefully as it comes across a bit vague on their webpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I found Eir's data service better than Vodafone's (and they're both miles better than 3) - it all depends on where you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm getting 150 Mbps FTTH. The lowest I get is 140.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm still on this plan since the offer 2 years ago, nothing changed. I'm fact we got the free bump to 20Gb from 15Gb and roaming is the 8Gb. I find their speeds very good and coverage a massive improvement over three/mvno. Vodafone can be better but at price, eir wins hands down. I find you never have to deal with CS for prepay.

I resurrected the old thread about that deal so we'll keep the chat about the prepay deal to that thread

Advertisement