Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Unlimited Sim only 25GB plan - €19.99 for 12 months

Options
  • 20-11-2018 11:45pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

466532.JPG

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/

For black Friday you can sign up to this plan and get it for €19.99 for 12 months. (was 6 months)
    It includes unlimited calls & texts and 25GB data with 4G and EU roaming.

After the 12 months it goes up €10 but you can leave at anytime as its 30 day only plan.

Eir sport app is also included for BT and eir sports.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Can you cast from the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Don't suppose this is available for existing sim only customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

funnyname wrote: »
    Can you cast from the app?

No, unfortunately not, it's a pretty useless app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Wouldn't return to Eir at gunpoint,worst customer care going

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Wouldn't return to Eir at gunpoint,worst customer care going

That is a fair point especially if it was broadband bundles etc, but for a 30 day sim only plan you shouldn't have much issues.

Also they are currently in the process of moving the customer care back internally so hopefully it will improve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

garion wrote: »
    Don't suppose this is available for existing sim only customers?

If you are on the previous sim only plan 15GB, then just ask customer care to switch you to the new Connect 30 day plan.

You will get the offer for 6 months rather than 12 months.
    If you have broadband, you get it for €9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

That's a nice deal. How would people rate them versus Vodafone for coverage and speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If you have broadband, you get it for €9.99.

Anybody any idea of how many Sims they will give you if you have B/Band?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

shocksy wrote: »
    No, unfortunately not, it's a pretty useless app.

That’s not actually true. Was surprised when watching a rugby match a few weeks ago that there was a casting button which worked seamlessly. Now I don’t know if it depends on what the content cos it’s rights reasons or whatever. But some content is definitely
    Castable.

And the app has been improved. It’s used be utterly awful. Now it’s just mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I got it for the 12 months (existing customer)

On live chat but it felt really dodgy wanted loafs of detail they already had like Iban, then wanted all my CC details which I didn't give. It all Felt really off and then as he was putting it through it said he couldn't get confirmation come back in 3 hours

It felt really dodgy so best to ring I think. I kept a copy of the chat just in case

But you can get the 12 months for 19.99 as existing customer if he's to be believed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

ImARebel wrote:
    On live chat but it felt really dodgy wanted loafs of detail they already had like Iban, then wanted all my CC details which I didn't give. It all Felt really off and then as he was putting it through it said he couldn't get confirmation come back in 3 hours

I tried to change as well and the guy was useless. I just gave up. He asked me to confirm the plan I wanted 5 times etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

That's a nice deal. How would people rate them versus Vodafone for coverage and speeds?

I know you didn't ask, but i recently switched from three, as their performance in Dublin city centre had pretty much degraded to sub Edge level of data in recent weeks. Finding eir much better for data coverage. I had to ring customer support over for porting, and got through to someone in Ireland, they were super polite and i was sorted in 5 minutes.

CardinalJ wrote: »
    I tried to change as well and the guy was useless. I just gave up. He asked me to confirm the plan I wanted 5 times etc.

I got further than that he practically asked me the colour of my underwear.. The he said he'd email and I could email him back my CC details. It felt really dodgey

And then after giving him all that info he couldn't put it through. If I get an email to say this has gone through I'll eat my hat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I rang them have been an existing customer for a decent period and they switched me to this without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Got told that as I was an existing customer on a phone plan I couldn't switch. There is no contract in place. Have to to go to a store now to get it sorted. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

F34 wrote: »
    I rang them have been an existing customer for a decent period and they switched me to this without any issue.

Same here. Just off the phone now and sorted. Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

This offer sounds too good to be true!!
    and what is the catch you might ask!!?

How about when you fly through that 25gb of free allowance and then get scrued big time like 20€ per extra so many megabytes if you go over the 25gb limit.

This happens to alot of people, all over ireland, on a regular bases, braodband allowance used up and wallop, 2 3 and 400 euros wacked on top of what was supposed to be a 19.99 / 24.99 package

make sure you do your research! Thank me later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

hearsay wrote: »

How about when you fly through that 25gb of free allowance and then get scrued big time like 20€ per extra so many megabytes if you go over the 25gb limit.

This happens to alot of people, all over ireland, on a regular bases, braodband allowance used up and wallop, 2 3 and 400 euros wacked on top of what was supposed to be a 19.99 / 24.99 package

Well considering I switched from a 15gb and never exceeded that cap I don't expect I'll exceed the 25gb either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

And when people do their research, they'll see that 25GB is an incredible amount of data for a mobile phone plan. You would really struggle to use anything close to that with normal phone usage, you would certainly never 'fly through' it.

The only better data plan is on Three, unlimited data for 30 per month, or 50% more expensive for something no-one really needs.

This is a serious bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

hands up who the thousands of people who lets there children use there phones to watch there favourite youtube videos to keep them quiet ?

Boom, 25gb gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

hands up who the thousands of people who lets there children use there phones to watch there favourite youtube videos to keep them quiet ?

Boom, 25gb gone!

what?!!!! they can feck right off and read or play or just be bored - and i have told them that. feeding them youtube to keep them quiet? I've heard it all now.

I use about 3gb data per month, but paying 50 euro a month to vodafone for the "privilege" - this is a bargain and I'll be switching asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

How does the bill work?
    Pay it online or bring it to a shop?
    Or direct debit?

Never used a 30 day contract, always been pay as you go.

Mother is looking to leave Vodafone, so it's between this and the 30€ a month PAYG deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I was on Eir until the spring when I switched to Vodafone. Eir's coverage and data speeds were better for me (north Wicklow, south Dublin and along the Dart line mostly).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

most phones allow you to limit data usage so you get a warning or data is turned off when you reach a threshold.

25GB is loads for a phone plan - if you're using it for your home broadband then you probably need a different package.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

quad_red wrote: »
    That’s not actually true. Was surprised when watching a rugby match a few weeks ago that there was a casting button which worked seamlessly. Now I don’t know if it depends on what the content cos it’s rights reasons or whatever. But some content is definitely
    Castable.

Ehh, think you might only have half the story there...

There's actually Two apps.. a Green one and a Red one... (the icon colour) ...The red one does not allow casting.

You get use of the Red one if you are only a mobile customer.. the Green one is for people who are also broadband customers.

The red (mobile only customer) app doesn't have a casting button.. and stops streaming when you try to turn on screen mirroring or casting with your phone.
    So it doesn't allow casting if you are only an eir mobile customer.

Leastways that was my experience when I was hoping to cast a Rugby match.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Avoid eir like the plague they have a huge problem with customer service at the moment..people on twitter very frustrated

@eir do you personally think its good enough to leave customers waiting for over 40mins? What is compounding the problem is that the folk at the end of the phone are unable to help.

@eir why is it so difficult to get hold of agent. Waiting 30 mins & then getting cut off or being put through to number no longer in service

@eir any explanation for problems in accessing your customer care lines to speak to a human being? The holding time is staggering.

@eircare again I have tried to get help from Eir webchat because I didn't want to be on hold for 2hrs, no help ! Asked me to call a number, not wasting 2hrs again! 4days with EIR BIG MISTAKE

Eir closed there boards.ie chat on the 13th there's lots more very unhappy customers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My average data use is 2gb per month!
    I think your warnings are not required.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Boom, 25gb gone!

No WiFi where you live??

Boom, 25gb gone!

How much youtube do you let your kids watch???? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

For anyone allergic to anything bill pay from eir, PAYG 20 euro gets 20GB and calls for 28 days. No text but there is an app for free webtext.
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

Vodafone X is 20GB, all text and 100 mins for 20 euro / 28 days

Advertisement