Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Unlimited Sim only 25GB plan - €19.99 for 12 months

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

do you have to stay for first 12 months ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Can you buy add ons with this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Davy wrote: »
    but for a 30 day sim only plan you shouldn't have much issues.

I admire your optimism, I really do, but it's eir. You'd be very surprised at the issues they can create:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Lenny wrote: »
    do you have to stay for first 12 months ?

No, its 30 days only so you can leave at any point on a sim only plan.

The 12 months is only related to how long you get the offer price, after the 12 months it will go back to €29.99 but by then you have switched to a different offer in theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Check out the Vodafone x plan first
    I just went from bill pay on Vodafone to this

I need unltd calls and texts, not available on vodafone x as far as i can see....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

for Eir broadband customers, the rates for this package are €10 a month for 6 months and 20 thereafter for 12 months....

and this isn't just a black friday offer - it's valid until 31/12/18, according to their shiny winter 2018 brochure

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This is still available, the same as black Friday with the discount for the 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I admire your optimism, I really do, but it's eir. You'd be very surprised at the issues they can create:D

:D:D:D

Well fingers crossed, so far so good. I got my letter to say it's signed up for the 12 months. I'll know at bill time

I refuse to use them for broadband but hopefully this will work out ok

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

That's a nice deal. How would people rate them versus Vodafone for coverage and speeds?
    Personally VF are tops,been with them since eir,no comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

Perhaps obvious but I only thought of it last minute and the lady on the phone had to go check but taking the deal for the phone (€9.99) extends your broadband contract for 12 months.
    Enough for me to drop the idea until broadband comes up for renewal and annual shop around time starts

• Advertisement

Personally VF are tops,been with them since eir,no comparison

Agreed
    Herself was on the eir network for a year and Vodafone is miles better with customer service and phone signal, parts of cork are a total blackout for eir
    Bang on boy

Ten Pin wrote: »
    For anyone allergic to anything bill pay from eir, PAYG 20 euro gets 20GB and calls for 28 days. No text but there is an app for free webtext.
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

Vodafone X is 20GB, all text and 100 mins for 20 euro / 28 days
    Plus free weekend calls,data, messages,if u subscribe to "weekend", unlimited from Friday at 3- Sunday midnight

Plus free weekend calls,data, messages,if u subscribe to "weekend", unlimited from Friday at 3- Sunday midnight

I went for the old Spotify premium myself
    Same as my teen,I had it ,but really didn't use it,hes getting his money's worth though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

All the sports included makes this a bargain for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Anybody else availed of this?

I only joined eir prepay last month and got a text to say ive to top up by midnight tonight.

I was on the phone for 36 minutes of which at least 25 minutes on hold and got transferred 4 times. They were able to find the offer when they look it up but every agent said they didnt know much about it so would be best to transfer me. The last agent transferred me to sales but then it just got disconnected.

The last agent said it would be for 6 months and i asked why it said 12 months on the website and she said it was an online offer. She again seemed to be making it up on the spot and then said she looked it up and its €9,99 for first 6 months for and 19:99 for next 6 months for existing customers.

lightspeed wrote: »
    Anybody else availed of this?

I only joined eir prepay last month and got a text to say ive to top up by midnight tonight.

I was on the phone for 36 minutes of which at least 25 minutes on hold and got transferred 4 times. They were able to find the offer when they look it up but every agent said they didnt know much about it so would be best to transfer me. The last agent transferred me to sales but then it just got disconnected.

The last agent said it would be for 6 months and i asked why it said 12 months on the website and she said it was an online offer. She again seemed to be making it up on the spot and then said she looked it up and its €9,99 for first 6 months for and 19:99 for next 6 months for existing customers.

Do you have Eir broadband?
    If no, then its €19.99 for 12 months. The €9.99 is only for people who already have broadband.

The original offer was 6 months, extended to 12 months for Black Friday but they have continued the 12 months if you sign up online.

You can use the chat function rather than phoning. https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Davy wrote: »
    Do you have Eir broadband?
    If no, then its €19.99 for 12 months. The €9.99 is only for people who already have broadband.

The original offer was 6 months, extended to 12 months for Black Friday but they have continued the 12 months if you sign up online.

You can use the chat function rather than phoning. https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/

No i dont have eir broadband. To get the €19.99 offer for 12 months how can i avail of it online as an existing customer?

Others who are already with eir say they rang but when i rang they didnt see to know much about it.

w4ntedman wrote: »
    Perhaps obvious but I only thought of it last minute and the lady on the phone had to go check but taking the deal for the phone (€9.99) extends your broadband contract for 12 months.
    Enough for me to drop the idea until broadband comes up for renewal and annual shop around time starts

That's total boll*x unless you are paying both together. I don't have broadband and I could still take up the offer

lightspeed wrote: »
    No i dont have eir broadband. To get the €19.99 offer for 12 months how can i avail of it online as an existing customer?

Others who are already with eir say they rang but when i rang they didnt see to know much about it.

I used their online chat now be warned it's so utterly painfully slow and I reckon your man types with one finger but after being asked everything and almost the colour of your underwear you'll get there. First you'll get offered 6 then I asked why I can't get it for 12 and he said OK no problem I'll put you down for 12

It is a painful experience but definitely worth it for the savings

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

ImARebel wrote: »
    That's total boll*x unless you are paying both together. I don't have broadband and I could still take up the offer

I was referring to the 9.99 deal for existing broadband customers (as was she I think) apologies if I am wrong or confusing the deals.
    Maybe a different agent could have kept the contracts separate but the one I spoke with couldn't.

• Advertisement

w4ntedman wrote: »
    I was referring to the 9.99 deal for existing broadband customers (as was she I think) apologies if I am wrong or confusing the deals.
    Maybe a different agent could have kept the contracts separate but the one I spoke with couldn't.

Apologies I get you now. Pity they couldn't split it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

My billpay contact ended recently so I tried to change to this. First call ended after 54 minutes of waiting in a queue. Second call ended after 15 minutes waiting in a queue. Third call, I spent 6 minutes waiting only to be told that customer care couldn't do it, it would have to be loyalty so I was put back on the queue for another few minutes.

There was no problem finding the offer but they wanted to bundle it with my TV & broadband package but for reasons that were well documented in the talk to: Eir forum, I wasn't going to do that. Then I was told I couldn't have two contracts that weren't bundled (I already do). Eventually I was told they could keep me on the plan I'm on but reduce the price from 40 to 20 and it would only be a monthly commitment, not a 12 month contract.

To be honest, I don't understand or believe what I was told so I'm going to ring when it takes affect and confirm the details.

Eir are muck to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I had a headache with this too. I was on on a rolling monthly contract on different terms (less data, no eir Sports) from a couple of years ago that I was due to change for the current deal, so this seemed perfect. I seemed to be able to put it thru on the website, but never heard from them about what happened with the previous rolling contract, i.e. how would 2 bills for Nov work, etc. I was able to log in to the eir sport app, but the channels wouldn't play. I assumed it was because my old contact had no eir sport.

Chat was fairly painless; she deleted my old account, told me I'd get a final bill, new bill started December. But then when I registered for a new myeir account, I couldn't even log in to eir sport. Chat told me to call up. I rang support, 25 mins hold. "You're through to the wrong dept. but I do eir sport as well. Are you sure your password is correct? Do you have the right app?". He transferred me to the tech support team. 30 min wait. "That's the eir sport team that handle that". I told him I had spoken to them. He transferred me anyway. 15 minutes on hold to get the eir sport team. "We don't do the mobile app. That's phone support". Transferred again. Nearly an hour on hold. "It's the eir sport team that deal with that". Still can't log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

I couldn't login to the Eir Sport App, but when i went to the website and clicked the google play store link it took me to a different app, Just Mobile Eir Sport. I was able to sign into that App with my MY EIR account after entering my mobile number.

Try that and see how you get on

Vodafone x plan is calling
    Have it ,well worth it , service great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Was thinking to move from VF X to this for unlimited calls
    I think I'll stay where I am if I run out of minutes a fiver for 100mins addon won't kill me but dealing with eir would!
    I have had bad experience with their support a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Ordered this and the 9.99 SIM only plan a couple of weeks ago, took a while to get sky to relinquish the contract but install took 10 minutes, connection was live while the installer was in the house.

WiFi much better, can connect to work VPN on WiFi and I should save 75 quid this month and 90 from next month on broadband and PAYG phones.

Went into a shop to do it and it was all smooth as butter. Just have to get iPlayer working on getflix but I think changing the DNS in the router should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Paddy_man wrote: »
    I couldn't login to the Eir Sport App, but when i went to the website and clicked the google play store link it took me to a different app, Just Mobile Eir Sport. I was able to sign into that App with my MY EIR account after entering my mobile number.

Try that and see how you get on

It's the Just Mobile app I've been using. Going to try it on my girlfriend's new Android to see if it's my phone or the account.

mobile_meganav_jan19_280x223.png

This plan is now €14.99 for 6 months and going to €29.99 after that.

Sim only 30 days so switch elsewhere after the 6 months are up.

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Good old eircon, up the price by €30 a year and call it a half price sale.

Advertisement