Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

*hugs* Anytime lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

*hugs* Anytime lad.

Mind if I put down some ramblings?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Belt away man i'm all ears (might be slow responding at times)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Also *hugs*. Don’t like you to be sad but you can cry here all the same. Sometimes you just need to get it out

I posted this under a picture of an old rusty aircraft and felt it fitted well with the picture. I put a lot of effort into my captions as they are a true representation of my mood but no one ever reads them unfortunately so maybe if one person reads it and can say something it would make it feel like less of a waste of time
    Everyone and everything reaches the end of it's life at one time or another. It's always sad but maybe we should change our way of thinking when it comes to that. Take this former Iberia Boeing 727 that was at Shannon Airport for many years. It was obviously at the end of its life at Iberia for one reason or another, probably deemed uneconomical to operate or noise regulations put an end to it. But this airframe went on to be used as a training apparatus for Shannon Airport Fire Brigade for a number of years and in a way had a second lease of life. I believe, and I don't mean to come across as morbid, that we should consider humans the same. A body will decompose and be broken down and this will lead to growth and new life in the soil. It happens everywhere in the animal kingdom.
    Another example could be if an aircraft was in an accident where it was damaged and uneconomical to repair and written off. It would be like having an animal put down after being hit by a car. Accidents happen and they happen to people which unfortunately causes deaths but once again you have to look at the second lease of life almost the body is having.
    Even in the worst case scenario, whereby something such as an aircraft is destroyed on purpose in something such as a terrorist attack, which is in itself a cowardly act, but it is an aircraft taken before it's time as the passengers on board would be as well of course. But if someone was to takd their own life even if, like the aircraft, they had plenty of years ahead of them, should they be looked at as cowards or should we think that there is a positive to this. Obviously it won't be seen that way straight away but maybe when people look back at it they will see the positives. Like all the memories the person would leave behind, the things they've done and what impression they left on the world. Because like an aircraft that serves for 30 years for example and carries millions of passengers over it's lifespan, who are on the way to do so many things and create so many memories themselves, that's what gets remembered. Then there is the second lease of life for both the body as mentioned earlier and the airframe. There are jobs in the dismantling of an aircraft and some parts get reused. A bit like a person who is an organ donor in fact.
    A long a slightly dark caption I know but one I hope might influence you in future

• Advertisement

Some interesting images, comparisons and contrasts there. Definitely philosophical which i think i said you were before.. Bears pondering sometimes though it's something i try not to spend all my time on because in many cases there are no answers, just an individuals thoughts and opinions

I always like reading your captions Shpud, when they’re so philosophical like that, it’s really interesting, but I never quite know what to say in response. They’re so clever I’m not sure I could say anything that compares

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I always like reading your captions Shpud, when they’re so philosophical like that, it’s really interesting, but I never quite know what to say in response. They’re so clever I’m not sure I could say anything that compares

I don't do clever. It's like someone emptied a bag of scrabble times and that's what came out. I just throw out my feelings or maybe try to justify my actions, past, present and future.

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I don't do clever. It's like someone emptied a bag of scrabble times and that's what came out. I just throw out my feelings or maybe try to justify my actions, past, present and future.

I enjoy reading them all the same, keep it up

I does not have instagram, must rectify..

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I enjoy reading them all the same, keep it up

Well when they are just foreshadowing a future event then of course I will.

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Well when they are just foreshadowing a future event then of course I will.

I mean that one I posted there was my attempt at justifying suicide. That's not usually what instagram captions are for but my posts are dark and my life is dark so it's going to come out in the captions.

Noc Noc!! A Persepoly is outside the Lair door and would like to come in :p

I think that door is generally open until around 1. Then it becomes a lock in. But the party don't start until Perse arrives that is for certain

Well I'll set the speakers up over here and the flashy spinny lights can go over the stage :D

We having a karaoke session?

Yes! Pick a song Shpud! :D

I'll sing "Under the bridge" by Red Hot Chilli Peppers because the lyrics really resonate with me and also I'm damn good at singing it.

What about you Perse?

I'll sing the golden girls theme tune.. Very cheesy but nice sentiment about friends :)

I think I'll pick erm Dancing Queen by Abba.
    Friday night and the lights are low
    Looking out for a place to go.

Except I don't know all of the words :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Bitta Bob Marley in my ear in work right now, singing along aswell!

Perse, the words will be on the screen :P

Rapul, classic choice, have to say reggae always kinda baffled me though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Each to their own and all :) I just like how mellow and happy it gets me, needed working in a factory all nite I tell ya

Oh eh yeah Grem. Forgot about that :p

I think I'll pick erm Dancing Queen by Abba.
    Friday night and the lights are low
    Looking out for a place to go.

Except I don't know all of the words :p

Obviously we have to have some ABBA. And don't worry we will put the words in front of you.

EDIT: Should have scrolled down before replying :o

Actually guys has there ever been a Nocturnal Forum meet up? Like a Boards beers but for us weirdos

Pretty sure there has been Shpud though it's been some time.. Numbers were down a bit i guess. I've never been to a boards beers myself..

Do you think there would be enough interest in one these days. I know there's regular contributors such as me, you and Kitty as well as plenty of visitors like rapul and Perse tonight. Seph and Paws are more I could think of off the top of my head (although Paws may be an issue) but I think a meet up of this crowd would be great craic.

I almost certainly wouldn't get to one with my schedule but it's worth a shot..

• Advertisement

Yeah with night workers such as yourself and rapul, as well as the spread out nature of the people I don't think it's feasible. I like the idea of it though

Advertisement