Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I am surprised this did not sell out. I wonder did Belfast harm it also I see there is plenty tickets left for Belfast I would say being on a Monday night is not helping things

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

piplip87 wrote: »
    The price difference is insane between Dublin and Belfast. Over 30 quid. Managed to get tickets for both gigs. Going to be some week

looks like 24euro difference to me, not strange at all. Unless you are comparing belfast standing to pricey seats here or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Shocked this never sold out instantly, Wednesday night, Belfast gig and amount of recent gigs has hurt this. I would have said this was a banker for a sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Belfast is a 60k capacity place. Muse/Biffy/Nothing but Thieves didn't sell out either at that place either.

What do we reckon for support? Can see 21 Pilots for Belfast.

On about Dublin, knew Belfast wouldn't sell out, nothing rarely does in the North

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Our tickets say PITCH, am I correct in assuming that’s pitch 1 as I still see tickets for pitch 2 on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Our tickets say PITCH, am I correct in assuming that’s pitch 1 as I still see tickets for pitch 2 on sale?

Check your order history on ticketmaster, it'll say which as both are labelled 'Pitch'

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

Missed out on pitch 2 tickets.

Anyone hear of 2 tickets available give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Why do pitch 2 tickets appear when looking for tickets but are unavailable when you lick on it? It shouldn't be listed if it is sold out. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

How how how!!!!

Did i get the ****ing dates mixed up on sale time. Deatroyed here

• Advertisement

Are pitch 2 gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

AidoEirE wrote:
    Are pitch 2 gone??

looks like it alright. but it's a long way off yet, more might become available

snoopy84 wrote: »
    looks like it alright. but it's a long way off yet, more might become available

Belfast woud suit better but dont see a floor plan for tickets.

Dublin would be the show though. Pitch 2 tickets there would be the dream

Ebay sales for 150 for pitch 1 a piece, that pretty much double.

Is their anthore threas for buying and selling that could help me out. Apologies for the hijacking of the thread

AidoEirE wrote:

I think boucher playing field is all pitch standing, no divides. but I'm still looking for a floor plan

snoopy84 wrote: »
    I think boucher playing field is all pitch standing, no divides. but I'm still looking for a floor plan

Yeah thats whats putting me off, and the show just wouldnt be aa good comparded to dublin.
    Love to suprise her with this

AidoEirE wrote:
    Dublin would be the show though. Pitch 2 tickets there would be the dream

You could set up an alert on twickets.com, tickets are sold at face value.

AidoEirE wrote:

Belfast is just an open field. All Standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

AidoEirE wrote: »
    and the show just wouldnt be aa good comparded to dublin.

How so? Got pretty good reviews last time there. It's also worth noting it's a mini festival of sorts so there may be about 3 other acts on the bill there.

AidoEirE wrote:
    Yeah thats whats putting me off, and the show just wouldnt be aa good comparded to dublin.

What do you base this on? I think gigs in Belfast are on the whole better run than Dublin and going general the crowds are more up for them. The Vital gigs in particular are like mini one day festivals and combined with the CHSQ week of gigs run the same week lead to a great atmosphere in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Been to 2 big gigs in Belfast. Chillis in Boucher Road and green day in ormeau park. Both were up there with some of the best atmospheres/no hassle I've ever been to. They're literally just fields with a stage put up but the ease of access to and from the venue is top class.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Boucher Road over the RDS tbh and I'm going to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Saw them last time in Belfast. I would agree with others here, the venue is great. We got the bus up front Dublin and wandered in around doors, we got right up front for the foos, was perfect.

May have shown my ignorance in my last posts. Thanks for making it more clear for me.

EyesClosed wrote:
    Saw them last time in Belfast. I would agree with others here, the venue is great. We got the bus up front Dublin and wandered in around doors, we got right up front for the foos, was perfect.

AidoEirE wrote:
    May have shown my ignorance in my last posts. Thanks for making it more clear for me.

starting to wonder now if I chose right venue 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Wonder if there is any chance that QOTSA will support?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

DylanB85 wrote: »

Dont think they have anything the pipeline so doubt they will be around next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

DylanB85 wrote: »

I don't know if I could take that much excitement in one day

• Registered Users Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It wouldn't be a Foo Fighters gig without speculation if QOTSA will support!

QOSTA mighta sold out the RDS, hard to decide who is the bigger act here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

boyznoise wrote: »
    QOSTA mighta sold out the RDS, hard to decide who is the bigger act here
    Ah I dont think they are as popular as you believe they are. Foo's are without a doubt way bigger

Advertisement