Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭prunudo

Will there be pitch one tickets available tomorrow with the general sale? Or is it a case if there gone from presale then thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd be surprised if there were any P1 tickets held back. The purpose of the presale is to allow interested people to get in early to secure the best seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Irelandfan1990

Mates all got pitch 1 standing now only pitch 2 available. Wonder how strict they be with going between both areas

Mates all got pitch 1 standing now only pitch 2 available. Wonder how strict they be with going between both areas
    There'll be a channel between the two areas with security in it. They're not going to allow movement between the two.

Here's a picture of the arrangement from a gig earlier this year:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgeqN5VXkAIWVmt.jpg:large

I've been at gigs where staff have some discretionary passes for pitch 1. If you arrive really early and plead with a steward that all your mates are in P1, then you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Perfect, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Very. You won't be able to go between the two areas unless you find a not arsed steward which is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, at least the RDS is a small enough venue and it's easy to get to/from. Even people coming up from the country (Get Park and Ride Luas from Red Cow to Busaras and the Dart to Landsdowne Road).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Are you allowed to drink on the pitch? I think I remember having to be outside the arena to have a drink

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Are you allowed to drink on the pitch? I think I remember having to be outside the arena to have a drink

Yea you are allowed to drink on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is this a new tour or a continuation of this year's Concrete and gold tour ?

Saw that tour in Manchester this year and it would be nice to hear a slightly different setlist in Dublin next August. Obv the big hits will stay. I'd expect a Thin Lizzy cover in there somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is this a new tour or a continuation of this year's Concrete and gold tour ?

Don't think so thankfully, the less songs off that the better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Managed to get 2 'standing tickets'... presume they are Pitch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah it was weird, I selected "Pitch 1". It returned me tickets, which I bought, then the confirmation just says "Pitch Gen".

Is there any price difference between Pitch 1 and 2 or any way of knowing?

That's what happened to me! i would have thought pitch 1 would be more expensive, but I don't know as I never got that far.

Anyway, delighted I got standing tickets at least :D

Actually just answered my own question, pitch 2 is yellow route, pitch 1 is red route.

Pitch 1 sorted so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭piplip87

The price difference is insane between Dublin and Belfast. Over 30 quid. Managed to get tickets for both gigs. Going to be some week

Argh!

Now I'm confused! It says 'BLUE ROUTE, ANGLESEA RD' on my tickets?!

Sheog wrote: »
    Argh!

Now I'm confused! It says 'BLUE ROUTE, ANGLESEA RD' on my tickets?!

It's very clear if you log in on the TM app - says Pitch1 or Pitch2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Still not sold out!? What's this madness all about!

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It's very clear if you log in on the TM app - says Pitch1 or Pitch2

Cheers!
    Got Pitch 2 standing... I should use the app more often!

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    Still not sold out!? What's this madness all about!
    Could be the time of year. Lots of tickets going on sale now to try and capture the market for Christmas presents. Between Bublé and the Spice Girls, there are a lot of big events competing for the same 30-50 age bracket, and few people are going to buy tickets for them all. A mate got two Spice Girls tickets yesterday, cost him €302 once you factor in Ticketmaster's ransom money. That's a big wedge of cash, you're not going to also throw €150 at the Foos.

€302 for the Spice Girls??? Madness!!

The email confirmation that I got just says Pitch, doesn't mention whether 1 or 2 or route colour either.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

jvan wrote:
    The email confirmation that I got just says Pitch, doesn't mention whether 1 or 2 or route colour either.

check receipt
    it says it on there

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

jvan wrote: »

If you log on to your Ticketmaster account, view your tickets and select print receipt it will tell you which it is.

Alternatively if using the app if you view the tickets it tells you which it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

Bought 4 tickets. I can't wait.

I selected the option for etickets. Does anybody know if I can now request that they post me tickets? One of the people I bought a ticket for likes to keep/collect the stubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

Did it the old fashioned way and got myself a Pitch 1 ticket.....glad I took the gamble and waited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Did it the old fashioned way and got myself a Pitch 1 ticket.....glad I took the gamble and waited :)
    Same. Delighted

drake70 wrote: »
    If you log on to your Ticketmaster account, view your tickets and select print receipt it will tell you which it is.

Alternatively if using the app if you view the tickets it tells you which it is.

So it does, pitch 2, yellow route, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭rdhma

"We couldn't find you a ticket. Please select another listing, or adjust your criteria and try again."

Pitch tickets seem to be gone...

Advertisement