Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Haka

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

30+ is middle aged

t8QjQ3ARncdr.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I think it's cool.
    i saw a while back a bunch of students performed it for a teacher's funeral which i thought was nice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Qtc_zlGhc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It's nowhere near as intimidating as it was tbh.

Too many past white looking lads and not enough Maori guys

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

I think we should get Michael Flatley involved with the IRFU.. get the players to do a bit of a Riverdance and see what the All Blacks think of our culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

It's nowhere near as intimidating as it was tbh.

Too many past white looking lads and not enough Maori guys

Really?

https://youtu.be/emJyEa4z2Ec

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

johnayo wrote: »
    The Haka me bollox. Come on Ireland.

Why do we cheer and applaud the Haka?

It should be responded to with silent indifference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ah shur if the haka was so great how come the Maori are ruled by white Europeans and the Queen of England is the head of state?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Why should one team dictate respect? Why don't the opposition just walk away or not face the haka? It would make it quite less intimidating then.

I like the Haka myself but has any rival team ever just ignored it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

jbt123 wrote: »
    I think we should get Michael Flatley involved with the IRFU.. get the players to do a bit of a Riverdance and see what the All Blacks think of our culture.

Get the rugby players to dance on his windpipe. Just the once will do.

Why is Ireland in comas?

Its Pat continuing to promote his curious theory that Ireland (without commas) only has 26 counties or something to that effect. So therefore an Ireland without commas rugby team can only have Ulster representation from Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan.......

Btw, well done Ireland. Great win last nite. Haka is great too.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

dense wrote: »
    Why do we cheer and applaud the Haka?

It should be responded to with silent indifference.

I guess the people cheering and applauding are doing so because they want to? It is really easy to not applaud something. It’s not infectious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Its Pat continuing to promote his curious theory that Ireland (without commas) only has 26 counties or something to that effect. So therefore an Ireland without commas rugby team can only have Ulster representation from Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan.......

Btw, well done Ireland. Great win last nite. Haka is great too.......

FancyGiganticLaughingthrush-small.gif

(and factual).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Compared to say 10 years ago, maybe it's because I've seen it a lot but it doesn't enthrall me like it used to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The best response is The Robot.

That would be class.

A la Peter Crouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

30+ is middle aged

Jesus you talk some amount of horse sh*te on boards.
    Do you just check your brain at the door on your way in or something?

Patww79 wrote: »
    FancyGiganticLaughingthrush-small.gif

(and factual).

Will any Wicklow delegates be submitting a motion to next years Congress to get the GAA to amend Ulster to a 3 county province......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Its ironic that the Haka is actually done by the NZ team
    Considering how badly the Mauri were treated by European settlers and centuries of NZ governments tried to subvert the culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

(and factual).

Ireland is an island and north Atlantic consisting of two states. Ireland and Northern Ireland. The rugby team represents the Island, not an individual state.

You're one of the least entertaining trolls on boards.

Will any Wicklow delegates be submitting a motion to next years Congress to get the GAA to amend Ulster to a 3 county province......?

I don't know, I'm not a GAA delegate. How would I?

Anyway, you know what I think and you know if you leave the romantic notions at the door that it's fact too.

Ireland is an island and north Atlantic consisting of two states. Ireland and Northern Ireland. The rugby team represents the Island, not an individual state.

Hit the old ignore button if you can find it through the tears then. Sports teams the world over represent a country, not two countries because they're situated close to one another.

• Advertisement

Pat’s not too bothered such matters. A Dublin Wicklow anschluss is a more pressing concern in time for next years ‘All Ireland’ (commas inserted for Pat) championship.

Not sure what road you're going down with this but you're staying to get worryingly rapey. Should I be staying to keep an eye out?

Its AH Pat, plus it’s a grand day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Whites shouldn’t be doing the haka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Hit the old ignore button if you can find it through the tears then. Sports teams the world over represent a country, not two countries because they're situated close to one another.

The relationship between Northern Ireland and the Republic is very different to any other situation Eg the good Friday agreement, every person in Northern Ireland can get an Irish passport etc. I think it's good for bridging a gap between the two nations in the long term. So get over yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Not up to you to decide that. The Maori in NZ seem to support it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I don’t like it, it’s very intimidating

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Flately shouldn't be doing Irish dancing , am I doing this right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I don’t like it, it’s very intimidating

You'll be fine, the nasty men are in your TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You'll be fine, the nasty men are in your TV.

Thank goodness for that I was worried

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

We should do the Macarena in response.

Advertisement