Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C/Red Alert Remastered

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will we ever see a tiberian sun remaster? that's my favorite game of the c and c series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Will we ever see a tiberian sun remaster? that's my favorite game of the c and c series.

It has to be the conversation happening in Petroglyph / EA at the moment; but one imagines it entirely depends on the sales of this Remaster. Certainly the critical & fan consensus has been overwhelmingly positive and enthusiastic, so that's a start. Lord knows what the sales projections were though.

A Tiberian Sun / Red Alert 2 bundle would be logistically possible: IIRC RA2 was built off of an evolution of TibSun's engine (albeit with better pathfinding lol) so both could be developed off of the same codebase.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,243 ✭✭✭✭noodler

pixelburp wrote: »
    It has to be the conversation happening in Petroglyph / EA at the moment; but one imagines it entirely depends on the sales of this Remaster. Certainly the critical & fan consensus has been overwhelmingly positive and enthusiastic, so that's a start. Lord knows what the sales projections were though.

A Tiberian Sun / Red Alert 2 bundle would be logistically possible: IIRC RA2 was built off of an evolution of TibSun's engine (albeit with better pathfinding lol) so both could be developed off of the same codebase.

I bought it twice so did my part!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,839 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure it's sold incredibly well.

I've pumped a scary amount of hours in.

Got my money's worth, albeit alot of those hours are retries in TD!

RA was a comparative breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,839 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    RA was a comparative breeze.

I hope so. I'm at the last two missions of TD and I've needed to cheese a lot of the later missions! And I've still got Nod to play with their vehicles made of paper maiche.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Red Alert 3 I only recall the cheesy FMVs that went way overboard, and those units that could swap function on a hotkey.

Worth it for this alone...

I feel the c&c lost something when they went overly grim and futurist with tiberian sun. Red Alert 2 and Generals were far better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Worth it for this alone...

Hah; yeah that moment was great; I like that they used the take with Curry barely suppressing his laughter. And JK Simmons was fun as the US President. The rest of the RA3's FMV story just lacked that nice balance of schlock & playing it straight. Too many famous names goofing off.
    I feel the c&c lost something when they went overly grim and futurist with tiberian sun. Red Alert 2 and Generals were far better.

Yup; I hate the TibSun timeline TBH; C&C3 had a good campaign & the Scrin pretty neat, but the actual future universe is as you say, grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im hoping for a RA2 remaster, not ashamed to say its my favourite. Each army just feels perfectly balanced.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Im hoping for a RA2 remaster, not ashamed to say its my favourite. Each army just feels perfectly balanced.

I think it's the best pure gameplay experience but I have to be honest. I'm not sure a remaster would benefit it hugely.

Graphics still more than hold up, has most QOL features etc.

Maybe for mod support and a new community.

Advertisement