Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 5 | What Comes After [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Well sorrrrryyyy

At 1st when I seen it I was like oh talking special zombies but then said you know something it's probably some dodgy group like the terminus and the guys that W on their heads.....

It will be interesting to see what the rest of the world is like though.

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Whisperers_%28The_Walking_Dead%29

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A helicopter has made a few appearances throughout the series. Rick first saw one in the first series when he was riding horseback down the Atlanta street. Rick seen one a few season later too. The model of helicopter seems to have been different every time including the one that Jadin encountered at the junkyard and the one that picked her and Rick up, which could mean there is more than one or that the producers were just silly and didn't pay much attention to that detail.

Interesting signage on the one that picked them up though:

twd-helicopter-905-1142945-640x320.jpeg

Those symbols have appeared randomly also throughout the series to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

So as I've been dipping in and out I haven't taken everything in and I have a question.
    The bridge that Rick blew up, why wasn't there a barrier to stop walkers, or some drawbridge type system?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

bazz26 wrote: »
    A helicopter has made a few appearances throughout the series. Rick first saw one in the first series when he was riding horseback down the Atlanta street. Rick seen one a few season later too. The model of helicopter seems to have been different every time including the one that Jadin encountered at the junkyard and the one that picked her and Rick up, which could mean there is more than one or that the producers were just silly and didn't pay much attention to that detail.

Interesting signage on the one that picked them up though:

twd-helicopter-905-1142945-640x320.jpeg

Those symbols have appeared randomly also throughout the series to date.

That there is a jet ranger while the last time we seen the helicopter it was a UH-1 Huey

Effects wrote: »
    So as I've been dipping in and out I haven't taken everything in and I have a question.
    The bridge that Rick blew up, why wasn't there a barrier to stop walkers, or some drawbridge type system?

They were rebuilding the bridge after it was damaged during a storm afaik.
    Reggie. wrote: »
    That there is a jet ranger while the last time we seen the helicopter it was a UH-1 Huey

Yep, the helicopter that picked Anna and Rick up was a jet ranger. The one that appeared in the junkyard was a Huey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That's what they all say. You'll be back.

Nope. I’ve given it every chance the past 2 seasons and it’s finally here.
    I’ve already deleted it from my RSS feed and from my nas. Its gone the same way as Arrow and a few others as in bye bye.

Yep, the helicopter that picked Anna and Rick up was a jet ranger. The one that appeared in the junkyard was a Huey.

Ya have to laugh as in a realistic world the UH-60 blackhawk would be the most common military helicopter type available. The hueys and jet ranger are rare enough aircraft these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Didn’t the governors crew shoot up a helicopter and it’s crew one time also?

But why didn't they have any barriers on it?
    Or if it's such a dangerous access point, have a removable section or draw bridge.

Didn’t the governors crew shoot up a helicopter and it’s crew one time also?

Yeah, that was military though, wasn't it?

• Advertisement

Ya have to laugh as in a realistic world the UH-60 blackhawk would be the most common military helicopter type available. The hueys and jet ranger are rare enough aircraft these days.

Possibly because of availability to the show producers at a guess. Maybe the US Military won't lend current hardware to tv/film producers?
    But why didn't they have any barriers on it?
    Or if it's such a dangerous access point, have a removable section or draw bridge.

It's a TV show so lots of it ain't going to fit into the realms of how things happen in the real world. If there was a barrier there then Rick would not have had his big dramatic send off by blowing it up. The same way some walkers sneak up on their victims like ninjas while others just wander around aimlessly until somebody sticks something in their brain. Or the way Rick's crew and the Saviours can have a shootout out with each other using assault rifles yet for the most part can't hit their targets.

Yeah, that was military though, wasn't it?

Yeah a national guard unit

Possibly because of availability to the show producers at a guess. Maybe the US Military won't lend current hardware to tv/film producers?

It's a TV show so lots of it ain't going to fit into the realms of how things happen in the real world. If there was a barrier there then Rick would not have had his big dramatic send off by blowing it up. The same way some walkers sneak up on their victims like ninjas while others just wander around aimlessly until somebody sticks something in their brain. Or the way Rick's crew and the Saviours can have a shootout out with each other using assault rifles yet for the most part can't hit their targets.

Or rarely change magazines

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Blackhawk would be a thirsty beast with a lot of electronics. Huey is an old bird with not much technology, they are driving old cars not new ones, and easier on fuel. I'd say the jet ranger is closer to the Huey than the Blackhawk.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Blackhawk would be a thirsty beast with a lot of electronics. Huey is an old bird with not much technology, they are driving old cars not new ones, and easier on fuel. I'd say the jet ranger is closer to the Huey than the Blackhawk.

Oh I agree but I'm saying they would be hard found. Seems to be hueys everywhere in TWD. Even the military are using them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Why can't some people grasp the fact that there's no "talking zombies". They are the Whispers who disguise themselves as walkers and talk like that when around them so as to not draw attention and move around safely.
    Rick and even Negan have done this before.
    can you grasp this is the tv series thread and no the comic one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Grown up Judith has the potential to become either a really cool character or a terrible irritant. Sadly I anticipate the latter

Blazer wrote: »
    Nope. I’ve given it every chance the past 2 seasons and it’s finally here.
    I’ve already deleted it from my RSS feed and from my nas. Its gone the same way as Arrow and a few others as in bye bye.

Bookmarked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Or the way Rick's crew and the Saviours can have a shootout out with each other using assault rifles yet for the most part can't hit their targets.
    Most of the shooting 'technique' on display would have the (original TV) A-Team rolling their eyes in despair at the ineptitude.
    It appears to be mostly about making as much noise as possible while expending all available ammunition as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Grown up Judith has the potential to become either a really cool character or a terrible irritant. Sadly I anticipate the latter

She will more than likely be taking on Carls comic book story lines which is why the producers didn't seem worried at the prospect of killing him off on the show, they have the perfect replacement. And she will also more than likely take Carls role in the Negan relationship too.

And if the above is correct then she will have a very big part to play on the TV series.

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    She will more than likely be taking on Carls comic book story lines which is why the producers didn't seem worried at the prospect of killing him off on the show, they have the perfect replacement. And she will also more than likely take Carls role in the Negan relationship too.

And if the above is correct then she will have a very big part to play on the TV series.

I imagine Henry will be doing that. Especially the
    relationship with Lydia which is Carl's big plot in this timeline really.

Also the scenes
    with Carl and Neagan in the cell relied heavily on Rick still being in the show and Carl's age and gender. Judith is still a kid whilst Carl was adolescent by then so most of the dialogue and the tone of the relationship between them will be completely different than in the comics. Carl would be far more hardened and turmoiled from the years gone by whilst Judith will have had a comparatively happy childhood, considering how oblivious she was to how the world completely changed and the hell they all went through as she is oblivious to the pre infected world and she has never known anything different than growing up in a relatively stable community.

They can only go so far with Judith replacing Carl in this regard. So no nay is Judith anywhere near a replacement for Carl

I imagine Henry will be doing that. Especially the
    relationship with Lydia which is Carl's big plot in this timeline really.

Also the scenes
    with Carl and Neagan in the cell relied heavily on Rick still being in the show and Carl's age and gender. Judith is still a kid whilst Carl was adolescent by then so most of the dialogue and the tone of the relationship between them will be completely different than in the comics. Carl would be far more hardened and turmoiled from the years gone by whilst Judith will have had a comparatively happy childhood, considering how oblivious she was to how the world completely changed and the hell they all went through as she is oblivious to the pre infected world and she has never known anything different than growing up in a relatively stable community.

They can only go so far with Judith replacing Carl in this regard. So no nay is Judith anywhere near a replacement for Carl

While she won't be a 'direct' replacement obviously, I can see her being given some of his story lines. This time jump alone brings her up to 10/11 years of age.

From a recent Forbes article;
    While I don’t think Judith is leading The Walking Dead now, it seems very clear that she’ll be the one taking up Carl’s mantle, when previously some speculated that could be Enid or even an also-now-older Henry. She’s doing it not just in her look, Rick’s hat and all, but also her storyline, as previews indicate that she’ll have some sort of relationship with the imprisoned Negan

They can pretty much do what they like with her though, she's effectively a major new character. So they may take parts of Carls stories while etching out her own persona too.

Carl's main story for the next few seasons would have been the aformentioned relationship I alluded to. Hence Henry will take over that role. They have invested a good bit into the character of Henry and obviously have plans for him. Funnily enough the new actor playing Henry is the brother of the actor that played old Henry! And............their sister is the actress that played Sophia in seasons 1 and 2 ! Nepotism is alive and well!

Enid is the character of Comic Sophia at this stage, her relationship with Maggie being the most clear and obvious indication.But with Maggie going, again that changes. Maybe they will have a male equivalent to Lydia and Sophia will step in as Carl's replacement.

Obviously Henry is hardly going to wear Rick's hat or change his name to Grimes or drop into Neagan but he will clearly be shoehorned into Carl's main stories henceforth. So I wouldn't really rely on that as much of an indicator tht she is the new Carl!!

It's also possible that Lydia and Judith will strike up some sort of friendship that helps kick off the war, rather than the romance between Lydia and Carl in the comics. I guess with Chandler Riggs.

Anyway, regardless I hope they don't go over the top trying to transform a 10 year old girl into some sort of "Kick Ass" super heroine style character. It won't translate well onto screen, much like a lot of Neagan's arc didn;t either. There is only so much they can do in replicating Carl through the medium of Judith so they would be best off steering clear of trying too hard to do so.

Carl's main story for the next few seasons....

I'm not disagreeing with you, in fact Gimple himself confirmed in December Carl’s comic book stories would be divvied up and doled out to characters who survived him:
    “We’re committed to keep telling the story from the comic book. Yes, it’s going to be different. And yes, Negan's relationship to Carl was a big part of the story moving forward, especially in the world changes we see early on. But, as usual, we do plan on telling those comic stories,” the executive producer previously told EW."

“It just will have to be with different people and it’s a different way to tell those same stories. But we hope to still fulfill what those stories do.”

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I'm not disagreeing with you, in fact Gimple himself confirmed in December Carl’s comic book stories would be divvied up and doled out to characters who survived him:

"“We’re committed to keep telling the story from the comic book. Yes, it’s going to be different. And yes, Negan's relationship to Carl was a big part of the story moving forward, especially in the world changes we see early on. But, as usual, we do plan on telling those comic stories,” the executive producer previously told EW."

“It just will have to be with different people and it’s a different way to tell those same stories. But we hope to still fulfill what those stories do.”

TRANSLATION : We now realise we have made a complete zero foresight f"ck up killing off Carl for nothing other than a bit of shock factor, even though the actor was completely committed to the show but we will desperately fiddle around now with other characters and insist that it was all part of the masterplan!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I imagine if Carl was stil on the scene, Rick would be out for good this time

phobia2011 wrote: »
    I imagine if Carl was stil on the scene, Rick would be out for good this time

How do you mean?
    Besides Lincoln confirmed he won't be EVER returning for the tv show. He was pretty adamant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

How do you mean?
    Besides Lincoln confirmed he won't be EVER returning for the tv show. He was pretty adamant

Is it possible Rick(Lincoln) is gone BECAUSE Carl(Riggs) got royally shafted? As in doesn't want to work with the show now after such a major dick move but won't say that in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Is it possible Rick(Lincoln) is gone BECAUSE Carl(Riggs) got royally shafted? As in doesn't want to work with the show now after such a major dick move but won't say that in public.

But he is staying on just on another project which is a spin off.

Money talks

• Advertisement
Advertisement