Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 5 | What Comes After [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

bazz26 wrote: »
    I find it a bit funny that those who seem to hate the show so much are usually the first ones to watch and discuss it here. :D

Hate what it’s become. It’s cliched nonsense at this stage.
    I think I can say I’m done with it for definite now.
    It’s just a parody of itself now.

Also what’s the betting the super zombies will be able to talk better then Jadis’s group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Well that was...interesting!

I'm still trying to process it as there it a lot to process. The main thing for me is that Rick wasn't killed off. I think that would have been the most pointless and retrograde move this show has made, and yes it has made some awful decisions.

And of course they were teasing with us similar to the Glenn dumpster thing so no doubt this will annoy lots of people. But really, who honestly, really believed that Rick was going to actually die? Although I genuinely thought Andrew Lincoln was just going to take a long break, go and do other separate stuff, and then come back for the final couple of episodes. Then I find out he's getting his own WD film trilogy :pac:

The dream sequences were mostly great. How could anyone not get a kick out of seeing Rick and Shane together again? Loved it. And good old Hershel, great fella. But Sasha?! How many times did she and Rick actually interact? What a weird move. But overall I think this episode was a fitting 'farewell' for Rick.

Given their history, I thought Maggie was way too quick in changing her mind on Negan. It was just 'okay, you're saved, back in your cell'. I didn't really buy that.

As for what comes next, I'm trying to avoid trailers as much as possible but I'm certainly ready for a totally new story, the show needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I enjoyed that. Feel a bit conned with Rick but not annoyed as I was with Glenn under the dumpster.

I've often said I just want to see them all wiped out with the exception of Daryl but almost had a tear in my eye when I thought he was meeting his end. So kind of happy to see him survive.

Really think this season is a marked improvement and beginning to get in to it again. Trailer for next few episodes look interesting but will be curious if some of the lesser cast members can carry the show now. Think they need to use Negan somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Collie D wrote: »
    I enjoyed that. Feel a bit conned with Rick but not annoyed as I was with Glenn under the dumpster.

I've often said I just want to see them all wiped out with the exception of Daryl but almost had a tear in my eye when I thought he was meeting his end. So kind of happy to see him survive.

Really think this season is a marked improvement and beginning to get in to it again. Trailer for next few episodes look interesting but will be curious if some of the lesser cast members can carry the show now. Think they need to use Negan somehow.

I believe the people rescued at the field are going to help neegan.

Why would a tennis ball be thrown in....

Why would a tennis ball be thrown in....

Not sure I get you or even if that's a metaphor or not :)

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    Not sure I get you or even if that's a metaphor or not :)

Tennis ball rolls into the cell.

Ah, I missed that. Thanks... that would have wrecked my head if you hadn't explained

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

While I enjoyed the episode I'm not sure if they're going to wring all of the good that's left out of TWD. I mean, there's the main show, then there's FTWD, and now, three feature-length tv movies plus more things that they can't talk about yet?? Like seriously, can a genre be overdone??

It was lovely to see Scott Wilson as Herschel again - that scene was shot and scripted so poignantly that I can't help but wonder if those involved, Scott included, knew that this was probably going to be his last time on screen :(:( I agree that Sasha seemed like a random addition, but I guess she's among the highest-profile of previous cast members due to her involvement in Star Trek Discovery. Carl or Glenn would have been more obvious choices, I thought. Great performance from Andrew Lincoln throughout. From all of them really.

So that was also Maggie's last episode?? She just disappears out of the story without a goodbye? Kinda weird, Rick gets this long, protracted goodbye and suddenly it's six years later and Maggie (another main character) has been gone all that time too with no real explanation or goodbye scene. I really hope for Lauren Cohan's sake that her new show is a success!

I though JDM did a great job in his scene with Maggie. Still not sure if Negan's playing a game or not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Blazer wrote: »
    I think I can say I’m done with it for definite now.
    It’s just a parody of itself now.

That's what they all say. You'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I wonder did Maggie and the rest of the group hear the Helicopter, surely they did.?

• Advertisement

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I though JDM did a great job in his scene with Maggie.

On a par with his bad character acting from previous seasons.

jonon9 wrote: »
    I wonder did Maggie and the rest of the group hear the Helicopter, surely they did.?

Yes, I've been wondering this too...surely Anne/Jadis can't be the only person seeing and hearing the chopper??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yes, I've been wondering this too...surely Anne/Jadis can't be the only person seeing and hearing the chopper??

I'd imagine not with the sound of the river and that it was probably a good bit down stream

Mc Love wrote: »
    I'd imagine not with the sound of the river and that it was probably a good bit down stream

But at other times - like when she was on guard duty at night a couple of episodes back - surely someone else from the camp heard the engine and saw the lights?? She can't have been that far away from the camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I felt majorly cheated on this episode, they had this amazing episode with all these great cameo's then they have Rick blow out the bridge saving the community and make what looks a final sacrifice (had me in tears ill admit) and then they cheaply leave him alive , and then I read about the plans for the expansion I absolutely hated it , I was so mad , I'm a longtime watcher of this show and have complained a lot but I'll always love it flaws and all but jesus .......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I felt majorly cheated on this episode, they had this amazing episode with all these great cameo's then they have Rick blow out the bridge saving the community and make what looks a final sacrifice (had me in tears ill admit) and then they cheaply leave him alive , and then I read about the plans for the expansion I absolutely hated it , I was so mad , I'm a longtime watcher of this show and have complained a lot but I'll always love it flaws and all but jesus .......

Don’t think he was in this episode 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Mc Love wrote: »

The noise from a helicopter travels a good distance and they have people acting as radio relays so they should be able to hear if not see a helicopter. You could see the smoke from the bridge as the chopper landed so someone should have seen or heard it even with the river and herd.

and then I read about the plans for the expansion I absolutely hated it , I was so mad

They don't care about fans, they only care about making money.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

It was a different helicopter than the last episode aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Effects wrote: »
    and then I read about the plans for the expansion I absolutely hated it , I was so mad

They don't care about fans, they only care about making money.
    3 x 4 hour "emotional" spectaculars directed by Scott Gimple with random cameo scenes by M Night Shyamalan. Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Why can't some people grasp the fact that there's no "talking zombies". They are the Whispers who disguise themselves as walkers and talk like that when around them so as to not draw attention and move around safely.
    Rick and even Negan have done this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Were those new people at the end new cast members? Because if so the acting was absolutely atrocious really fake and bad this show is gonna sink even futhur now with Rick and Maggie just up and gone the 2 best characters

Why can't some people grasp the fact that there's no "talking zombies". They are the Whispers who disguise themselves as walkers and talk like that when around them so as to not draw attention and move around safely.

Well sorrrrryyyy

At 1st when I seen it I was like oh talking special zombies but then said you know something it's probably some dodgy group like the terminus and the guys that W on their heads.....

It will be interesting to see what the rest of the world is like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Well sorrrrryyyy

At 1st when I seen it I was like oh talking special zombies but then said you know something it's probably some dodgy group like the terminus and the guys that W on their heads.....

It will be interesting to see what the rest of the world is like though.

Looks like it skips forward by 5 or so years so the world will be a lot different as infrastructure decays even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

anyway this Jadis-helicopter story I thought they whatever this group is that they are looking for exceptional type-A people like Rick but I thought rick would be an A, despite his sometimes hesitation to act, but perhaps because he was injured Jadis called him a B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I'm actually disappointed the 'talking zombies' are not real zombies, I think that the zombies 'evolving' would be great to watch, those slow moving zombies seem to be less & less of a threat with each episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I'm actually disappointed the 'talking zombies' are not real zombies, I think that the zombies 'evolving' would be great to watch, those slow moving zombies seem to be less & less of a threat with each episode
    I think they should steer well clear of half baked "evolution" storylines. How much could a sub-species evolve in the space of about 6/7 years for it to be noticeable. They'll really make ****e of it if going down that road imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I can’t remember which episode it was but I’m pretty sure it happened in a previous season, when one or two characters heard and saw a helicopter far off in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the episode at times felt like they brought in a competition winner/fan/work experience intern to write it. ricks rescue felt cheap and though i love the character i was leaning towards wanting him to die in that moment. it was one of those suspension of reality '' just happened to be the right place, right time''

maggie's just gone now?! last season they were building toward a showdown between rick and maggie that never happened. there should have been a final showdown scene with them about negan, but instead we just got michonne.

and all these time jumps are very disorientating. 6 years?! show feels like its all over the shop at the moment. the judith scene was a bit cringe, hence the work experience remark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I enjoyed it. Darryl's face nearly had me crying.

Would have preferred to see the Maggie and Rick showdown before this, possibly enough to put the Hilltop at permanent odds with the rest of the community, even after the time jump.

Advertisement