Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 5 | What Comes After [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 04-11-2018 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 5 - "What Comes After"

Airdate - November 4th on AMC at 9/8c | November 5th on FOX UK at 9PM

Rick is forced to face the past as he struggles to maintain the safety of the communities.

Promo

How did you rate this episode? 68 votes

0%
    10%
    Collie Drobertpattersonshawki[Deleted User]Avatar MIAsteveshortewc78 7 votes
    26%
    storkerArmaniJeanssNUTZZw/s/p/c/fritzellyCYHSNebbsycathaljbrianregan09[Deleted User]mcdaids69Mac BsabhailCiaranWjrkbPeatysclunkyengiweirdo 18 votes
    26%
    rtronfrashclaivaSpook_iecharlietheminxxDubDJalchemist33BIGT4464downesyphobia2011LandonRickettsAlfred Bordenduffysfarmdavo2001Walter.WhiteLiving Off The Splashs3rtvdbwfj81chmucser7 18 votes
    14%
    TinCoolMc LoveMacker1Sofiztikatedmojesiustreade1foozzybear61holygoaliefcLost baggreenwaving 10 votes
    5%
    Darth MelkorcoolisinGwynplaineElvisjuice 4 votes
    7%
    MickerooFreudianSlippersParkman77Sudden ValleyWhelo79 5 votes
    2%
    muppetkillerterryduff12 2 votes
    4%
    big sykeThe Megaphonetnegun 3 votes
    1%
    biggebruv 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

oh ffs...the first minute is a complete and utter joke. And I'm only a minute into the bloody thing.
    as for the ending...just shoot me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't watched the show in 2 years but having read how Rick "exits" and plans for the future of the character, I can't think of a greedier decision. Hilarious and mind-boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So Rick gets saved and announced he will continue on his journey in separate films and works.

That won't annoy people at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

To be fair I thought the episode had quite a few nice moments. Seeing Shane again was lovely, and my heart hurt a little seeing poor aul Hershel (knowing Scott Wilson recently passed away). The initial bridge save was cheesy, but Michonne and Rick's interaction did touch me. And then seeing Daryl cry might have gotten a tear or two outta me.

On the other hand, Sasha felt totally random, and Negan's breakdown was a proper WTF moment. Such a fall from his initial badass entry.

In a way, I really like that we all got swerved. I'd seen a spoiler about two weeks ago giving out about 'two episodes left for Rick' and was furious cos it spoiled a big death for me. So while watching this, I was thinking "yeah they're pulling out all the big guns for the star's exit'... Until the Deus Ex Helicopter of Fortune swooped in to save him.

This season is still considerably better than recent seasons, so I'm grateful for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

To be fair I thought the episode had quite a few nice moments. Seeing Shane again was lovely, and my heart hurt a little seeing poor aul Hershel (knowing Scott Wilson recently passed away). The initial bridge save was cheesy, but Michonne and Rick's interaction did touch me. And then seeing Daryl cry might have gotten a tear or two outta me.

On the other hand, Sasha felt totally random, and Negan's breakdown was a proper WTF moment. Such a fall from his initial badass entry.

In a way, I really like that we all got swerved. I'd seen a spoiler about two weeks ago giving out about 'two episodes left for Rick' and was furious cos it spoiled a big death for me. So while watching this, I was thinking "yeah they're pulling out all the big guns for the star's exit'... Until the Deus Ex Helicopter of Fortune swooped in to save him.

This season is still considerably better than recent seasons, so I'm grateful for that.

Deus ex Helimacopter. I like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I enjoyed it, bit of nostalgia and old characters popping up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

if only comic book guy was here.

worst *something* ever.

it was really sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

wow what a copout, no pun intended. Really disappointed as this season has ben good. They could have drawn out more the conflict between Rick and Daryll and Maggie but that is all wasted with another time-jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I really enjoyed that episode, Rick was never being killed off here. I loved the flash back sequences to the hospital and the streets of Atlanta, and as mentioned above the scenes with the recently deceased Scott Wilson, Hershel, felt all the more emotional.

Am I the only one thinking this is all an act with Negan? I was half expecting a smile when the camera panned as Maggie was leaving him crying in the cell.

Having said that, I can't help but agree with this point;
    What can we surmise, given this quick glimpse of Future Judith? We know that seven or more years out, there is still no resolution to the zombie crisis, and the group Rick once led is still traipsing around the same parts of the same forest. There is no elaborate society built, no infrastructure restored. This snapshot efficiently conveys that, years and years from now, almost nothing will have changed in the universe of The Walking Dead, other than Michonne’s implied death. (Why would Judith have Michonne’s sword if she was still alive?) It feels to me like the show deflates an enormous amount of potential future tension in this scene, which may ultimately just be a throwaway. On top of that, it seems like it will be extremely difficult to take any of the mourning or regret people feel about the loss of Rick seriously when the audience knows he’s alive and under Jadis’ care.

It’s almost like the show went out of its way to surgically remove any stakes or consequences from what should have been its most impactful moment — and all in the name of a stunt nobody will remember a week from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Spoiler(ish) regarding Maggie;
    In a surprise confirmation AMC and The Walking Dead showrunner confirm that Lauren Cohan has ended her run on the show…for now.
    We knew Andrew Lincoln’s time on The Walking Dead was ending with episode 905 “What Comes After” but it turns out that Lauren Cohan’s run on the show also ended with this episode, which ends with a six-year time jump. Angela Kang and AMC programming president David Madden confirmed the news to The Hollywood Reporter following the episode’s conclusion on Sunday night.

“That’s the last of her for this season,” Angela Kang confirmed. “We’ve been talking to Lauren and hopefully we’ll get to tell more story for her.” Madden added that Cohan and Kang talk regularly: “Angela and Lauren talk. They are actually friendly. And we would like to see her come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

What... OK hang on a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

jonon9 wrote: »
    What... OK hang on a minute!

Evolving.... hope them fcukers start running, crazy clicker style!!

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Evolving.... hope them fcukers start running, crazy clicker style!!

Checked up on it and it's not what I thought as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Man don’t tell me any of you did not see the chopper coming.....

Try to avoid all spoilers but had read earlier in the day he was gonna be in some TWD movies so kinda knew maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did anyone notice another snip we were shown where the walkers actually talk????

I was right with Rick been saved and taken off in a chopper by junk girl.

Wonder what the future will be like and where Rick will be that he can never get back.

Did anyone notice another snip we were shown where the walkers actually talk????

Or did "they"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Ok I actually enjoyed that! Best episode in seasons and plenty of little nods back to the shows beginnings and a real sense of washing the Gimple out of its hair at last. Was seriously losing patience with it but have a bit of renewed hope now it can maybe start to rebuild again. Trouble now is, outside of Negan , Carol and the MIA Morgan are the remaining characters strong enough to maintain the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So they have evolved the zombies to actually talk and think?
    So they are becoming more human?
    This fast forward thing gets really tiring but I have to say that it was an interesting episode.
    I really wish Shane would have been kept on as i think he'd have been a good counter to negan.
    Negan breaking down.. my god.
    Rick must have lost litres of blood but his aim is still sharp I must say.
    Wonder if rick is back in Atlanta considering how it shows him lying in a hospital bed with the city behind him.

bear1 wrote: »
    So they have evolved the zombies to actually talk and think?
    So they are becoming more human?

Yeah, they'll be eating brain cookies soon or will they

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

How long are zombies actually suppose to survive, all the walking around with dead tissue they really should be falling apart long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I loved this episode, pure escapism, I don’t care what anyone says. I felt sorry for Rick, he was being tortured for the entire episode with blood draining from him the whole time and constantly under attack from the walkers unrelentlessly following him. Gotta admire his determination to survive.

Regarding the flash forward at the end and the preview of upcoming episodes, I’m pretty sure the “wherrrrre arrrre thheeeyyyy?” we hear is
    actually from a storyline in the comics involving the Whisperers, humans mixed in with the walker herd and imitating them to survive
    . I’m excited to see what this next chapter of the story has in store for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thought it was a pretty decent episode, figured that the helicopter would have something to do with Rick alright. Leaves it open for him to return at some point or at least make viewers believe he will. Spoiler:
    I'm convinced that the helicopter is belong to the Common Wealth group who are a pivotal part of a later story in the comic.

Great to see Shane and Hershel again, brought back memories of when the show was in it's prime. Also like the way they have fast forwarded the timeline again so that the story has pace that it has been seriously missing the last few seasons.

Spoiler:
    BTW apparently this episode was Lauren Cohen's last appearance as Maggie for the time being.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Did I miss some whispers in the flash forward? I saw little asskicker out saving Dan Fogler. So much for the theory that she'd been killed off and replaced by that baby Rick and Daryl found with the saviours.

I find it a bit funny that those who seem to hate the show so much are usually the first ones to watch and discuss it here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I wonder how far along before the Whisperers appear? It's no secret that they come into the show. The guy who played Opey in Sons of Anarchy is cast as one anyway.
    So in this episode it's been 18 months since Negan killed Glen as Maggie said it and now going by the preview clips there's a jump of 5 years again.

Wonder what an A or B is with Rick been a B.

Maybe those that read the comics know.

You would think after 9 years or whatever it is at this stage since the walkers started that people would be better prepared and equipped.

In the promo for the next week's episode you can hear the walkers speaking. Theory is that's the whisperers, not walkers speaking.

A and B are in relation to grades of humans around trading, like livestock.
    Possibly related to the Common Wealth in later stories in the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Wonder what an A or B is with Rick been a B.

Maybe those that read the comics know.

You would think after 9 years or whatever it is at this stage since the walkers started that people would be better prepared and equipped.

I was thinking blood type?

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    In the promo for the next week's episode you can hear the walkers speaking. Theory is that's the whisperers, not walkers speaking.

A and B are in relation to grades of humans around trading, like livestock.
    Possibly related to the Common Wealth in later stories in the comics.

I had a feeling, just was thinking could it be there are some super breed.

Bit like the guys from before with W on their foreheads so

Advertisement