Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost-Effective, High-Functionality, User-Friendly Replacement for Pay TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭cwboy

All working fine now. Can you change the skin used on this build?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭NewClareman

cwboy wrote: »

I’ve not tried, but I don’t see why not. However, all the revised ke6 mappings, etc, will be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

cwboy wrote: »

You should be able to download skins from the plugin menu. I strongly recommend you make a backup of your settings and full install first from the software manager menu. Some skins can give unpredictable results, change/hide menus etc or have negative effects on performance.
    If it totally messes up you can quickly restore from your backup.

You should be able to download skins from the plugin menu. I strongly recommend you make a backup of your settings and full install first from the software manager menu. Some skins can give unpredictable results, change/hide menus etc or have negative effects on performance.
    If it totally messes up you can quickly restore from your backup.

I agree, but in this case he has just installed my image, so he can just reinstall if things go belly up. I have done a lot of customization, not just key mappings, but font sizes, menu settings etc. He could be better of just downloading a vanilla image, if he wants to try different skins.

I see where you're coming from but it's just a good habit to get into, making a backup BEFORE playing with things. We've all had the " I wonder what this does?..... OHhhhh sugar" moments :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

With the final version being released , does this mean I have to flash the tiviar again to get it ?

Barr wrote: »
    With the final version being released , does this mean I have to flash the tiviar again to get it ?

Yes, but you won’t lose anything. What you will need to do is go into ABM and input your local transmitter. Then do a scan within ABM, and once that works correctly you are good to go. If it fails on the terrestrial scan, it means that you have inputted the wrong transmitter. (There are existing threads on how to identify the correct one.)

Sorry for being so brief, but I’m really pressed for time.

Yes, but you won’t lose anything. What you will need to do is go into ABM and input your local transmitter. Then do a scan within ABM, and once that works correctly you are good to go. If it fails on the terrestrial scan, it means that you have inputted the wrong transmitter. (There are existing threads on how to identify the correct one.)

Sorry for being so brief, but I’m really pressed for time.

Thanks ,looks like I have some work to do .My box hasn't arrived yet and its already out dated :pac:

No escaping the techie stuff after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Thanks Clareman for making the changes. appreciated. Which image is the one to use? one is titled:

generic_image_with_auto_u~

or

Tivaraplus_childrens _bouqu~

trabpc wrote: »
    Thanks Clareman for making the changes. appreciated. Which image is the one to use? one is titled:

generic_image_with_auto_u~

or

Tivaraplus_childrens _bouqu~

The latest one is the top one. (I left the 2nd one just in case any difficulties showed up with setting up the new one.)

It could really do with a post on setting up ABM, for newbies, but I just haven’t time at the moment. (I wanted to get the image up, as I’d promised it to a few people.)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the changes. Having the kids on one section is great. Thanks again.

The latest one is the top one. (I left the 2nd one just in case any difficulties showed up with setting up the new one.)

It could really do with a post on setting up ABM, for newbies, but I just haven’t time at the moment. (I wanted to get the image up, as I’d promised it to a few people.)

Speaking for the newbies..... that would be great.

What does ABM stand for ?

Speaking for the newbies..... that would be great.

What does ABM stand for ?
    Auto bouquets maker

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

Hi, just bought the stb based on this thread. Thanks all. Can someone tell me the difference between these images, NCM and THHB v's the wooshbuild on UK sites. New to all this!

I got mine installed today - delighted with it , very slick setup:) . Massive thanks to NewClareman.

I did have to input the transmitter as advised ( well the satellite installer did ), Spurhill in Cork for me , quick scan and it was good to go.

He put another cable from the tiviar to the aerial port on the back of tv so I can watch saorview through tv as well.

The only thing I cant seem to locate are the apps . How do I find these ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Is this build based on OpenATV or Vix? Or something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Plugins

Not sure about that , just done what was at the start of the thread.

Plugins

I'm going under the menu can't find plugins either , am I missing something :confused:

There is an INFORMATION button in the menu that will tell you what flavour, version number etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

There is an INFO button in the menu that will tell you what flavour, version number etc
    Haven't installed yet, waiting on box to arrive. Researching at the moment...anyone know the answer?

I'd guess openATV which IMO is the best image around and AFAIK developed from Vix

There is an INFORMATION button in the menu that will tell you what flavour, version number etc

The only thing I have under menu is :

Tune in radio
    Timers
    standby/restart
    enhanced movie centre
    movie browser
    e2i player
    merlin music player
    setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

The only thing I have under menu is :

Tune in radio
    Timers
    standby/restart
    enhanced movie centre
    movie browser
    e2i player
    merlin music player
    setup

What's in setup

I got mine installed today - delighted with it , very slick setup:)

The build is based on OpenATV6.2 with the core packages updated.

The plugins are mapped to various buttons on the remote, e.g. a dedicated button for web Radio, watching movies, etc. There is a remote control layout, in the online directory that you can download and, I suggest, laminate.

It should be possible to configure the plugins, once launched, from their own menus. If you want to view plugins under menu, hit the blue menu, when in the menu, you can then see the plugins on screen two. This is not persistent- I.e. you have to do it each time. This is designed behavior, to hide the plugins during day to day use. :)

Perfect ... see it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

Hi, just about to flash my STB.

Do I need to flash the openvix image first and then New Clare mans image after that or just NCM image?

Install the hard drive first or flash first?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,583 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'd guess openATV which IMO is the best image around and AFAIK developed from Vix

Openatv are around alot longer than Vix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

@Anaki r2d2 have you got the box yet, when you buy it from WOS you ask for openatv image, you don't put openvix on it and then openatv.

Best to just flash NCM image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭green123

Channel 4 hd problem.

The epg is blank for channel 4 hd.
    When i click on the channel i can watch it fine. Then i go back to the epg and it will show me just now and next for channel 4 hd.

This is on the latest image and was the same on the previous image.

The box is not connected to the Internet and i did not install the picicons.
    But i thought i read somewhere that it does not need to be online ?

What am i doing wrong ?

Advertisement