Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 2nd November 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Skid X wrote: »

He's utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭applehunter

I never liked Mary Robinson.

I grew up with my sisters doing bad impressions of her "Mna na hÉireann" speech.

I was a perceptive child.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭applehunter

monkey9 wrote: »
    He's utterly ridiculous.

The whole presidential election was ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jameswhalley

Andy Lee and Peter Casey

Just saying..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Without reservation Andy Lee is a complete gentleman and role model. That said he is completely unrepresentative of the traveller community as a whole.

I'm no fan of Casey but I do appreciate the fact that he has brought this issue to the forefront. There have been many people and communities who have been blighted by traveller intimidation and criminality for decades and their concerns fell on deaf ears because public representatives needed to toe the safe line. They expressed their views in the ballot box and at the very least deserved to be involved in an adult discussion.

RTE have taken the soft focus option in order to placate the Casey voters. This will not advance the discussion unfortunately. If they were really serious about discussing this issue they would have facilitated an open discussion between traveller activists and community representatives who have been negatively impacted by travellers in their communities.

• Advertisement

No better man than Casey to handle an ambush, I doubt he's going in cold, likely he will have researched every single guest and Tubs weak points for ammo before the show starts.

I'd say it will be more like he'll "wing it"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

monkey9 wrote: »
    He's utterly ridiculous.

Compared to what beat him in the polls. He's clear from utterly riduculous. Believe me. At least he turned up for interviews . At least he's not hiding expenses. At least he has no problem travelling by car. At least he's truthful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It'll be like the Toy Show for racism ethnic criticism.

I think we should take a moment to think of the mods.

Poor mods.

God be with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I didn't know Andy Lee was a Traveller.

I didn't know Andy Lee was a Traveller.

Neither do most of the people who don't like travellers.

• Advertisement

The weekly pisstaking of Tubs and RTE is gonna be lost in an avalanche of After Hours invaders spoiling for a fight :(

Use the report button when you feel violated:P

• Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The whole presidential election was ridiculous.

I still think we do not need a president

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all! :)

Let’s get this party started!!

latest?cb=20160913002531

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He finished 2nd with almost more than the combined total of all challengers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Yellow dress

M

I'd say it will be more like he'll "wing it"

That too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I still think we do not need a president

But shur who'd wish the players the best of luck before the All Ireland's????? :D

Here's a guide to Dancing On The Stars 2019 Presenters and Contestants appearances on RTE Talk Shows 2018/19, which I will forget about and never update.

02.11.18 Jennifer Zamparelli - LLS

All we need now is Zig and Zag to bring us back a few years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

When I heard Andy Lee was on the same night as Peter Casey, I felt this was gonna be an ambush. Andy Lee would not represent the "stereotypical Traveller" in his manner or in his behaviour. He's an absolute gent. If all Travellers were as respectful as Andy Lee, then there would not have been such huge support for Casey's comments. But they are not.

Maybe they should ask bleeding heart Mary Robinson about her interactions with the Travellers. Maybe they could ask her about the fact that a year after she had them up dancing with her in the Aras, her father objected to them getting houses up near him and her brother in Mayo.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/mayo-houses-for-travellers-get-go-ahead-1.184018

What was the word that Peter Casey used - "disingenuous" ?

• Advertisement

The Elders sounds like a Tribe from Game of Dragons, or one of those shows people get over-excited about.

But shur who'd wish the players the best of luck before the All Ireland's????? :D

I voted Higgins, because I think it's hilarious when he's smaller than the mascots on All Ireland day.

Trump question in 3...2...1...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

The Elders sounds like some sort illuminati or a group of lizard people

M

The UN is a bit of a load of bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

doylefe wrote: »
    Yellow dress

Big Bird.

The Elders sounds like a Tribe from Game of Dragons, or one of those shows people get over-excited about.

Or an episode from Lost in Space or Star Trek.

"The Elders will make their decision on your future soon. In the meantime, you will remain here on this planet as our guest". :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

We've returned some great Presidents all the same.

EPAndlee wrote: »
    The Elders sounds like some sort illuminati or a group of lizard people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Has tubridy confirmed that he would be happy living next door to to a traveller encampment?

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but he did say that he wouldn't mind living beside a Chocolate Factory before.

Advertisement