Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 2nd November 2018

Options
  • 02-11-2018 7:47pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's a rotten evening out there, winter has really arrived, anyway to cheer all up tonight will be....

Jennifer Maguire Zamparelli to talk about taking over as host of Dancing with the Stars.

Andy Lee will be on to talk about growing up as part of traveller community and his Boxing career.

Mary Robinson will be on talk about climate change and what she sees in the future for Ireland.

David McWilliams will be tallking about his new book Renaissance Nation and the economy and all that.

Presidental candidate Peter Casey will discuss his campaign and losing in a landslide to Miggeldy.

Music comes from The Blizzards and Phil Coulter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

No doubt an ambush on Peter Casey. Can't have it seem that actually many people in the country agree with him !!

Is Mary Robinson selling something? Must be something in the appearance for her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There's elements could make rise to a decent show, could have Casey on and Lee out after to join him...but likely it'll be Casey being asked about his roots and life in the states. Bland I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

2smiggy wrote: »
    No doubt an ambush on Peter Casey. Can't have it seem that actually many people in the country agree with him !!

If you want to see an ambush look up Gerry Adams on the LLS. Gay wouldn't sit with him and every guest, a panel no less, was laying into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No better man than Casey to handle an ambush, I doubt he's going in cold, likely he will have researched every single guest and Tubs weak points for ammo before the show starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If you want to see an ambush look up Gerry Adams on the LLS. Gay wouldn't sit with him and every guest, a panel no less, was laying into him.

That was a classic - Gerrys best performance.

Good to see Casey on.. He ain't going away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Casey should be well able for Tubridy, and if hes not, he should have a look at how Mick McCarthy handled his questioning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Looking forward to Andy Lee, well spoken and knowledgeable

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Mary will be pushing her apocalypse nonsense and telling us the only answer is higher taxes, then she’ll get on her jet and go collect another award for virtue signaling. As for Casey it will be a highly aggressive interview, the racist bigoted labels will be thrown at him with Ryan in full sjw mode. Oh and expect pavee point be in the front row.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Roughly 20% of the less than half of the country who bothered to vote voted for him.

So, maybe 10% of the electorate.

Just pointing out the figures, is all.

I think over 50% voted for him in an After Hours poll.

The single best actual people vs internet people comparison I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

She's there to tell him/us all what being a president really means.And the Andy Lee is there to be pointed at while being said "See! Not all travellers are bad"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭applehunter

465220.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Yup - a book out on Climate Justice : Hope, Resilience, and the Fight for a Sustainable Future

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Also, think Mary Robinson got appointed as chair of 'The Elders' this week. Some Human Rights group thing.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Mary will be pushing her apocalypse nonsense and telling us the only answer is higher taxes, then she’ll get on her jet and go collect another award for virtue signaling. As for Casey it will be a highly aggressive interview, the racist bigoted labels will be thrown at him with Ryan in full sjw mode. Oh and expect pavee point be in the front row.
    Ol' Donie wrote: »

Roughly 20% of the less than half of the country who bothered to vote voted for him.

So, maybe 10% of the electorate.

Just pointing out the figures, is all.

I think over 50% voted for him in an After Hours poll.

The single best actual people vs internet people comparison I've ever seen.
    About 350,000 votes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

465220.JPG

yes let's not have any discussion that'll sort everything

Try_harder wrote: »
    Looking forward to Andy Lee, well spoken and knowledgeable

I don't know anyone who doesn't like Andy Lee.

I really, really hope he gets involved in the Peter Casey conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

vladmydad wrote: »
    Mary will be pushing her apocalypse nonsense

It's not just Mary Robinson pushing this apocalypse nonsense - it's also the vast majority of the world's climate scientists. I mean, what would they know? To hell with their peer-reviewed nonsense - I once saw a video about this apocalypse nonsense on YouTube, and I can confirm that it's nonsense. Nonsense, that's what it is. Absolute nonsense.

No better man than Casey to handle an ambush, I doubt he's going in cold, likely he will have researched every single guest and Tubs weak points for ammo before the show starts.

What makes you say this?

I've only ever heard him speak on the presidential debates, he seemed every bit as prepared as the four other chancers, who between them had not one single worthwhile thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I see a big crowd and lots of hi vis vests in the thread tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

The weekly pisstaking of Tubs and RTE is gonna be lost in an avalanche of After Hours invaders spoiling for a fight :(

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What makes you say this?

I've only ever heard him speak on the presidential debates, he seemed every bit as prepared as the four other chancers, who between them had not one single worthwhile thing to say.

Even less prepared than the other chancers. Until he struck gold with the anti-Traveller comments, he was winging it in every interview and debate - usually with a knowing grin on his face. He was on 1% for a very good reason. It's unlikely that he'll have done an ounce of homework tonight, but the easily-impressed will lap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The weekly pisstaking of Tubs and RTE is gonna be lost in an avalanche of After Hours invaders spoiling for a fight :(

Tonights thread should be for season ticket holders only :D

It'll be like the Toy Show for racism ethnic criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So I am supposed to be outraged tonight...personally I am making mental notes of all who have been upset over free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Also, think Mary Robinson got appointed as chair of 'The Elders' this week. Some Human Rights group thing.

It is for people who think highly of themselves.

RobertKK wrote: »
    It is for people who think highly of themselves.

Bunch of nobodies. Desmond Tutu? Desmond Who Who, more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Francie will be in shortly so to try to close down the conversation :rolleyes: and no doubt some of the KKK sorry PPP will be in the audience

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think twitter may break tonight :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

RobertKK wrote: »
    So I am supposed to be outraged tonight...personally I am making mental notes of all who have been upset over free speech.

There is free speech, not they right to speak bs unchallenged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Advertisement