Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick marathon 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

shotgunmcos 10k 39.23
    kerrylad1 10k 39.20

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭6run28

Absolutely beautiful morning in Limerick. Not a cloud in the sky. Not running today but will be out supporting.

kerrylad1 Half 1.29.55
    shotgunmcos appears to have stopped at 12.4 miles, hope it’s just a glitch.

healy1835 thru 9k in the Half in 34.07
    martyboy thru 9k in 38.31
    kerrylad1 30k in the Full 2.08.12

shotgunmcos must have pulled out, stopped at 12.4 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

OOnegative wrote:
    shotgunmcos must have pulled out, stopped at 12.4 miles.

Shows as having gone through 30k on the tracker no? 2.07.55

• Advertisement

ReeReeG wrote: »
    Shows as having gone through 30k on the tracker no? 2.07.55

Mine is showing he’s stopped at 12.4 still, thankfully a glitch!!

Sergiu with the win in 2.20.26, Peter Mooney 2nd in 2.29.xx.

shotgunmcos 40k in 2.49.28, sub 3 is on keep her lit man!!

kerrylad1 40k in 2.52.32, pace slipping slightly.

shotgunmcos 2.58.50 Finish. That’s some running, fantastic performance by the man, we’ll done Sir!!

• Advertisement

kerrylad1 3.02.24 Finish, well done J. Sub 3 few weeks back in Manchester.

martyboy 1.29.38 for the Half, great running M. That sub 20 5k done ya no harm!!

Anyone have a finish time for healy1835?

Swashbucklers crew came 2nd in the relay to I believe, some debut 2.33 full for the man!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Kellygirl finished the HM 1.53.55

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

OOnegative wrote: »

martyboy 1.29.38 for the Half, great running M. That sub 20 5k done ya no harm!!

Cheers B, found it quiet warm out there. Anyone who hit targets did well.....

Had to work hard for that in last 2 miles. Almost came to a stop with 1.5 miles to go feeling sorry for myself. Pacer did a good job and picked me up. It wasn't a pretty run home from there!!!!! Took a tumble on one of the speed bumps. Eventful day!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

DNF for me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

1:29:33 for me in the half...first time under 90 mins and a huge improvement on last HM in November.

Big thanks to the 1:30 pacer....will do a proper race report over on my log later on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Trampas

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Cheers B, found it quiet warm out there. Anyone who hit targets did well.....

Had to work hard for that in last 2 miles. Almost came to a stop with 1.5 miles to go feeling sorry for myself. Pacer did a good job and picked me up. It wasn't a pretty run home from there!!!!! Took a tumble on one of the speed bumps. Eventful day!!!!

Was that you who tumbled coming up to 9 miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I'm boll*xed. Found it very very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Happy to get round in 3:35 ish, 10 mins short of my PB but a few seconds inside my best for this course.

Carrying a calf injury from 3 weeks ago, so ran with 4 hr pacers for first 30 mins to warm up before upping it to 8 min mile pace.

Calf was very tight but bearable as long as was going in a straight line, hopped in the air a few times when I caught it awkwardly negotiating the many bollards, speed humps and general weaving though crowds.

Loved the weather, crowds and lack of wind! Also great to get round taking on nothing more than copious amounts of water with no hint of a bonk.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Trampas wrote: »
    Was that you who tumbled coming up to 9 miles?

Yep :o:o

Just glad I didn't take anyone else out with me :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Oh, and to the thoughtless club runner who fecked his bottle as hard as possible into the undergrowth around mile 8 - YES I was talking to you!

The next marshall with a large bin bag was just 200 yards up the road FFS!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Yep :o:o

Just glad I didn't take anyone else out with me :D

What’s the story with you falling all the time Marty........

What’s the story with you falling all the time Marty........

:D:D:D

Call me Lee Majors.....

( I wonder how many people will get that!!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

1hr 28 46s for myself. Thought I was going great at the 10k stage in 40:14. Wheels fell of at about the 10 mile marker. Just stuck in there at 7 min miles to get to the end. Heat killed me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Thanks b,Could feel Manchester's exploits in the legs from about 13miles on.Got to 20miles at sub 3 pace and knew the game was up.Did all 7:20ish miles then to finish.Was a bit dissapointed that I couldn't push through the pain but the legs were gone.Garmin says I spent 2:20 in red zone,so I gave it all I had.What a performance from shotgun.Some return to the marathon.Well done man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dante

Finished the half in 1hr 42min myself. Managed to shave 14 mins off my previous best HM time so pretty happy.

I felt sorry for one of those kids who were holding out the boxes of sweets as everybody was zipping by her without a second glance. As I went to get some off her I picked up a wee bit too much speed and knocked the things right out of her hand and about 5 yards down the hill :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

:D:D:D

Call me Lee Majors.....

( I wonder how many people will get that!!!!!)
    Fair play for bouncing back up and trucking on. I was just up ahead and heard the roar. Glad you are OK.

2:58:50 today. Last 30mins in the pain cave. Very very satisfying to slay the demons. Super day!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Oh, and to the thoughtless club runner who fecked his bottle as hard as possible into the undergrowth around mile 8 - YES I was talking to you!

The next marshall with a large bin bag was just 200 yards up the road FFS!

This...a million times today....shocking by a lot of people....another thing is the queuing for everything the norm in Limerick...from collection of number all the way out the building in a loop to the 10 minutes to leave in and collect bags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Fair play for bouncing back up and trucking on. I was just up ahead and heard the roar. Glad you are OK.

2:58:50 today. Last 30mins in the pain cave. Very very satisfying to slay the demons. Super day!
    Brilliant running man.Delighted for you.All them early morning runs,in the dark and pissing rain,payed off big time.Well done.

Advertisement