Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigrant Caravan's WTF?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

emo72 wrote: »
    So what happens when they get to the US border? There's no wall? Just walk in across the desert? If tens of thousands just walk in I can't see how they can be stopped.

I believe they'll establish a caliphate and invade the surrounding states with their culture.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    You NPCs are lucky to know how to breathe properly.

Wouldn't that be basic programming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

You NPCs are lucky to know how to breathe properly.

You mean through the nose?

As opposed to yourself like? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Wouldn't that be basic programming?

So is practice what you preach,but you're not too good at that either.

Ahh the Typical Virtue Signaler. Yells "Let them in" to look compassionate and then dump them onto a strained social service system.

I think you could fit more buzz words in if you tried harder.

So is practice what you preach,but you're not too good at that either.

What have I preached that I don't practice?

• Advertisement

But there is no checking, that's the problem! Look at the scumbag who raped and murdered 19 year old Maria Landenburger. He claimed to be a teenage afghan when in fact he's a 30 something year old man from Iran. How many more like him are in Germany?

Why should Germans suffer?

Because diversity is our strength yadda yadda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

I believe they'll establish a caliphate and invade the surrounding states with their culture.

What are you talking about? You know these aren't Muslims. Are you just being facetious to ruin the conversation?

What are you talking about? You know these aren't Muslims. Are you just being facetious to ruin the conversation?

I think the conversation was ruined quite some time ago to be honest.

I think we're way past that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Shady's effort to not seem like a Nazi have substantially failed.... Wonder if there's a Neo Nazi site dedicated to photos of Hitler smiling..

• Advertisement

He's not as smart as he thinks he is.

That's happening a lot rounds these parts :D

wexie wrote: »
    That's happening a lot rounds these parts :D

There's you for starters.

There's you for starters.

Yeah Johny, that's exactly what I meant.

God you're so quick, astonishing really.

I thought I was programmed. Make up your mind.

I think we're way past that.

Seriously lads and lasses, Yous don't have to take the bait all the time! If you see an "obvious" wind up Yous can ignore it. Anyway trump sending military to the border, I suppose they can try stop them coming in. But that won't be easy, that border is huge.

Seriously lads and lasses, Yous don't have to take the bait all the time! If you see an "obvious" wind up Yous can ignore it. Anyway trump sending military to the border, I suppose they can try stop them coming in. But that won't be easy, that border is huge.

The caravan is small. Multiple reporters and aid workers embedded. It's 800 miles away. There's no indication it poses any danger. The whole thing is a right wing fearmongering tactic ahead of the US mid terms elections. It's a joke and deserves to be treated as such.

The caravan is small. Multiple reporters and aid workers embedded. It's 800 miles away. There's no indication it poses any danger. The whole thing is a right wing fearmongering tactic ahead of the US mid terms elections. It's a joke and deserves to be treated as such.

Some actually related information.

Even FOX have refused to run Trumps latest campaign add on the basis it's too racist :D

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-news-pulls-racist-trump-ad_us_5be07e66e4b09d43e3218966?guccounter=1

:rolleyes:

7000 people. i reckon that number will swell as it gets closer to the border. this cnn article says the opposite of what you claim. so you claiming its a joke is fair enough, although may not be credible.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/04/americas/migrant-theories-experts-midterms/index.html

• Advertisement

7000 people. i reckon that number will swell as it gets closer to the border. this cnn article says the opposite of what you claim. so you claiming its a joke is fair enough, although may not be credible.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/04/americas/migrant-theories-experts-midterms/index.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/05/trump-border-deployments-could-cost-220-million-pentagon-sees-no-caravan-threat.html

There are more troops being sent than there are people in the caravan and the Pentagon has said it poses no threat. When asked for proof of Trump's claims he said there is no proof.

I don't think anyone has actually claimed that the caravan is happening now because of the midterm elections (or at least not anyone worth listening to). It's being made a big deal because of the elections though. They are two entirely different things.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/05/trump-border-deployments-could-cost-220-million-pentagon-sees-no-caravan-threat.html

There are more troops being sent than there are people in the caravan and the Pentagon has said it poses no threat. When asked for proof of Trump's claims he said there is no proof.

yeah trump may be saying its a threat. but its obviously not. apart from trump whos claiming its a threat? anyone? but still when thousands mass at the us border it will cause some concern. i certainly wouldnt describe it as a joke. that doesnt mean its a threat either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

There was several episodes in history that mimic this episode in the details.

In 476 AD the Goths, Huns and other barbarians entered Rome after being on the borders of the empire for many decades. The leader of the Barbaric tribes, Oadacer, became king of the successor political entity on the fall of Rome.

A similar mechanism is playing out in the USA. The south and central american States are becoming financially moribund and dysfunctional. We only have to look at Venezuela to see what is happening there to see why many people are heading north to what they perceive as being a better life.

The fact is that many other countries, such as Ireland and most of Europe, have largely given up on the USA as being an attractive place in which to form a new life.

They prefer to go to Canada, Australia instead.

It seems likely that the USA will suffer a large influx of desperate and semi skilled fortune seekers who will out breed and out work the native population and force down the standard of living to a catastrophic level. Because of their high profile and global dominance the USA appears to be attractive to people from all the desperately poor regions of the Earth, such as Africa, South and Central America, The Middle East etc.

Inflows from these regions mean that wages and conditions there will be low for some considerable time to come. A similar situation will play out in Europe to the detriment of the high standard of living of the native population there.
    You can forget about higher wages and standards in the first world for decades to come.

Yeah sure just let the caravan in. And the next one. And the next...

Exactly. Its like the Migrant issue here in Europe. Letting one group in only encourages more to come. So a manageable size becomes unsustainable after awhile.

doolox wrote: »
    prefer to go to Canada, Australia instead.

May god save us, all

May god save us, all

Which one? Jaweh? Allah? Krishna?

wexie wrote: »
    Which one? Jaweh? Allah? Krishna?

Does it matter? All fictions. Let's say "Jupiter"!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

So he should send in less troops than projected numbers. That makes sense.

It isn't so much the existence of three or four caravans of people, its the intent coupled with precedence going forward that matters.

And again, there wont be any "proof" of numbers because where are you going to get them? Observed reality in seeing videos of the caravans are good enough to say that there will probably be lots. Unless you want to personally go down and do a head count hour to hour.

As I said to someone else earlier, its the logical fallacy of demanding proof that the sky is blue, when all you need to do is use your own eyeballs. Its weak sauce as an excuse to demand proof in these dynamic situations, and just so happens to be a useful dodge from reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

doolox wrote: »
    There was several episodes in history that mimic this episode in the details.

In 476 AD the Goths, Huns and other barbarians entered Rome after being on the borders of the empire for many decades. The leader of the Barbaric tribes, Oadacer, became king of the successor political entity on the fall of Rome.

A similar mechanism is playing out in the USA. The south and central american States are becoming financially moribund and dysfunctional. We only have to look at Venezuela to see what is happening there to see why many people are heading north to what they perceive as being a better life.

The fact is that many other countries, such as Ireland and most of Europe, have largely given up on the USA as being an attractive place in which to form a new life.

They prefer to go to Canada, Australia instead.

It seems likely that the USA will suffer a large influx of desperate and semi skilled fortune seekers who will out breed and out work the native population and force down the standard of living to a catastrophic level. Because of their high profile and global dominance the USA appears to be attractive to people from all the desperately poor regions of the Earth, such as Africa, South and Central America, The Middle East etc.

Inflows from these regions mean that wages and conditions there will be low for some considerable time to come. A similar situation will play out in Europe to the detriment of the high standard of living of the native population there.
    You can forget about higher wages and standards in the first world for decades to come.

Some people are too scared/ignorant to look beyond their feelings and excuses. It is plainly obvious how these situations would play out if allowed to continue. Thankfully, more and more people are snapping out of it.

Advertisement